No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +12.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » 1.481b Official Bug List (Updated Feb 9 @ 2000 GMT -5)
 Author 1.481b Official Bug List (Updated Feb 9 @ 2000 GMT -5)
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-09 18:50   
Official 1.481b Bug List
---------------------------------
Latest Update: Feb 9, 2004 @ 2000 GMT

This privately managed list has been compiled by reports in the 1.481 discussion thread, and will list all bugs known since said thread began whether they have since been fixed or not (with the exception of those that he has publicly noted as being fixed). This is being provided as the means to two ends: An easy reference for Faustus, and a reference for players to see if a bug they've found has been reported already. So without further ado...

Forum staff, feel free to edit this thread with new and valid additions or to remove fixed bugs.

• Self Destruct and Create defend mission keyboard shortcuts are the same shortcut.
  • Systems do not take damage once 50% hull is reached
  • Mines only effect the first system listed on the ship, in all cases this is the first STL engine.
  • Cannons grossly overpowered.
  • Flying into gates and back out reset your credits to whatever you had when you entered the server.
  • Create defend mission and scrap/disband both on ctrl+Q
  • Disconnects make it so you lose all of the prestige you gained on that server beforehand.
  • If your ship is captured by the enemy, you respawn with a preset jump and you can still navigate your ship, but the Jump Alignment timer goes off and when it reaches zero the Text `Jump Complete` appears in the upper left in the chat.
  • Ability to "jump" through Dhao if you get close enough
  • Can't load any cargo from destroyed enemy ships, it turns to green after load and then not apear in my cargo (it float in space till vanishing) ...
  • Manufactured items not listed in factory queue, but they eat resources.
  • Starport list not updating with manufactured items.
  • Getting kicked to desktop when the map cycles and brings up that scoreboard
  • The new next target command that selects sub systems on ships rarely works.
  • You can select a point in space and it will give you a next target option. clicking next target in this way will crash to desktop.
  • Computer lockup when picking up a weapon in space from a destroyed ship.
  • Personal ship explosions cause extreme graphics lag.
  • Gas giant's impact radii extend further than their models.
  • Depots spam "reload" information to players even if the players are on the other team.
  • Getting occasional ECCM On, ECCM Off spam when sensor bases get built (possible connection to depot spam bug)
  • Seems to be a sync issue with enemy planets, had Okag targeted with 32 structures, could only see 6 of the structures. After bombing the planet to 26 structures could only see the remaining 2 of 6.
  • A command while using /meta results in a text broadcast.
  • Every few minutes my credits resets in the beta (I earned a total of 5K credits last night, spent 500 on an ecm and have 0 now)(this happens a lot and I have seen my credits go from 1K to 0 while waiting for an nme to appear)
  • In cygnus system you CANT drop inf on Ahaza.. the inf just go straight down to the unknown.
  • Resource lost is stuck wont go up or down
  • Planet collisions is also stuck
  • Most gas giants are to far to mine even when you orbit them. you dont see any target squares.
  • Shooting beacons at planets (namely Faobian) beacons show up as yellow inf diamonds, and are targetable parts of the planet (can be selected)
  • Faction names on the join window dont darken if the team is full, no other indication if team is full or not untill you try to join a team
  • Buttons are very hard to click if their decals (such as ship categories in ship selections or the chat type in the communications tab) are small. The click area of the button should be changed to encompass the button, not just the image/text on the button.
  • Fleet chat doesn't send to your fleet only. Your faction can still hear it.
  • Inf do not retain the orders given on ship when they go down to the planet...
  • Sometimes, at seemingly random moments, I become unable to fire weapons or unload infantry.
  • Tried to unload inf onto a planet, defenses shot through planet and shot them down.
  • Chat is by default faction whilst in-game, but while changing ships it is fleet chat instead
  • Jump does not work in navigation screen.
  • A spelling error in the Setup Menu under options: Shiow Sheild Status
  • My game crashed as I was building Le in the beta scenario. I built a starport, and when it was done, I went to go switch ships. It opened the ship select screen and my comp locked and the game crashed.
  • Incomming beacons cant be shot with PD
  • Particle effects: Particles cluster around your ship if you zoom in and rotate the camera, or just stay zoomed in. If you then zoom out a short distance, the particles stay clustered around your ship, they DO NOT disperse out, unless you zoom out of view.
  • The enemy jump gate is visible in the F2 Screen, even if no friendly is near it.
  • Old bug: Inability to fire after launching from the shipyard.
  • Complete freeze if warp into jumpgate while in F2 Screen
  • Planetary Depots count as Defense on the bottom right screen when selected.
  • Metals collecting in the spaceport past their base unit (1000) eg: 1079 metals in spaceport
  • Metals are NOT added to planet totals if sold at spaceports. They just build up.
  • Fighters docking with their mothership are not added back to the fighter bay total.
  • Can see enemy trade routes when sending/receiving planet is selected (F2 screen only)
  • Deactivateing Depots DOES NOT stop them from reloading friendly ships.
  • ECCM/ECM rings do not conform with their base's angle. It is straigth up/down, not at all expanding at an angle similar to its location in the planet's curvature.
  • Enemies can be seen in F2 Screen, even if there is no friendly anywhere near them, or their signature is - and nobody can see them, they are still visible.
  • Def bases don't fire.
  • Also the current ICC Dbases have NO chance of shooting down even 1 drop pod they are way to weak.
  • Friendly kluth ships are still quite invisible.
  • Orbit paths of planets are missing on several maps.
  • On ICC/UGTO alliance maps, the other faction's planets and ships are still enemy.
  • Map Editor still does not work (ships not loaded bug). ICC/UGTO Alliance issue here too.
  • The ELF beam does not seem to transfer the enemies energy to my ship, i do not know if this i just me or not
  • When the beams animation stops when the target is destroyed the sound continues on for the full length of the normal firing cycle.
  • Friendly bases shoot sometimes own drones transporting materials to planet (mostly when player is destroyed or land into shipyard) maybe because they turn to enemy, should be fixed, same goes for troop drones...
  • Exploit: Shipyards can be entered while cruising from about 300 gu away, makes escaping enemies very easy.
  • Shipyards are too easy to exploit with re-entry techniques and such.
  • When you activate the mining beam with a full cargo hold (had infantry), and then dump a cargo to the planet, it won't start filling the new space unless you disable the mining beam, at which point it will start filling the space (with the beam disabled for a short time. When you re-enable the beam it will continue to fill the slot.
  • Point defense seem to be as in release version now. They keep fireing even when target has been destroyed.
  • Arrow keys run the rudder system now and do not properly stop turning when released.
  • Message box does not go away after you hit Enter without typing a message.
  • I've had lots of enemy transports come to my recently captured planets too. They don't seem to cancel the trade routes with their former allied planets.
  • EXPLOITZone border in scenarios is working like a Homegate.
    you can find the borders by keeping ctrl pressed and moving your mouse over the map. as soon as the target indicator stops you have found it. setting a target behind those border and jumping to it you will gate instantly.

Thanks in advance for any help with this list.

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2004-02-10 01:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shigernafy on 2004-02-10 18:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: chris aka sunshine on 2004-02-12 09:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Patrowsky on 2004-02-12 15:14 ]

Page created in 0.005658 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR