No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » AFK Supplying options
 Author AFK Supplying options
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-02-20 11:14   
AFK Supply and Repair Vessels.

Manually
I would like to see a way of implementing a command where a captain of a supply ship, or Station can Manually set his ship to AFK Supply and leave his/her ship parked where-ever but allow active players to continue utilizing the supply services.

That way, if, say Octurion should have to go AFK in a contended system, he can park his ship on the edge of the system or somewhere where he can’t be found and push the AFK button. When a wounded ship jumps to him there won’t be the normal frustration of Why the hell aren’t you fixing me, followed by a /e Yo, Octurion’s AFK station is located at 3.7,-6.1 Instead, the player merely has to remain within100gu of the player, target them and the AFK supply drones act like a Depot.

There will be some benefit of leaving your Station AFK in the middle of nowhere for any friendly player that happens across you…i.e: Park my ICC station on the fringes of Earth for a day or so and let whomever needs to, stop and shop while I am away doing other work.

Unfair! You cry? Well, following a wounded ship isn’t too tough, and an AFK Station isn’t going to put up much of a fight.

Automatically
If a supply ship or any ship with a supply is at rest for more than 5 minutes, than that ship will automatically begin re-supplying any ship within 100gu, if that ship targets the supply, but always beginning with itself.

Limitations
1.AFK Supplying gets you NO prestige…it’s the computer doing the work, after all.

2.Much like an automated Depot, the ship will not be slaved to one ship as a supply, but will supply randomly

3.This will [b]NOT[b] work on Follow. If it did, that would suck for the attacker and be too easy for the guy with the herd of supplying ships behind her. Your ship has to be stationary when you put it on AFK or it has to be stationary when you leave it for more than 5 minutes.

Basically, floating supply platforms (I know, the patch) that have a person attached to them, just one that is not really available at the moment. Imagine taking your EAD out from the Gate and taking a long jump somewhere…Suddenly, your target screen indicates that there is an ICC parked 1.5 million gu’s from Earth

“That’s how they have been able to constantly bomb us for the last two days!” You exclaim as you move not more than 150gu away from the Station and leisurely bast it back to hell.

Keja Dogo {C?} (Master windoo)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-20 14:12   
yeah nice idea, i especially like the part where afk supplying gets you no prestige. good, coherant idea.

\"If you place a thing in the center of your life, that lacks the power to norish, it will eventually poison everything that you are, and destroy you. As simple a thing as an idea, or your perspective of your se

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-20 14:18   
The word coherent should not be used to describe Juxtapose in any way.

Email Tbone
Keja Dogo {C?} (Master windoo)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-20 15:51   
Quote:

The word coherent should not be used to describe Juxtapose in any way.

LOL

\"If you place a thing in the center of your life, that lacks the power to norish, it will eventually poison everything that you are, and destroy you. As simple a thing as an idea, or your perspective of your se

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-20 17:52   
Seems perfectly coherent to me. I like it

bobamelius2000@yahoo.com
Sig hosting available

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-02-20 17:52 ]

Email Bobamelius
Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-20 19:52   
The idea itself is quite good, especially the no points stuff since you are not doing anything (would be wrong to put your ship on autopilot and become FA whilst your away )

Myon

[edit] look belowe

Been dealing out lag in your neighbourhood since 2001

[ This Message was edited by: Valerius{DK} on 2004-02-20 19:53 ]

Email Valerius{DK}
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-20 19:52   
I like it. It seems balanced out, and is helpful for people that just want to help..without doing anything

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2004-02-20 20:16   
its inherently coherent and very good too

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Page created in 0.027679 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR