No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +10.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [Beta] Boarding.
 Author [Beta] Boarding.
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-07 16:59   
I'm not sure how boarding works right now in beta, all I know is my dread was captured by a cruiser and I didn't even know I had inf on me. Anyway, here is YET ANOTHER proposition for ship capture:

-You board the enemy ship. Big bold text shows up, in BIG RED LETTERS on the victims screen so he know he's boarded.

-Your inf fight any inf the enemy ship is carrying.

-If the boarding inf destroy the defenders a capture timer will ensue (can be displayed or hidden). This timer will vary for ship classes, ie, like 15 seconds for scouts or a few minutes for stations, as the boarding inf are fighting their way past ship security crews, heading to the ship's bridge. Thus they take damage as normal while this timer is going.

-When this timer is on, the enemy ship can appear as Neutral to your forces, so people think twice about shooting at it and blowing it up. Or you could have a little inf icon beside it to show that its been boarded.

-When this timer ends the ship is captured. Don't know what happens after that.

Defending against boarding could simply involve flying into your Jump gate, or docking at a Shipyard, which would eliminate the enemy inf as reinforcements are taken on, etc. Also loading more friendly inf onto the boarded ship would stop (not cancel) the capture timer until they are dead, or the boartding inf are repelled.

It may seem to easy to just gate to prevent yourself from being captured, but that's the whole point. You'll want to board ships that are pretty much disabled and not able to escape. Dictors would also be essential, or a constant stream of disabling weaponry. Maybe if tractor beams are ever fixed they can be used as well.

bobamelius2000@yahoo.com
Sig hosting available

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-02-07 17:00 ]

Email Bobamelius
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-02-07 17:02   
The problem with ship capture is that it's just not fun. :/

What I think that boarding inf should do, is that if they pass a check based on the quality of the defending troops and their quality and relative numbers, they should "take possession" of a random subsystem and keep it destroyed until/unless they can be dug out.

nimby
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2004-02-07 17:18   
I think a new ship system called "security" or something should be put in place to fight off boarders. Even an engie ship would have marines aboard for internal security.

Email nimby
Malduc{-GTN-}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-07 17:28   
Post this on the bug post boba, it may need some tweeking. It probably will not get read by F unless it is there.

Malduc

Honor Is All

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-02-07 18:33   
Please post these comments in the designated 1.481 Discussion thread. Thanks!

-Dem

Page created in 0.010215 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR