No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Nick Pickety Widgets!!
 Author Nick Pickety Widgets!!
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-23 23:12   
I'm go to nit pick. just some general ideas..

first off, see my thing in the green armor/shield circle i posted earlier in my other post.

second off, i think beam weapons should sweep across the ship instead of just hitting one spot. i mean if this was actualy happening that one part would melt off, but no real hull damage would occur. so it should sweep across the hull

Also, k'luth dessies remind me of Nebulon-B frigates from star Wars

big ends, little middle...which is a problem. i mean they way we pound the middle of the ship that little straight line area would crack open like a wallnut

Okay. reactive shields. evil. they "detect" projecticles. no. ehh. wrong. otherwise FF would whack the hull since it was friendly torps

Also. faction chat, is a good idea as long as an option is their to turn it off (been said before)

and finaly...we need ships that can detach and be two differnt ships. like split in half and transform!

(theme to transforms)

'A1Tyrael
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-24 01:22   
yes...

Hello Joe! ;)

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-24 05:23   
1. True, unless you consider explosive decompression to be a problem

2. It looks cooler like that, oh and SW sucks

3. Im guessing they track torpedoes on a collision course with the hull and block them, regardless of the color.

4. Best Idea EVER

5. No?

Goto the website of NoPants2win
Kemik
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-01-24 13:18   
*reading Pan'ts post*
".... ..... ..... , oh and SW suck!"

W00t! No we dont..... well i might a bit....

Goto the website of Kemik
JackSwift
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-01-24 13:40   
The Cheese has left Pants. The only hope for him is for me to go down to Redmond myself and make him realize how PB has no cheese.

\"Errare Human Est.\"

Email JackSwift
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-01-24 13:49   
lol kemik he ment Star wars

Fatterob, if english is your primary language, proof read a lil bit then post for some clarity in your ideas.
But if english is your 2nd or 3rd language Please dont take any offense to what i just said.

you right the Hit boxes need to be improved,

I also hate that heavy beam weapons track

Coalition
Cadet

Posted: 2004-02-17 07:03   
Quote:

On 2004-01-23 23:12, Fattierob (Press Spacebar Here) wrote:
and finaly...we need ships that can detach and be two differnt ships. like split in half and transform!

One problem with splitting. The area inside the ship, where it gets split apart has to be armored, or you get a massive weak spot. So that is either a weak spot when it splits, or a massive usage of internal space, which takes away from weaponry.

After that, shields get split between the ships. This makes shields easier to penetrate, as only 1/2 (1/3 or less) has to be penetrated to deal with damage. After that, you are taking out weapons.

Figure a BC vs scouts. The scouts have to hammer down all the shields, then can do damage. The BC hammers the shields of 1 scout at a time, taking out a weapon platform each time. If it destroys a scout, that side has to pay resources to replace. The BC can simply retreat if it chooses, and repair is easier.

Interesting idea though. I assume you are referring to multi-vector assault mode from Star Trek (the Prometheus)?

The key advantage that I can see, is splitting the ship up so the other guy has to reinforce all shields, not just one. So you split off part of the ship, and hammer down the weakened shield, doing internal damage.

(mutters comments about needing a shield rerouting autocommand for ICC, so weakened shields get strengthened automatically, or even routes more shield strength to shields under attack).

Page created in 0.020367 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR