No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Server Crashes / Improvements...
 Author Server Crashes / Improvements...
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2001-10-26 10:00   
Fixed a bug in which a message box was displayed multiple times by the server. This was due to internal crash of the server code, which would normally cause the server to just restart. Instead, this internal crash would present the are you sure you want to restart over and over since it was handled by a windows timer. Additionally, I removed the code to catch an exception in the server code so that it will be displayed to the user of the server, hopefully this will allow us to track down any remaining crash bugs in the server code.

I've made some major changes to the internal server code that should improve the overall performance and number of clients that can be handled by a single machine. The server code will now create a thread for every 8 clients, before it would create a new thread for each new client, which was causing alot of task-switching overhead.

Fixed a bug which would happen when a beacon attached to a players ship enters the jumpgate. Basically, the beacon will stay in the jumpgate causing the collision code to be called repeately. I now disconnect all objects from the world when the hit the jumpgate.

Increased the time-limit on most scenerios to 2 hours.

Fixed the no-name bug for servers, this was happening because the connection to the meta-server was lost and the server was not disconnecting the client because of this.

Fixed the gadget damage direction. I disabled code that checks the direction from which a ship receives damage and causes damage to systems on that facing.

-Richard

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2001-10-26 10:08 ]

Goto the website of Faustus
Page created in 0.007926 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR