No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Plasma Weapons
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Plasma Weapons
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-29 20:39   
I am proposing a new class of extremely deadly weapons for inclusion in the upcoming Legion faction.
Plasma Weapons use magnetic fields to direct a tiny lance of plasma or a large plasma ball towards a enemy ship.Damage is extreme and the plasma is extremely accurate.However the Plasma weapons use up a atrocious amount of energy and the charging process is extremely inefficient which increases charge times.
The type of weapons are as follows:
Plasma Turrets that fire a medium sized plasma projectile at a enemy target.Once fired it sticks to the target for a few seconds causing a little extra damage to the target.

Plasma Torpedos launchers that shoot a tiny lance of plasma that homes in on a enemy ships magnetic field.The only way to evade this kinda of plasma is to jump out.

Also once enemy presence in a area around a planet is defeated,Legion ships equipeed with plasma turrets are able to "glass" a planet by burning every centimeter of the planet with plasma (I am assuming that since the Legion wants to annhilate all enemies both military and civilian).

The glassing of a planet takes a good while to be completed,however those on the Legion faction that participate in the glassing of the planet gain a good amount of pres while those on the other factions lose pres for allowing the Legion to glass a planet.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-29 20:44   
wait. upcoming faction? new? is in new faction to play as??

[i]say WHAT?!

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-29 20:51   
Gideon mentioned in one of his Dev chats that a 4th faction was to be introduced called Legion (originally called MIR) which was hostile to all other factions and an ancient enemy of the Kluth (i think he mentioned that too).I am proposing a uber weapon for this 4th faction to allow it to annhilate all enemies much easier.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Fatal Green
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-29 23:56   
Just slightly related to the Covenant weapons in Halo: Fall of Reach.
Though I wouldn't mind seeing something like the MAC guns, not the dinky gauss guns we have now...

Email Fatal Green
Max Kepler
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-01-30 00:37   
The fourth faction isn't going to be worked on in a long, long, long time so I understand.

Email Max Kepler   Goto the website of Max Kepler
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-30 01:16   
Quote:

On 2004-01-29 20:51, Cobra 1-1 wrote:
I am proposing a uber weapon for this 4th faction to allow it to annhilate all enemies much easier.

May i propose a uber Drive for me to run away from all enemies much easier?

Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Vice Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-01-30 04:22   
I have already did a Plams wepons already and EVERYONE shot it down as with my ships desings.

Two weeks™ Later and a new sig.

Email Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}   Goto the website of Linna Yamazaka {Vice Admiral}
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-01-30 10:33   
Quote:

On 2004-01-30 04:22, Lenna Yamazaka {ICC sobek} wrote:
I have already did a Plams wepons already and EVERYONE shot it down as with my ships desings.

Lenna, I feel your pain. But i was told that if I really wanted to help out I had to remember that my suggestions need to include a role that isnt being fullfilled by DS right now.

Ok take the plasma weapons for instance. He says that the Plasma torps are Acurate and Very Deadly. Ok this is a no brainer, hes suggesting that they have Uber torps that you can only run from.. Dont get me wrong id love to See a GIANT Borg Cube in the MV and have it Take a thousand ships to beat but.. what happens when i get Six of these torps and put em on my AC? people would Scream foul to no end.

If it is your True intention to make a DEV suggestion then you need to have it be realistic and think of every and i mean EVERY possible way it could go wrong and then onece YOU have hammerd out the Idea then post it. Just dont get discouraged because sometimes ideas just need a little more thought put into them.

Plasma weapons are a good idea but as i said a few sentences earlier they sound way to uber. maybe if they only had 20 torps per weapon and did twice the damage of a AM torp but with the speed of a Proton torp?
Personally id love to see anything new balanced or not.

Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-01-30 11:16   
MIR (Legion) is nothing new, the concept has been around for quite a while now. But as someone stated, that is a VERY LONG ways off from now. Concidering the work on the current patch has already taken over a year.

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-30 15:49   
The problem with a new faction is, everyone would run to play them and they would rule the MV...im thinkng a way to avouid this is to choose select players to use them...

and btw...

NO UBER WEPS!!!

-Switch
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

AdmiralChaos {FA}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-30 17:14   
Quote:

On 2004-01-30 15:49, _xSwitchBladex_-|-Bomber-|- wrote:
The problem with a new faction is, everyone would run to play them and they would rule the MV...im thinkng a way to avouid this is to choose select players to use them...

and btw...

NO UBER WEPS!!!

-Switch

That sounds like a good idea but it would be unfair to those who want to use the new faction too, there are some fleets that will stay the same faction no matter what and going on that team in like FA or something should satisfy people anyway

Honour is ALL!

Goto the website of AdmiralChaos {FA}
Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-30 17:17   
I thought there was something about the Legion not being a playable faction because it caused uber death to everyone?

[ This Message was edited by: USS Sovereign on 2004-01-30 17:17 ]

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2004-01-30 18:58   
correct

AFAIK Legion will not be playable by Players. However that means that they are (mostly) free of balance considerations concerning the Legion, and so Devs are free to overpower them.

AM Tech is Legion, so I expect them to have it or an enhanced version of it...

I believe that they will tie in partly to the new MV map. a "Badlands" area has been mentioned in connection with them.

Octurion
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-01-30 19:49   
This was my idea about plasma weapons.

It would be a canon type weapon mounted on dreads. It would fire a ball of plasma that would explode at the point it was aimed at doing damage to the area around it. Like how a flak canon works.

This would give dreads a weapon that is different and fit between Heavy beams and torpedoes (doing an amount of damage that would match this placement). It would also give them a way to fight destroyers and other fast ships as they wouldn’t have to hit them, just around them.

Lupino
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-30 21:36   
Hmpf, all the factions should be able to glass a planet, but then that defeats the purpose of bombing.... -_-

Maybe a new tech for the kluthies, they give up their AM tech for Plasma???

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022332 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR