No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Station Elation With Axianda
 Author Station Elation With Axianda
Ascension(Purge)
Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-18 15:37   
I think I speak for everyone when I say you have brought a new level or station elation. I personaly...umm...I DONT GETTA USE ONE!! *silent tears*
Ok now that Ive taken my medication lets continue.
Axianda has gratefully opened a *wormhole* of ideas and I wont deny that thanks to him I wouldnt have even considered talking about stations since I myself stink to bad to use them and am stuck as a first rear admiral (When I subscribe again Ill be one =) )
Well any-way now that I think about it the neccesity of multiple stations is enormouse but I am not going to go on about stations because thanks to Axianda that subject has sprouted many good and bad ideas in my head, so lets get right to it shall we?

Classes are not very equal and to emphasize the point look below:

Whatever scientist designed (Dreadnaughts) needs to go back to highschool. First of all the proportions of weapon to mass ratio are rediculouse. Take 15 scouts (Ranging classes) and you have a dread that weighs about 1/5 to 1/3 the original dread and has over three to six times its speed size ratio and everyone would start off with but the armor Jebus the armor is so little! Well the armor class ratio is ludicrouse and of course equiptment...so sad...so sad you can figure that ratio out urself.

(I'm sorry I may be totaly off I'll just say this now so I'm not so insulted my mommy has to hold my head as I cry "I just wanted a better Dark Space why cant they love me?!")

Lets say your got 15 scouts modified:
Unmodified/Modified
15 reactors/same
15 torps/same
45 energy cannons/60 energy cannons
30 eccm-ecm/60 eccm-ecm
15 sensor/60 sensor
15 beacons/60 beacons
15 light armor/15 heavy armor
15 mirv bombs/same

The proportion 15 recons should be equal to one Dread may be off a bit but you get the general Idea and its not just about dreads and recons the fact that proportionaly a recon only needs to fend off attacks and dreads are meant for massive seiges and attacks makes even less sence of the proportions. So either make the dread smaller and seem to be weak and pitiful like its attack to its size now or upgrade the armor factor the weapon factor and definately J-Drive recharge Why would any one ship have a slower J-Drive in hyperspace or wormholes mass is irrelevant and the energy to start the movement is also. Either a grain of sand or a universe all would take massive energy to "jump" regardless of mass. So here is my plea equalize all classes for their purpouses.
Dreads fight-more armor/offensive weapons
Recons scout-more anti sensor/sensor/speed
Transports transport-more armor/defensive weapons
etc...etc...etc...
BTW-If you dont change the speed of dreadnaughts say heck with it and dump their engines cause a little ship would get a little engine and a big ship would get a big engine same with weapons just increase factor by size.

Well now that everyones board and hates me so long.

Email Ascension(Purge)
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-01-18 15:50   
first of all thx luna * whipes tears away *.

First you gotta understand 2 things.

1. the wormhole idea IS NOT MINE... I heard gideon talk about it back then as a possible station drive and thought to include em straight away.

2. This post is from september 2003... currently a station from THAT post would get its behind seriously whooped by a dread/station that will appear in 1482.

as for the dreads being weak if you ask gid he'll agree on that 100% and then ask him for some specs on the UGTO Command Dread... the weakest dread ingame and believe me it gave me the chills...

- Axi

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-20 12:42   
Quote:
first of all thx luna * whipes tears away *.

First you gotta understand 2 things.

Shouldn't that be "Second you gotta..."?

Email Tbone
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-20 14:52   
All good points, Luna.

We have worked up new values for our ship systems, and we hope to test them soon. I believe that these new values will return some logic to relative ship strength. Some testing will be required, of course, in order to work bugs and oversights out of it.

A rework of the jumpdrive system is not slated for inclusion with v1.482, but if it proves pressing enough, we can always add it in there.

Email Gideon
DarkestVorlon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-26 04:43   
Quote:

On 2004-01-20 14:52, Gideon wrote:
All good points, Luna.

We have worked up new values for our ship systems, and we hope to test them soon. I believe that these new values will return some logic to relative ship strength. Some testing will be required, of course, in order to work bugs and oversights out of it.

A rework of the jumpdrive system is not slated for inclusion with v1.482, but if it proves pressing enough, we can always add it in there.

First:
Some logic will be a infinity times infinity times the 2 billionth powerx100 improvement over the current (bottom line, a destroyer should never have a chance against a dreadnought if it comes into range)

Second:
Add it
Would be nice to see stations havea true use other then speedcapping a system, since that is getting removed (as far as I know anyway) they will by and large be useless. Station in Darkspace = floating bullseye target. Atleast with a wormhole generator it will have some real use, plus being the only link back home, a fleet will protect thier station and keep it our of harms way, I.E. behind the front line.
Former Member of Agents.
Former Member of NX.
Founding and former member of KIGR.

Email DarkestVorlon
Dimorrow
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-01-26 06:35   
lol dudes u guys never stop talking about changing the ships in the next patch. they are very good ideas i cant deny, but however u guys also dont stop moaning about how long this patch is taking to come out, and with you guys keep suggesting about new ideas etc etc it will never come out lol

You just cant keep asking and asking for everything and then expect it all to just happen, give them a break man lol

Email Dimorrow
Dimorrow
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-01-26 06:41   
also u cant make this game anymore complicated than it actually is, its all ok you guys asking for mods that u can understand cos u thought them up. but all of your ideas will be confusing to new players and other ppl etc etc

everyday i keep seeing ppl suggesting new things and i think its just getting blown out of proportion

Email Dimorrow
Page created in 0.012194 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR