No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » High Explosives >:D
 Author High Explosives >:D
Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-02-10 17:30   
OK I know I've seen this mentioned before but the guy didn't do a very good job of explaining it...

What if there were special types of ammunition you could purchase for some of the projectile weapons...

Namely:

Step 1. You fly up to a starport, and purchase one (1) case (25 shots) of high explosive ammunition (HE).

(OK I'll stop with the parenthesis)

Step 2. The HE ammo is now in your cargo hold. So, you left click on it. A list of weapons capable of recieving this type of ammunition appears on the lower right hand corner of your screen.

Basically the same kind of thing as when you swap weapons.

Step 3. So you click on a weapon you wish to load with HE ammo. The ammo dissapears from your hold, but now, on the icon representing the weapon you selected has a yellow number 25 next to the normal ammunition level indicator.

This means you now have 15 rounds of HE ammunition that will now be used by that cannon when fired.

NOTE: Perhaps a special key combo should be created to fire special munitions, ctrl space maybe?
Ammunition should be cheap too, like 5 creds a case or something..

Once depleted, the cannon will return to firing normal ammunition

I'll now list my ideas for special ammo, and their corresponding weapons.

Gauss Gun:

- Depleted Uranium Round (25 rounds a case)

Depleted Uranium Armor Piercing rounds used a multi-stage shell. The primary stage features a reinforced depleted uranium nose, and shaft, which is used to initially puncture the enemy vessels armor. The secondary stage is an explosive charge, which widens the hole in the armor, and propels the Depleted Uranium shaft deeper into the enemy vessel.

(Great against Armor... duh, but relatively useless against shields. Also does does decent damage to ship hull points.)

- HEAS High Explosive Anti-Ship Rounds (25 rounds a case)

HEAS Rounds are filled with shaped charge explosives, capable of shredding a ship, once the armor and shielding has been effectively worn down.

Rail Cannon:

- Flak Rounds (15 rounds a case)

Flak weapons are effective against small fast moving targets... which due to their lighter armor are prone to taking damage from shraphnel and explosives contained in a flak round. Flak Is relatively useless against larger vessels though, because of thier heavier armor, and thicker sub-skin.

(Cannot Be used against fighters for justified reasons I don't feel like explaining)

EMP Cannon:

- Burst Emission Charge (10 rounds a case)

These devices are used to build up massive amounts of energy within a magnetic containment sphere, then when within close proximity to an enemy vessel releases it's energy...

(This is an area affect weapon. Basically an EMP flak gun. It is very effective against shielding)

PSI Cannon:

- Plasma Charge (25 rounds in a case)

Fires a high energy plasma globe, that upon contact with an enemy hull discharges superheated plasma, which melts and burns it's way through armor, hull, and crew.

(Basically K'luth HE weaponry XD)

NOTE: All special ammunition takes longer to load than standard weapon munitions.

Page created in 0.005273 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR