No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fleet Command
 Author Fleet Command
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-01-25 14:57   
i know theres no ships or anything planned for the new ranks, but that a flagship sorta thing is being sort of considered, so i thought id add another idea to the pot.

fleet command would be a large space station, bigger then the current support stations. itd have an inf capacity of 40, but only a max sublight speed of 1gu, maybe less. it couldnt be put directly in the fray, but transports could be used to ferry inf from the station to a planet.
the human versions would have mostly fighters for defense, with a few light beams for PD and a small array of specials for scanners/eccm or whatever else. the kluth would get some disruptors and psi missiles on theirs, with a couple specials for ecm or anything else they want on it.

itd have 4-6 repair drone bays, making it excellent at quickly repairing/supplying a fleet of ships (kluth might get less because of their auto repair). with all the bays and inf it could fully restock a small fleet in the middle of a battle. the station could also be used for the wormhole tech thing thats been mentioned, or perhaps as a mobile shipyard (it could store resources in its hold for quite a few ships with 40 cargo slots)

a rank of Grand Admiral and the highest position in the influence system would be required to get this ship.

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-25 15:04   
wow, thats the best idea ive heard in awhile...i like the fact that it wont have uber amounts of weps and that its speed is sucky. this would actully seem a good balance to me...

VERY NICE LARK!

-Switch

[EDIT]
One idea i would like to add is in order to create a ship on board, you have to have permission by the pilot.

[ This Message was edited by: _xSwitchBladex_-|-Bomber-|- on 2004-01-25 15:05 ]
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Eleda
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-25 17:50   
hmm, as an extension of what switchblade said, if this giant station could function as a shipyard as well, the ships it being able to produce being based on the resources it carrys, then that would be VERY cool. Rather than grand admiral however i think it should be given to one of those dynamic limited ranks that Gid and F were talking about..to limit its use.

Email Eleda
Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-01-25 18:19   
wow lark thats the 2nd best idea i've heard since awhile

[edit] the 1st is to get this bug fixed (siggy)

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge *ICC Border Expansion* on 2004-01-25 18:20 ]

Tael
2nd Rear Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2004-01-26 01:56   
Actually I already covered for this roll a couple of months back. Once the new Fighter Command interface is finished, it will then be tweaked so there can be a simular Flag Command system on the command ships and stations.

The thought is only Fleet commanders/leaders will be permitted the Command Dread(have to have something special to signify them).

These ships would have a Command System interface, so that such as the fighter order and grouping screen, instead you would see the status of ships in your fleet, location, hull/armor, ammo status. And enable the leaders to set quick taskings and battle groups.

So the "leaders" can actually be leaders and direct battle manuevers.

This would remove the building and bombing functions from the current command dread and instead turn it into a real COMMAND ship.

Email Tael
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-26 14:42   
On a side note, we will not be adding more powerful ships that our current "top capitol ships" to the game whose selection will be based off of the presetege ranking system.

We have to draw the line somewhere, for everyone's good. The line is drawn here.

More powerful ships being added under the eventual influence ranking system is entirly possible, and well within our potential plans for the future. The upcoming influence rankings will limit the number of rewards present in game that are based on them by their very nature. This would then maintain the epic feel of a more powerful ship.

Email Gideon
Page created in 0.012335 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR