No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Thrusday, 26th , new 1.481 beta build, post all newly found bugs here please!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Thrusday, 26th , new 1.481 beta build, post all newly found bugs here please!
Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-27 04:14   
after doing small test:

- UGTO station aproaching 4 well builded ICC planets

but realized that missile and fighter defence not works just some explosions randomly (like missiles exploding at maximal range)

lag was heavy

then i lost sync, all planets lost for me EVERY building (i see them like owned by ICC, with default population w/o single structure on them) but i was fixed by these depots on planes but i cant see them

i tried exit game and return, still out of sync ...

some AI transport ship stop working and start moving to nowhere (directly out of system)

... Ideas? ... that's Ocean w/o borders !

[ This Message was edited by: Dwarden on 2004-02-27 04:16 ]

Spaceflower (Swe)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-27 04:41   
Orbiting Argrea in Tau Ceti system is equal to death. I have never, in any system found a planet with such great orbit lag. You set your ship on orbit and it incrace its speed to 18 something, then stops centering beside the planet. seconds later it jumps back where it suposed to be. When you leave the planet you crash more often then not. You think you're all in the clear, then suddenly the game tells you that you chrashed into Argrea. Plz do something about this. I've lost far too many good ships due to this orbitlag.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-27 06:52   
Quote:

On 2004-02-26 18:34, Baikon wrote:
Similar to the "Close Bombing" bug, we now have the "Close Dropping" bug. If

Told you half a year ago.. It WILL be an issue

the best solution would be a realisitic athmosphere/defense/mechanics/landing/planet combat system of course

other than that, altho highly unrealisitic, i can only think of a min. dropping distance like for bombs..

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-27 06:53   
Quote:

On 2004-02-26 18:42, Dwarden wrote:
- when disabled yawn control

analeptics? SCNR

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-27 20:47   
Quote:

On 2004-02-27 04:41, Spaceflower wrote:
Orbiting Argrea in Tau Ceti system is equal to death. I have never, in any system found a planet with such great orbit lag. You set your ship on orbit and it incrace its speed to 18 something, then stops centering beside the planet. seconds later it jumps back where it suposed to be. When you leave the planet you crash more often then not. You think you're all in the clear, then suddenly the game tells you that you chrashed into Argrea. Plz do something about this. I've lost far too many good ships due to this orbitlag.

Argrea is a weird planet. I spawned a Support Station there tonite and I found myself moving towards the planet instead of away. I thought that I would crash into the planet, but that was not the case! I actually went INTO Argrea!

At first, I thought it was lag, but I was actually inside the planet for 2-3 minutes: I even tested firing my weapons, and it actually came out the planet.

I have some screenshots available and will post them as soon as possible.

EDIT: also, sometimes the 'change ship' button won't work unless I pause and restart the shipyard again

| [Galactic Navy] | [Matthew Good] |

[ This Message was edited by: Sopwith Camel {C?} on 2004-02-27 21:35 ]

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

Pentara
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-27 21:16   
Pulled a scout out at Earth.

Removed 1 light armor.

Attempted to re-install using "Install Light Armor" icon above Item Description window in bottom Right. Did not work.

Finally managed to reinstall using "Empty Armor Slot" Icon button in ship component list in bottom left.

Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-28 00:58   
Any ships that were modded BEFORE the new slots were integrated recieved new slots.

Such as equipping Flux Waves into Weapons slots before; gave Weapon II slots after.... allowing the strange occurance where a ship didn't have quite the correct weapons....

Spaceflower (Swe)
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-28 08:20   

Quote:

Argrea is a weird planet. I spawned a Support Station there tonite and I found myself moving towards the planet instead of away. I thought that I would crash into the planet, but that was not the case! I actually went INTO Argrea!

At first, I thought it was lag, but I was actually inside the planet for 2-3 minutes: I even tested firing my weapons, and it actually came out the planet.

I have some screenshots available and will post them as soon as possible.

EDIT: also, sometimes the 'change ship' button won't work unless I pause and restart the shipyard again

Nice to hear i'm not the only one. Acctually, after last night playing i would say that the whole sector is unstable. I experiensed same lag at the 2 permanent gates, and a few other planets.

Azure.co.uk
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 08:51   
Lost all control of ship after existing a made wormhole into Lalande from Luyten. I believe the Gaifen/EE who existed from that wormhole had the same problem too since they were just travelling in a straight line as were we...

EDIT: Also happens sometimes after existing a JUmpgate and other wormhole...

[ This Message was edited by: Azure.co.uk on 2004-02-28 09:27 ]

chris aka sunshine
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-28 09:40   
*Morpheus* reported the same problem, he couldn't navigate/fire/jump or self-destruct.. he had to logout..

happened to him after passing a wormhole

Email chris aka sunshine   Goto the website of chris aka sunshine
Condor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-28 09:57   
i have had 2 remove beta from my p/c i use zone alarm and keeps giving red prog warning i go too play and beta crashes all the time . i have reboot my p/c and repair my pc all the time .

Email Condor
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 10:14   
Quote:

On 2004-02-28 09:57, Condor wrote:
i have had 2 remove beta from my p/c i use zone alarm and keeps giving red prog warning i go too play and beta crashes all the time . i have reboot my p/c and repair my pc all the time .

havent had any problems with beta and zone alarm, cept when it gets changed because the beta got updated (if thats what your talking about) but its only a minor inconvinience

what ZA version?

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-28 10:41   

[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2004-02-28 10:47 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.021981 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR