No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +15.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » specific structure lock system
 Author specific structure lock system
Raiders
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-14 14:06   
Can a change be made to our current lock system that either allows you to lock specific structures or completely ignores certian structures. The reason being, with the low troop que baracks run out of qued troops fast and are rarely requed up, or if you try the planet is locked.

Also is it possible to have shipyards be unlockable. It seems way to easy to exploit a system were all you have to do is pause one structure to decimate a teams ship spawning ability.

Death is just the first step along an unknown path

Email Raiders
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2004-02-14 17:58   
Not to mention how annoying it is to have a vital planet locked by a fleet admiral or higher only to have him/her leave the game, or just ignore the planet when it needs attention like when under attack or invasion with no infantry queued.

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-14 20:51   
This is always a difficult balancing act for an FA. I for one dont lock planets lightly, and only those I build.

However the number of times (dozens) i've had a critical planet crippled by a newbie easily outweight the number (one) of locked planets i've lost through inattention.

I know it can be annoying when you know how to build a planet, you find it lacking in some way, often only half finished, and its locked. However if you speak up I'll unlock the planet or make the modification requested. Most FA's will do the same.

However something that I have come across with *some* of my peers which I personnally take a very dim view of (and I beleive should earn a ROC warning from admins on breaching the spirit of the game) Is the tendency of some FA's to lock planets they never built for their own benefit (i.e. mods) and to the exclusion of the original builder.

And yes I know some FA's cannot not build.

A possibile solution to the short infranty queues would be to change barracks so they are marked as either infrantry production and queue up troops automatically or training barracks that dont. Given the new capping scheme this wouldn't cause a problem.

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2004-02-14 21:09 ]

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Sky
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2004-02-15 09:26   
what I find really annoying is when the builder lock the planet and stops the shipyard until he gets enought resources to stack 6 dreads in its garage, while the others on the team are stucked with frigates, this is really crap

Sky.

Dwarden
Admiral
CHIMERA

Posted: 2004-02-15 15:48   
Building queue (creating big ship need time and person can't have more than 1 ship of same type constructed at same time moment in same shipyard)

Queue should be visible with all player names and what they are building (some addiitonal screen to shipyard constructions) ...

Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-17 16:44   
Please continue this discussion in the official thread.

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Page created in 0.026969 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR