No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The patch
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author The patch
Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-01-14 01:48   
From the very first day I played DS there has only been 1 change to the game. which was the MV being added.Ever since it,s only been Faild fixes
and False/Lies (which ever you wish to call it) of new things to come.It,s been almost 14 months now since the last release of anything what soever. Why should I still half to pay for a game that hasnt changed for over a year now ??? Why Does the owner/Leadprogrammer not atleast
Keep us informed as to what is going on. Well I hope you Faustus. realizes you are riding on thin Ice and try to get to thicker Ice.Cuase at this point this games Days are numberd.

Email Beast
chris aka sunshine
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-14 02:12   
if you check the forum and/or the development log you will realize, that there's plenty information on what's going to change and why the patch got delayed again and again..

however, i see your point. 14 months are a damn long time, especially if you were used to weekly/monthly patches before..

Email chris aka sunshine   Goto the website of chris aka sunshine
Reason
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-14 02:32   
I totally disagree with you, there hasn't been failed patch after failed patch...

I am not going to sit here and spit out the same info over and over, you can go look at one of the 100 other threads for that...

I have been here far longer then most...I have seen this game barely get off the ground and struggle to compete with the `Big Boys` after getting dropped by BlueByte (Due to the Ubi-Soft buyout), and quite frankly, even in the state that it is right now, its a hell of a lot better then any of the other re-hashed crap out there on the market...

You can sit here and complain, or you can do what you are supposed to do with a game and play it. But, Perhaps instead of being negative all the time, you could do something constructive...there is already enough negativity in this world...

I will support this community, game, organization and staff til the day it is no more...and its time to move onto better things...but that day has not come yet. There is a bright future ahead of this game, as long as the community is here supporting it...

The Development team is doing our best to help out Faustus in any way we can, and there are just some things we can't help with. Faustus has a personal life aside from Darkspace just like every single one of us, but he is doing his best to continue to dedicate himself to this game and community.

- |2eason -

[ This Message was edited by: Reason on 2004-01-14 02:34 ]

Bigwolfe
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-14 02:39   
very well said, and i agree with Reason. I remember tring to play this game about two years ago and i couldn't. Cuz of my Video Card...which i gotta a 64MB one since then cuz i had a gasp! 2MB one....OH THE DIFFERENCE. WEll, after i got that two week coupon in my mail, i said what the heck, ain't got nothing better, well, as you see, i ended up sticking with it and subscribing, and i don't regret it one bit.

[ This Message was edited by: BW on 2004-01-14 02:40 ]

Email Bigwolfe
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-14 02:44   
A kitten dies everytime someone whines...You murderer...

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz Het BalzakSchraapsel! on 2004-01-14 02:48 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-01-14 03:35   
Quote:
I totally disagree with you, there hasn't been failed patch after failed patch...

you're right. there haven't been any patches.

it's a great game, but the service model of pay as you play in return for updates as you play just isn't working.

---------
btw, i've payed for longer than you have according to your "join date". not to mention the second account i maintained. i'm about $400.00 in, at this point, practically an investor.

[ This Message was edited by: 42 on 2004-01-14 03:40 ]
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-14 04:26   
nono boy, you dont pay to get updates.. you pay to play....

As long as this game is fun (and it is, even with those flaws) ill play it, patch or no patch.

and after all: better get one single working patch than 20 little ones, introducing numerous new bugs you need NEW patches for... and of course you get new bugs instead....

Darkspace is different. unlike role playing games Darkspace bases on active, player versus player combat.
Not selecting a target, hit "attack" button and klick some styles or stuff like that from time to time.

Since victory here is so Pilot-skill dependant you cant just add new stuff like weapons everyday.

Weapons most ppl find useless can turn into giant juggernauhgts of doom in the hand of other palyers.....
same with ships.....

so better few well thought additions than dozens of new things that get nerfed/beefed-up/nerfed back again etc.....

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-14 06:06   
Quote:

On 2004-01-14 02:32, Reason wrote:
[..]
its a hell of a lot better then any of the other re-hashed crap out there on the market...
[..]

and thats the whole point.

even if you dont like the game, noone forces you to play or pay for it.

there are many others that like it in its present form and dont whine about the development. and there are many others that know what (game) development means, and have heard F's vision of the game, and fully support him.

in a word, go home if you must. we wont blame you.

Dimorrow
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-01-14 07:05   
what you also have to think about is the fact that darkspace is quite a big game, and it would take along time to re-programme planets etc etc and weapons and the forvever amount of other stuff. And from my experience i know that just the slightest thing such as a point of fire on one ship can cause a massive problem that can take ages to fix.

So you gotta take you hat off to the team for ever managing to bring out a patch

FAO : as a cisqo engineer i know exactly how you feel lol

Ash

Email Dimorrow
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-14 11:31   
I've been here since... well since Public Beta(beta 4 I think)
Ok well I was also absent for 2 years because of school/nowork restriction.
and in a couple of months I will be 1 year since i've return. I was there when they instored the first MV(it was rather funny, ICC in Sirius, Uggies in Sol, and there was a gate betwen them...)

I know that presently F is recoding the game... and since he have to keep his home and feed his famely.... well you get the picture

Oh and Im studing to be a programer, and tuss I fully understand the time it takes to program something....

So I say: Faustus take your time, and just make sure there is no major bugs/prob...

I also hope I can find a job soon or I wont be able to play, if I cant pay the Sub and the Internet cost

stuck in Univercity limbo

Beast
Cadet
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2004-01-14 21:58   
Negative well..... thats a little harsh I think since the fact is everytime a patch was put out it made the game worse and more unstable. Hence the so called long awaited patch/update. DON't tell me I dont know what I,m talking about.Look at the latest news for instance . It,s 1 to 2 months old!!!!!!!! HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO That Doesnt say nothing to you you at all????????.Unlike most of you.I,m not going to sit here a Suck up/Brown nose big F.I,m going to let him know what alot of people are thinking why alot of the original Player base has left. When some one looks at this site they will see the dates of latest news and will generally think it might not be a very up to date game. the web interface itself is older then my grannies stockings.and the daily screen shots pffft some of those are 2 years old maybe older. sorry I,m not going to tell him everything is great when it,s not so great. Thats all I have to say on the matter.

[ This Message was edited by: The Beast on 2004-01-14 22:01 ]

Email Beast
jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2004-01-14 22:19   
This is a great game, don't get me wrong. But it seems like there may be a Catch-22:

Need a new patch and features to get old customers back and attract new, but can't afford to expedite development due to shrinking customer base.

In any event, whining or complaining doesn't do anything. Whether or not there SHOULD be a patch, the answer is YES there should be one. There are problems, and the creator's vision (Faustus) I don't not believe has been fulfilled yet.
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Hitman23
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-15 15:37   
I can understand where The Beast is coming from as I have definately felt the same from time to time. I think I have even made a post or two much like this one. I think it is mostly due to the fact that we feel we have been let down. For the longest time I thought Faustus had totally given up on this game (main reason why my shirt is now yellow) and it really pissed me off.

With that being said, why am I still here? This is a great game for one and it has to have one of the best communities I have ever been apart of. I am really not interested in the patch though, I am more interested in more players but without the patch the servers cannot handle more players, so I guess in a way I am waiting for the patch. Also we lose more and more players because the patch is not here. I guess I am at fault too as I shouldn't have stopped playing and tried to keep the MV populated but capping over and over without a fight became boring. If I wanted to just do that then I might as well still play EvE as the eye candy is better.

Anyways, try and have a bit of understanding with the upset customers like The Beast. We have been told "this Friday for sure" way too many times and now we just want to see some results. We all want to see the game survive but most are not willing to pay for promises.

[ This Message was edited by: Hitman23 on 2004-01-15 15:37 ]

Email Hitman23
Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-01-15 15:53   
friday for sure don't remember anyone eve say that

Hitman23
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-15 15:59   
Well then, you have never been to a meeting with Faustus. Just read the other posts by Faustus in this forum you will see threads made by him pushing things back to the weekend etc. Not here to debate or argue my point, was just offering my 2 cents.

Email Hitman23
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026593 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR