No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New stations (oh no another new stations post!!)
 Author New stations (oh no another new stations post!!)
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-01-17 13:38   
This kind of stuff has been sugested billions of times I'm sure, but I may as well put my two cents in as well. I'm not going to try and go into specifics, or even what factions should have what stations, just a few ideas.

Fighter Base Station
One of the most popular (and sensible) ideas people have had is a station who's purpose is to carry mass amounts of fighters (especially the yummy new 1482 fighters, hehe). Basically, it'd have good armor, mass fighter carrying/launching capacity and maybe the ability to manufacture them, perhaps with onboard resources (metals and heavy metals most likely). Weaponry would likely be limited to defensive weapons, like pulse beams/PD stuff, maybe some light missiles etc.

Battle Station
Obviously, lots of armor, bristling with [primarily long range] weapons, and some fighters, etc.

Base Station
Basically a mobile planet, minus the ability to make troops. Could act as a deep-space base for strike fleets, able to repair, and maybe refit ships with new weapons it could anufacture with onbord resources. Weapons would be defensive, armor light (for a station at least, would still be pretty dang heavy compared to most ships).

A few oddball things, if I think of anything else I can always edit it in

I am Not a happy camper.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-01-17 13:40 ]

Email Bobamelius
Victor Davion [TSLTB]
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-17 13:54   
nice suggestion
Fighter Station:people would have to bring the resources to the station giving more use for extractors
Base station:the people that want to refit there ships would have to buy the resources or mine them, again also giving the extractor more use if this came to be

9 x 6 = 42

Keja Dogo {C?} (Master windoo)
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-17 13:59   
All great sugestions

\"If you place a thing in the center of your life, that lacks the power to norish, it will eventually poison everything that you are, and destroy you. As simple a thing as an idea, or your perspective of your se

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-01-17 14:17   
/me points to his new station post

now thats a station post

still some new stations would be nice

- Axi

Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-01-17 16:58   
Quote:

On 2004-01-17 13:38, Bobamelius wrote:

Fighter Base Station
One of the most popular (and sensible) ideas people have had is a station who's purpose is to carry mass amounts of fighters (especially the yummy new 1482 fighters, hehe). Basically, it'd have good armor, mass fighter carrying/launching capacity and maybe the ability to manufacture them, perhaps with onboard resources (metals and heavy metals most likely). Weaponry would likely be limited to defensive weapons, like pulse beams/PD stuff, maybe some light missiles etc.

i like that idea .. very nice how bout 100 metal and 50 hvy metal per fighter?
Quote:

Battle Station
Obviously, lots of armor, bristling with [primarily long range] weapons, and some fighters, etc.

i dunno.... if it had like 2 ie drives then fine....

Quote:

Base Station
Basically a mobile planet, minus the ability to make troops. Could act as a deep-space base for strike fleets, able to repair, and maybe refit ships with new weapons it could anufacture with onbord resources. Weapons would be defensive, armor light (for a station at least, would still be pretty dang heavy compared to most ships).

AI controlled? doubt a hum0n would wanna drive it

Starduster
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-17 18:56   
Maybe the base station could be part of the new influence and Command structure being added to the rankings

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-01-17 23:02   
Maybe, maybe. I'm trying to keep ideas Very general because we don't know what they've already got planed for 1482 other then what they've told us, and they always have something more up their sleeves...

I am Not a happy camper.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-01-17 23:02 ]

Email Bobamelius
Page created in 0.014742 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR