No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Feb 28/Stress Test discussion
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Feb 28/Stress Test discussion
Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 19:27   
Ship boarding is bugged:
I worked with an ICC to test. He disabled all pd, and I unloaded 10 inf on him at point-blank range (about 70 gu). ONLY ONE INF showed up on his ship! A green infantry unit. I had unloaded a mix of green and vet inf and heavy inf.

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-28 19:38   
Quote:

The Second Largest Bug happened fairly regularly to the point of being a substantial annoyance, and has something to do with server sync. When building a planet, I wound find myself suddenly unable to scrap buildings (upon second "confirmation" click the game would select the planet)., or tell barracks to train a certain type of troop.

Etymology: This will occur for anything on a planet, there seems to be a process that runs like once every 60-90 seconds that needs to occur before you can scrap anything on a planet or manipulate it effectively. This isn't often noticed for buildings, since people rarely do stuff with them before they're built, but it is extremely noticable for new infantry.

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 19:45   

• Pulse Shields recharge way too fast. Now that they can be placed in the place of actual ICC shields, very many pulses can be placed on a single ship. This allows the pilot to rotate through and use them repeatedly as each one recharges. The instance I saw of this was a cruiser using its pulse every 15 seconds or so as each volley from a planet (and my station) would reach its pulse perimeter. The cruiser couldn't be touched.

[Edit]Thanks to Tsavong Lah for testing - One pulse takes 25 seconds to recharge in the current system. For a ship with 4 shield systems, which is fairly typical, this indicates that a pulse can be used consistently every 6.25 seconds. Based on this, I recommend that pulse charge time be increased to 80 seconds (20 x 4), meaning that the average pulse boat can use pulse every twenty seconds.

• Building multiple buildings at a time seems to be borked. The first building ordered will finish first while the rest lag behind and finish together around the same time. Either make them build sequentially or all at once (I prefer all at once), but this is just weird.
  • Building of a structure continues in the absence of an engineer. This means an engy can jump in, queue up a bunch of buildings, then jump out. Instead, buildings aborted when an engy jumps out should resume building when a build devices comes in range. The prestige for that build could be divided among those that build it.

-Dem

[ This Message was edited by: Demorian on 2004-02-28 19:55 ]

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 20:50   
A few other UGTO stations and I have discovered that sometimes, for some reason, the server says "Failed to create wormhole!". I have no problem with that, but that causes your WH drive to discharge completely too. If it happens several times, it gets really annoying.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

Azure.co.uk
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 20:57   
Quote:

On 2004-02-28 20:50, Sopwith Camel {C?} wrote:
A few other UGTO stations and I have discovered that sometimes, for some reason, the server says "Failed to create wormhole!". I have no problem with that, but that causes your WH drive to discharge completely too. If it happens several times, it gets really annoying.

That happens to all station for some reason, I had it quite alot

Azure.co.uk
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 21:11   
Not sure if this is were I should post it but...SPAM! I mean you have no idea the spam you can get while in battle with "Blah Blah System destroyed" and since they get auto rep to 1%......they get hit down again and you can spammed to hell..

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 21:38   
roids are too uber, spawned from gefjon, lost a modded bd before i could even turn or stop, spawned there again, took a bd down to 40% hull with one or two roids, then another roid spawned under me, went to 25%....

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 21:48   
Thats not the problem. The problem is that the planets that have close roid orbits need to have those orbits removed.

-Dem

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 22:15   
Whoever talked about Failed To Create Wormhole "bug": It's not a bug, you have to be totally stationary to create a wormhole.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-02-28 22:15 ]

Email Bobamelius
JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-02-28 22:23   
Quote:

On 2004-02-28 18:18, _xSwitchBladex_-|-Bomber-|- wrote:
I am unable to number my weapons. Whenever i use my Ganglia, it will not allow me to cahnge the numbering on my Psi Missles., I have tried this numerous times before.

Instead of using the old number system, you have to just press the number while the component is selected. If you've already done that and it won't go (this happened to me) it seemed to go away after a minute or so. This also affected my trying to get pulse beams to go auto point defense. They just would not respond. It may be connected with planet scrapping lag among other things.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 22:46   
@Faustus...

Early when this latest round of beta testing started (about 3.5 weeks ago), I was very quick to inform you that disbanding inf no longer translated into population for the planet. I regret this information very much thanks to a discussion just had in the Lobby.

With the introduction of wormholes, instantaneous travel into enemy systems is already possible. With shipyards, travelling system-to-system is also that much easier... and the debate about shipyards, at least from my perspective, has seen its biggest problems in the area of how hard a shipyard planet should be to capture...

...but we've paid very little attention to how easy they are to put up once a foothold has been established in an enemy system.

04:38:45 [{BSS}]*Hawk*2RA*: "all you gotta do is fill the planet up with inf and disband put a few gens on it and instant sy."

Sure, this takes a little effort, but once you've capped a planet, all it takes is a few trannies/dreads through a wormhole to do so. Once this is established, you don't need wormholes because you probably have a large fleet surrounding a planet that is capable of instantly reinforcing said fleet.

Needless to say, this is a problem. My personal input is that, since shipyards are placed on so few planets, factions can stand to wait a while... perhaps shipyards should take twenty to thirty minutes just to build? That way they can't be used very offensively, as that is not their purpose.

But that's just one idea. What do the testers think?

-Dem

Ash'elth
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 23:48   
Bugs I've noticed:

Systems take 0% damage from EVERYTHING. Nuke mines to unshielded portions of armor, hull going under 30%, flux waves to armorless facings at 15gu.... firing on a destroyer from behind until it's at 7% hull and it can still turn and jump away...

I was slugging it out with a Combat Destroyer in a BD... I went to 29% hull and took 10% damage to 1 IE drive... he never shot me in the aft quadrent.
____

Selling devices:

All devices sell for 100% of their purchase price.

____

Mineral selling:

I was buying hypermatter from a planet with over 1000 and selling it to one with under 200. I was buying for 2800 credits and selling for 250 (server said I was recieving 2500 credits) I recieved none... then 2801 for each then I lost the money again.

____

In a BD with PD turned on ICC fighters WOULD NOT be targeted by my cl1000s.

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-29 00:57   
A very weird bug almost got a UGTO fleet killed (but was rescued by the heroic Malduc!)...

The gate from Ross 248 to Tau Ceti is one way (ie. you cant get back into Ross 248 from Tau Ceti). I /y ed the ICC, and they had the same problem...

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-29 01:09   
Two things I've found:

1.) Factories are bugged; most items cannot be built even with ample resources and technology

2.) While bombing friendly planets, you cannot see structures, even with a scanner, until you are inside 250 gu. You can see enemy infantry from distances exceeding 500 gu, but no structures. I'm not sure if this was planned or not.

Malduc

Honor Is All

Fatal Green
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-29 02:00   
1. PD from any type of beam in general ignores fighters. Works on missles as it's supposed to, but completely ignores any fighters attacking your ship.

2. Don't know wether it is intended or not, but whenever I selected a enemy planet and went into f3 view on it, I could see every building and unit on it as if I was a friendly.

Thanks for upgrading Gauss gun attack Faustus. It's roughly four shots for 5% Hvy. Armor now. However, I would still personally like to see another 25-35% increase but I am happy with the fact that I can actually cause some damage now.

[ This Message was edited by: Green *Bito's friend* on 2004-02-29 02:07 ]

Email Fatal Green
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027326 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR