No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Friday, Feb 20 - Bug reports and Discussion
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Friday, Feb 20 - Bug reports and Discussion
Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-20 18:49   
Moving to a new thread for the new MV

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-20 20:35   
With the new barracks infantry added, you cannot see how amny infatry are being produced. You also cannot delte infatry from being made to conserve resources.

- Switch
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-20 21:06   
I think because barracks are now automatic? Seems like they will keep building until the planet's full, and all we do now is choose regular or heavy, or pause the building if it's just being built and we need the metals.

Defense base bug still exists. All instances I've seen so far seem to center around shipyard planets. The missiles launch then either self destruct or hit some sort of barrier a slight distance away from the surface of the planet.

In the factory's available parts to build list, is it intentional that AM mines are left out still? And for Kluth there's reactors listed, but not able to be built. We can build cloaks which we can never mod with, but not AM mines which we can That's been bugging me since forever. (EDIT: right now it is possible to mod with cloaks due to the special II slots as per below, but doubtful that will remain, leaving kluth with buildable yet useless cloaks again)

Auto repair and cloak are now special II slots...seems we can outfit two auto repairs and give up our cloak because of that. Intentional? Haven't actually tried yet.

Biggest problem I'm seeing so far is the fact that build drones STILL have a 250 range when orbiting. This causes a big problem when building a large planet as the opposite side of the planet is out of range. I think the 250 range doesn't apply to shipyards once you enter orbit from what I've seen (that's a good change, it can be on the opposite side 300gu away and if you're orbiting you can still use it). That same thing should apply to build drones which would probably require a complete reworking of the drone (for next patch I assume?)

If there's 32 regular infantry on a planet and you want to start building heavy infantry, you can't choose heavy (or even regular) at the barracks until you've disbanded some of the regulars. And disbanding the regulars leads to pop increase then loss which lowers morale Haven't seen a revolt from it yet but it's a potential problem. I'd suggest being able to highlight either regular or heavy at barracks for future building even if the planet has 32 infantry.

One minor problem...add hydrogen to at least one buildable planet in Cygnus, preferably two Maybe Azuk and Af?

[ This Message was edited by: MrSparkle on 2004-02-21 18:56 ]

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-21 01:32   
MIRVs do too much damage for the splash effect, and/or infantry/light buildings are too vulnerable to MIRV splash.

Still having problems with buildings and infantry not being updated for 30 seconds to a minute (and thus not able to scrap or effect those structures).

Gaifens sometimes dont explode...?

Building levels seem perfect.

I suggest NOT making bombs track structures through rotation. Ia ctually find it a lot of fun bombing without rotation tracking.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-21 01:50   
I too think MIRV's do too much splash. If you bomb a "deathstar" type planet, you can destroy buildings on the opposite side you are bombing from.

Email Tbone
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-21 01:54   
Planets will be bigger, of course, but people tend to concentrate structures for ease of use and ease of defence.

I think its okay if multiple structures get damaged, just don't like that a single MIRV wave from a bomber frigate can kill every none-defence structure within 4-5 squares.

OMG I figured out what the black lines connected to planets are. They link a planet to its transport.

[ This Message was edited by: Sandalpocalypse on 2004-02-21 03:09 ]

TheEvilGriffin
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-21 04:19   
Quote:

One minor problem...add hydrogen to at least one buildable planet in Cygnus, preferably two Maybe Azuk and Af?

Kapteyn's Star doesnt have any hydrogen on any buildable planets. So i simply loaded up a Transport in another system, docked with shipyard, which unloaded my cargo to storage, sooo might as well repeat till storage is full. Then either go to system via Jump gates or change spawn point to a yard in the system needing the hydrogen, then sell.

Email TheEvilGriffin
tomcat
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-21 07:29   
still having trouble to see all buildings on an enemyplanet, i see 2 general categories:

1. visibility as it should be
- infantry
-barracks
-starport
-defences

2. only visible after capping the planet
- all other types of buildings

dunno if it is intended that only combat related buildings are visible to an approaching enemy - but if that is the case i would like to know to adjust tactic.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-21 07:41   
Yes tomcat I think that's intentional.

And to elaborate on something Sandalpocalypse said, people do seem to tend to cluster buildings together so that defense bases can cover them easier.

Now the problem with that is it leaves the planet with safe areas for enemy infantry to land. With a planet built like that (to prevent bombing), there's actually no NEED to bomb.

That leads us to the problem of larger planets and the current structure limit. There's just no way you can effectively defend a larger planet with only 32 structures. Defense bases will always be too spread out and leave vulnerable ares for enemy infantry. Vulnerable areas = a guaranteed cap with no bombing required.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-21 09:42   
of course, larger planets should be harder to defend assuming the same strength.

until we get some sort of system representing military and economic diversity and dynamics, a hard limit might be acceptable.

maybe the structure limits for very large planets could be increased a tad bit, but not so much as to make them strategically more worthy, just enough to bring them up par with medium in defendability.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2004-02-21 11:25   
In reply to tomcat... yes, that is the intention; only defense related structures are intended to be visible.

Goto the website of Drafell
-Baron Von Virtu
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-21 13:18   
Biiig bug. K'luth seem near impossible to target. We were in Cincinatti chasing a Gangila, he was never more than 500gu from us and there were 3 of us flying EADs with ECCM on, siginature was 33 (planets didnt have anti sensor) and we couldnt target him AT ALL.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\r\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\n
Site Director - The Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace

Octurion
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-02-21 13:57   
when a planet is locked can it be made so that starports and factorys arent? It seems to me not to help the team when a Grand Amiral locks a planets and now everyone under him cant use it to mod their ships for combat.

tomcat
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-21 14:30   
good idea and when it would be changed in that direction why not implement a priority in the queue = higher ranks are on top of the queue then the lower ones so there is no need to keep those locked out of fear that someone else delete the hooked up equippment in the factory (maybe it would be even possible to lock items in the queue upon request of the player which added them)

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-21 14:44   
Gaifen are made up of darkmatter and metals when you kill them Instead of releasing metal, they should release food crates...

Roasted gaifen served on a bed of rice should increase planet morale ...

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025674 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR