No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +11.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Most recent 1.481 Version (15th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Most recent 1.481 Version (15th Feb) ....Post ALL Bugs Found AND Discussion here!
Iglooman (SF)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-17 10:20   
Some observations from last night.

This is on a separate thread, but to make sure it's listed - planet revolts. Had an ocean world. Morale stayed low no matter what I did. Eventually revolted. Also lost my shipyard planet due to revolt. Suggestion - low morale should spawn revolting units of infantry that battle the current planet's infantry. If morale remains low, better trained/more infantry spawns as the time it's been in low morale increases, but in this way, the battle for planetary control could be seen, and you could still inforce 'martial law' to keep the planet until you get it fixed...

Maybe we need some sort of entertainment structure to keep morale up, or extra workers not employed can be entertainers... Or the system just needs to be fixed... Planets were revolting all over the place. ICC planets should have morale boosted if in a system that is ICC controled, same with other factions...

Resources unloaded to colony hub still do not transfer correctly. Trading to spaceport reports wrong numbers by server, but appears to function correctly.

Mining beam still has trouble at times loading the cargo hold after you unload resources to planet, but not as often anymore...

Keep up the great work Faustus!

Mike Drenth - Temagami

Goto the website of Iglooman (SF)
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-17 17:00   
Planet morale and revolting seems too complicated. This is coming from someone who loved the intricacy of the old research system.

From what I heard it has something to do with the planet not being able to trade with the automatic trade system? Considering we have no control whatsoever over planet trading anymore, I don't think it's a good idea to have that be the reason for morale/revolts (if what I've heard is true)

Iglooman (SF)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-18 00:28   
Some more observations.

Trying to figure out the morale system. Read that it might be linked to demand for resources. I've been working in a system with planets that are the only ones controlled with a specific resource, and they have revolted. No other planet had Darkmatter or Hydrogen at the time, but both revolted. Both also had a previous population. One was an ocean, one Arid I believe. Barren planets seem quite happy, but if the planet had a population before being capped, it seems to be touchy.

Tried the food solution. Ended up with two planets dropping in population, despite being balanced with surplus on the offending planet. *Sigh* Hoping DS doesn't turn into a micromanagement nightmare...

Also had a couple problems with telling my landed troops to defend. Might have been lag.

Preordered troops (in cargo bay) don't keep their orders when offloaded onto a planet. Would be nice if they did...

Mike Drenth - Temagami

Iglooman (SF)
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-18 00:29   
Some more observations.

Trying to figure out the morale system. Read that it might be linked to demand for resources. I've been working in a system with planets that are the only ones controlled with a specific resource, and they have revolted. No other planet had Darkmatter or Hydrogen at the time, but both revolted. Both also had a previous population. One was an ocean, one Arid I believe. Barren planets seem quite happy, but if the planet had a population before being capped, it seems to be touchy.

Tried the food solution. Ended up with two planets dropping in population, despite being balanced with surplus on the offending planet. *Sigh* Hoping DS doesn't turn into a micromanagement nightmare...

Also had a couple problems with telling my landed troops to defend. Might have been lag.

Preordered troops (in cargo bay) don't keep their orders when offloaded onto a planet. Would be nice if they did...

Mike Drenth - Temagami

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-18 09:30   
Yeah I tried the food solution too. At one point my two planets that were revolting most often (Maat and Rafraue) had +30 and +40 food respectively, and it did nothing.

I don't know what's causing all the unrest, I don't know how to fix it, and like you, I REALLY don't want DS to become a micromanagement nightmare.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-02-18 09:31   
One thing i find unclear is when a building is active or not.

right now the building active is lighted and the one inactive isnt... the diffenrence isnt that big.

i suggest you make inactive buildings change to a red hue.. that should make it clear whats online and what isnt.

- Axi

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-02-18 09:38   
Max jump range.

In release if you set a point BEYOND your jump range it will not jump and give you a message what your max range realy is..
would love to see this in 1481 as well.

- Axi

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-18 09:45   
was studying the beta mv, its either just me or is the layout of the systems sorta off? eitherway it doesnt look like the 1.480 mv
and the cincinnati system?

factorys still have some issues with produing all the parts, in that they dont

alt+p info, still showing latency of 0ms constant

cople other things i wanted to get out of the way about the building levels.
im good up to the tech levels, i can work with it.
its annonying (if only to me) but im having a hard time reading the building icons now, i cant differentiate bewteen a lvl2 and lvl3 structure with alot more studying of the icons than should be needed for something like this, some of the icons have just too much stuff going on (imho),
think i brought this up before, but the icons could at least use some sorting.
on the built structures list on F3- leave it with newest built on top, but expand it to 4 rows for icons, shorten the row lengths and add a bit of space in between the icons.
buildable structures list, from bottom row to top, colonly hub, port, shipard, barracks and domes, then group the farms together and generators (with solars at one end or the other) together, then research labs group, sensors, dictor and depot, and the fighter base and defbase groups up top. something like that

and/or perhaps add in more colors for building icons, with different shades of a color for the different levels (darkshade, low tech, light shade, high tech)

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-18 09:51   
Quote:

On 2004-02-18 09:38, Axianda *XO* wrote:
Max jump range.
In release if you set a point BEYOND your jump range it will not jump and give you a message what your max range realy is..
would love to see this in 1481 as well.

sort of a addition to that, eithere it was way uber laggy when i tried it but if your traveling at speed (say 15gu/s to come in to orbit a planet) and your within the jump offset distance (how far from the target you end you jump when your moving at speed) you cant jump to the planet

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-18 19:17   
Stations cant fire for some reasons either after :

Spawning from garage
Entering/Leaving a Jump Gate / WormHole
After a Jump

No amount of waiting, geting out of the safe zone ( i made sure i was out of it ) and clicking on the things works, however the JD, Tractor Beam, engines, and Reloads work.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash {C?} on 2004-02-18 19:17 ]

ScottyderEchte
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-02-19 05:05   
Several hings seem borked to me.

1. Troops

I cant find a way to eject unwanted troops. If by accident you load greens you are stuck.

ATM I cant unload onto any planet either in Eri.

2. Jump Drive

I have Jump lag. Going to or away from a planet and a dictor field. It is not every jump but sporadic.

Beyond that I am as confused as all others about the Moral system. It is frustrating not being able to control what is going on and you loose a planet shortly after capping it.

my 2cents for today.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-19 06:03   
-Infantry produced at a planet cannot be disbanded right away. Rather, every minute ? or so, it seems like there's an update that runs and once that update runs you can disband all the inf that was present for that update, then you have to wait for the next one. I'm just totally theorizing here, but even if wildly inaccurate it should describe the behaviour adequately.

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-19 07:57   
» Shift + Space Still screws around with your Point Defense. BAD!

» Navigation is really annoying, all the planet buttons are the same color, you cant see anything.
Old screen:

New Screen:

As you can see, the new screen seems to take over whatever color you select for your hud. this sucks, please return it to the old system.

» Target someone and Create a wormhole. The wormhole will form on this person and he will be warped between holes like 40 times.
While this isnt really a problem, you can simply start moving and youll move out of the wormhole, Its still a bit silly.
The wormhole should form 250 gu from your target.

» Worm Holes can be created inside Planets/Stars. Not very nice if people do that and you fly trough

» Beams do hit Wormholes but Projectiles dont. Perhaps wormholes should be destroyable?

» When selecting a Resolution from the Setup menu all i see is this:

I cant see the actuall resolution

Edit:
@Backslash: My Hive could fire after i wormholed and gated, so its not related to the gates or anything.

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz on 2004-02-19 08:01 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-19 09:18   
What's with that red screen? I got that once too, had to exit and hit play again to get it back to normal for me. I don't think it's taking your HUD color, I think it may be a bug.

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-19 12:52   
Quote:

On 2004-02-19 09:18, MrSparkle wrote:
What's with that red screen? I got that once too, had to exit and hit play again to get it back to normal for me. I don't think it's taking your HUD color, I think it may be a bug.

Well i always set my hud to Dark Red with an Orange line so i assumed it took over those colors on the nav screen.
I have entered the beta a few times and it didnt reset.
Ill see what happens when i change the color once i get back to my old comp.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033998 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR