No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +13.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » FAUSTUS! - Big Beta Problem...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author FAUSTUS! - Big Beta Problem...
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-02-22 07:39   
From Larkys Brother, Demonwing:

ok, so i can speak frum xperience here guys, free tech is a BAD BAD PLAN. i member flyin freakin elfing HCs way back when, and all it wus wus whoever shot first won. elfs are like sayin *no power for you, plenty for us, kiss yer ship goodbye*

and da crap da kluth cun pull at the same time aint pretty either, same for the uggies. fluxin elfin EADs with AM torpies, not a nice sight.

wit free tech it comes down ta who can hit the fire key fastst or whos got nuff ecm ontopa their cloak

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-22 09:20   
Malduc, coming from a UGTO player that seems to have issues with what I say, I have to doubt you due to lack of impartiality. That's just like those Kluth that claimed cl2k's were fine when clearly they weren't. I'm not speaking about the current MV I hope you know, I'm speaking about the beta MV and the proposed unlimited modding cuz it's way different than live.

Allowing them in regular weapon slots is too powerful. Here's why: nobody really cares if they have to lose some cannons to fit some flux because cannons are worthless and they still get to keep the real weapons, the torps. They just sacrificed some worthless weapons for some that can define the battle. It's foolish NOT to mod that. It's the same kind of reason Kluth used cl2k's, compared to disruptors it's crazy NOT to.

Now you said it's gonna be fixed soon to limit flux. How? If they remain normal slots it won't be fixed. Won' t be fixed if they become heavy either (except for having to choose between missiles/torps or flux, good IMO).The only way to REALLY make sure they're limited is to make them special slots. How's that gonna fly with UGTO players?

As for Kluth, I'm speaking as a Kluth player. Being in beta, I see now that we cannot mod with this new system. We cannot get cl2k's, cl1k's, or even cl500 really. What can we mod our torps with? Mines? That's limited, specialized use. IT missiles? No way that's a downgrade. You might safely argue that Kluth don't need modding as their stock ships are powerful enough; I can argue that that argument only works when comparing Kluth stock ships to human stock.

You start allowing massive unrestricted modding for human ships with this current system that severly limits Kluth, and a problem arises. Heck, half of Kluth don't even get special slots, so one lousy ECM can render the cloaks of an entire Kluth fleet useless.

Remember, don't judge this based on the live MV. Live MV has Kluth with cl2k's. Beta MV has disruptors which don't compare at all.

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2004-02-22 09:43 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-02-22 09:37   
Thanks MrSparkle...

Thats what I'm saying guys, no faction restrictions on modding can be fixed just by making sure the right slots are on the right ships.

I'm looking at the class WeaponFluxBeam right now, it's classifies as a WEAPON_BEAM... so should this be a WEAPON_HEAVY_BEAM?

Thats EXACTLY the kind of input I need from the beta testers, help me fix the classifications of the devices so that we don't end up with bad and unfair combinations.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-22 10:42   
Kluth are meant to be hit and run though....they originaly were not meant to be able to hold in fights that well.....hence the reason they had no armour...i wouldnt mind if they had cl2ks if they had no armour like before....Plus they have Cloak and auto repair.... now imo that should be enough...those two on thier own make a pretty decent defence for any ship....but they also have the most powerful torps, mines...and a the AMJD ( uncomfirmed ) ... UGTO have..flux....which is being restricted..and beams arnt all that good anyway...on thier own they are usless against other ships...and to do any serious damage you need to take the armour and / or shield down aswell.....and the ICC .... they just have WAY too much...

Pulse Shield, Shields, Pulse Laser, Planetairy shields, Pulse defence bases....

no other team get any of these....

the only good things about UGTO are thier flux....and now that is going to be limited....there are only 2 dreads worth flying on UGTO imo and thats the EAD because of its armery of weapons..and the carrier for its long range......thats it...the ICC get a bomber dread...and AD......kluth get the Gang which is a stupid ship with its reload and iv always wanted the gangs reload reduced or its auto repair taken off...

but these are just my thaughts and we all have our own....

I have flown all sides and i have to say UGTO is the hardest to play as.....and i am not just saying that as a GTN member....

-Backy

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2004-02-22 10:55   
You guys need to read the "New Slots" post .... locking this thread now, since everything you all say it moot because I've already been adjusting the device types and slots on all ships.

An update should be up soon, sometime on monday most likely, then complain after you see the latest changes and who can mount what.

ALSO, please be constructive... give me suggestions on how we could adjust the device slot types even more to produce the best balance between the factions.... because I beleive it can be done.

Alternatively, I could just pull modding out of the game all-together

Goto the website of Faustus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.017330 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR