Anniversaries

20th - Doubleugly
20th - NaNoBuM
19th - Gejaheline
19th - Srilthe00
15th - James 296
1st - Easten

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » eXS » » For us... TREKKIES
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author For us... TREKKIES
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-01-19 08:28   
Quote:

On 2004-01-18 14:44, Orion_Prime wrote:
And a ST mod of DS would be cool, and not too difficult. After all, just rename all the weapons and plug in new models and voila! right?

@ Orion, I asked Faustus one time in a post about this and what i basicly got from it was, The people who produce ST whould have to give there blessing in the form of a licence or something like that. And that sounds like a whole new can of worms.

Dont get me wrong m8, i want to see a ST: DS but we need to get more people support than just you or I, and maybe buy Faustus a licence. so if we could Find out how much a Licence would be that would be a good first step.

@ Bob, Thanks m8 i was hopeing someone out there in DS land had played it.

@ Lupino, lol have you everplayed StarWars Rebellion?

ive always like the D'derdex

anyone else have the STTNG custimizable Card game?

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-01-19 11:12   
Star Wars Rebellion is a good game, in my opinion. But it's one of those games that some people like and some people utterly despise.

I am Not a happy camper.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2004-01-19 11:12 ]

Email Bobamelius
Atom$k {PK}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-19 15:12   
Quote:

On 2004-01-18 23:17, Bobamelius wrote:
lol@Lupino

Oh yeah the Delta Flyer broke warp 10, the pilot mutated but he did break warp 10...

Actually, Lt. Paris didn't mutate because of the Delta Flyer's Transwarp (that is....warp 10 or above) Speed. D.F. did attain both transwarp AND slipstream due to the episode's plot (It happened so many times, I lost track )

What I think Bob meant was a previous episode (before the D.F. was even created) in which Paris mutated into some pasty subhuman form of.....goo. It was just a standard shuttle onboard Voyager that Paris modified using inspiration of an alien vessel. I think I read either a forum or an chat-interview sheet with the Rick Berman (producer) and how he stated this was an unintentional prelude to brining transwarp speeds into ST: Voyager.

All in all, I think both Armada games were good. The seconds did offer more ships but not much need for all of them. I could use many tactics from the first game without using any of the new ships. Course, there's always your occational Tactical Fusion Cube . But, neither game really sucked....The clans from ST:A2 ruined the game with their stupid...builds....ewww >.<

Yeah...I think I just turned geek for a second there >.> Oh well. Somebody'll probably erase my memor..........

Whoa...did everything just taste purple? O.o

[ This Message was edited by: Xin on 2004-01-19 15:14 ]

Once a Pirate, always -$|P-

Email Atom$k {PK}
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-01-19 15:19   
I loved rebellion but none of my friends ever played it or any other com games.. the only thing i can say is tha their deprived.

sometimes i wished i lived in a town where people were massively into Com games like they are with playstation. But alas lincoln NE .. small town in middle of nowhere...

The World Is Not Enough

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable [ WERE # DRUNK!] on 2004-01-19 15:32 ]

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-19 16:13   
Actually, Lt. Paris modified a Standard Shuttle with newly fund Dilithium Crystals capable of delivering enough energy to accelerate beyond warp 9.9 - nothing can fly faster than warp 10 (unless you use Slipstream or Transwarp Technology) since you at warp 10 can be everywhere at the same time.
After the test-flight he then mutated into a reptilian, not something pre-historic, but rather the next link of human evolution, and actually had a few kiddies with Janeway before they where found...

Myon

Email Valerius{DK}
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2004-01-20 08:48   

If you enjoy some good Pix of StarTrek Click here

Schakal*
Cadet
eXcellent Strategists

Posted: 2004-01-20 09:38   
Quote:

On 2004-01-19 16:13, Valerius{DK} wrote:
Actually, Lt. Paris modified a Standard Shuttle with newly fund Dilithium Crystals capable of delivering enough energy to accelerate beyond warp 9.9 - nothing can fly faster than warp 10 (unless you use Slipstream or Transwarp Technology) since you at warp 10 can be everywhere at the same time.
After the test-flight he then mutated into a reptilian, not something pre-historic, but rather the next link of human evolution, and actually had a few kiddies with Janeway before they where found...

Myon

I would say, Paris was the pilot and the shuttle was modified by the Voyager engeneering crew. And just BTW´, Voyager can even fly warp 9.975, Enterprise-E is a bit faster like 9.9925 somewhat..

Atom$k {PK}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-22 16:43   
Thanks for clearing that up, Val

Knew somebody else would remember....

Once a Pirate, always -$|P-

Email Atom$k {PK}
Trekkie_zero
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-22 18:55   
Wow this is intersting. Actually if I remember correctly after TOS they changed the scale for warp thats why the Enterprise was able to go above warp 16 one time. So in DS9 and all the shows after it(including Enterprise for some really odd reason I don't know why) had a new scale where warp 10 was infinite speed allowing a ship to traverse anywhere in the universe in an instant. The warp factors changed to a different scale that was exponential as opposed to to the original scale which was more like moving at different speeds of light also TNG had some kinda fusion of the scales. Its all in the encyclopedia of Star Trek for the most part, but I think thats what happened and Transwarp was different in Voyager from TNG for the Borg in TNG in TNG it was just plain old warp while in Voyager it was a slipstream which made it faster.

I also played Armada 1 and own it, I only played the demo for STA2 and decided it wasnt worth my time

Bridge Commander is cool but it uses an outdated engine like all the other ST games which is their major flaw thats why most ST games arent that great

SFC 2 was a great game and so was its predicessor but SFC3 wasnt worth playing it was basically STA2 turned SFC

Elite Force was a great game(with an old Quake engine other than that sweet which made it better in MP) EF2 wasnt as great it was like playing ST with a shotgun

Star Wars Rebellion I think came out before I really started playing comp games very much, but I did play it and it was pretty cool( I preffered their flight sim like ones more than any other Star Wars games especially Jedi Knight which is ok up to the point where you use guns which in my opinion sucks the only thing good about it is the lightsabers)

KOTOR is currently my favorite scifi game(save DS) its awesome getting to chooses if your dark and light and have all that other stuff its awesome

BF1942 another great probably the one I play the most and all the mods its got at least some of them like GC, DC, etc......

My federation favorites(TNG, DS9) was either the Defiant or the Streamrunner class (TOS) was the Federation class Dread (VGR) that wells class was awesome it looks so cool and has so much firepower if you read the blueprints(if you have a net link plz send it to me Ive only seen it in books) Also the Soverign and Prometheus classes those are awesome warships designed purely for warfare(only for the borg but came in handy in the Dominion war).

yay Ive said my peace any corrections feel free to tell me(gives me a chance to learn something new most likely or a chance to argue=).)

P.S. yay my longest post yet happy day

[ This Message was edited by: Trekkie_zero*1LT* on 2004-01-22 18:59 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.019105 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR