No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Some ideas...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Some ideas...
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-12 19:32   
NEW UGTO Weapons:

ION CANNON

1x Left mount
1x Right mount
2x Front mount

Fitted as standard on Battle Cruiser, in a new kind of slot (so it can't be modded)

First off this weapon does *major* damage to shields and *very* little damage to armor. It is good Against ICC shields...However, it does very little damage to ship systems, making it only good for taking out shields
This device sucks up gobs of energy, but the damage against shields are worth it

Flux Jumpdrive

Simple to understand, produces speed slightly slower then AMJ, slightly faster then Tach drive. Leaves a trail of flux behind it that disappears after a couple fo seconds, any ships in it suddenly find their ship systems at 50% (note: to prevent people from just jumping through people in battle, the ship must travel at least 20k gu. And that doesn't mean just clicking 20k away and doing a quick hop) a bit less then AMJ, but it has a slower recharge time then the AMJ, but faster then the Tach

Flux Engines

Same as Flux Drive, slightly slower then AMJ, slightly faster then IE. leaves
Flux trail like the FJD (every 10gu increase in speed leaves a 2 gu trail lasting for 3 or 4 seconds. Meaning a station can't do it either). Also, the trail is very thin, and the damage to systems is little, althought noticable (around 5-15%)

NEW K'luth weapons:

Improved Cloaking Tech

After the Encounter with Humans near Sirius, the k'luth soon realized a simple ECCM could disable their cloak entierly. The K'luth where not aware of this, since they never bothered to build ECCM, just ECM fort.....Thus, after many long seconds of research (gotta love that PSI tech), they finnaly invented a coak that could stand up to ECCM..however the protype still has a catch: The cloak takes up so much of the reactors energy the firing is IMPOSSIBLE. (however your power meter stays the same). Thus for one to fire you must UNCLOAK. Also, because of the shunting of energy, you cannot uncloak, fire, then recloak, as all the switching of the massive amounts of energy would make the ship suddenly blow up. (note: safety devices have been installed to prevent this)
(Cloak is standard on all ships, cloak makes sig -5)

Improved Nanorepair

Nanotechnology was a brilliant idea, allowing ships to repair faster. The new version is still in testing phases, but it IS workable (meaning it can be modded in the HULL slot, where the nanorepair is located). Improvements inculde a 100% increase (half the repair time as normal), and a bit stronger system Armor (meaning it can't get damaged so easily)....However, the drawback is the power drain, which is about twice the ammount of the regular Nanorepair. (note: i don't know of nanorepair sucks energy or not. if it doesn't, this kind of nanorepair SHOULD)

Cluster Bomb

The answer to the MIRV, the cluster bomb has the same ammount of damage as the MIRV. However, it had proven to be *very* weaker then the Bio Bomb against inf (which, btw, bio bombs can no longer bomb damage structures), because of the way the bomb explodes in mid air and rains bits of sharpnal on everything (it's VERY hard to get the pieces of sharpnal to land on the INF, thus making it not effectice in inf bombing)
Comes as half of the bombing material on all bomber craft (I.E. if ship now has 4 bio-bombs, it has 2 cluster's and 2 Bio's)

NEW ICC WEAPONS:

Fusion Cruise Missle (upgrade to the PCM, ICC tech ONLY)

Proton torps are strong, strap them to a Missle and you can nuke planets in seconds. Same idea for the FCM, except you get more 'splosion. Althought tests have concluded it is not stronger then the PCM for bombing, it is VERY stronger against ships. Because of the lightwieght Fusion matter in the missle, it's more mauneverable and faster then the PCM....

Drawbacks include longer reload time (if the missle is misset during launch, big boom in ship), And a powerdrain. Also, when the missle is launched, thier is a 5 seconds delay in it be armed, so you can't fire it at point blank range

(Replaces PCM on Missle dread, PCM on Bomber dessie, and PCM on Bomber dread)

Reactor 1550

The ICC, being the rather savy technolgical Rebels, improved the reactor 1500. This new version has more power then the reactor 1500, but it has the tendacy..to...go boom (meaning MAJOR hull damage) if it's system damage drops down to 40% or less. Mounted on Station as Norm

ANTI-ION shields

Since Shields are the mainstray of the ICC defense, the ICC have made Active shields the norm in all ships. Recent breakthroughs have allowed an even more powerful shields, which is immune to the ION cannons affects for a short time. However, it is only experimental and sucks up more energy then you can shake a stick at. Also, it is much weaker then the Active shields, but Actives are not immune to Ion's as much as the ANTI-ION is. Mounted on Station (full slot) Assault dread (front, Back slots),Missle dread (front slot) and Assault cruiser (Front, Back Slots)

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (Press Spacebar Here) on 2004-01-14 20:40 ]

=Shadow-Drakken= *SA-X*
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-12 19:36   
Dud great thinking how long did it take u 2 think of this?

(great idea im mean really great)

Goto the website of =Shadow-Drakken= *SA-X*
Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-01-12 19:51   
erm need more info

so far i no like all you did was add flux onto the word drive for ugto and erm bug beam...? but pfe goes a little less faster then ame just so you know

as for icc.. the gen seems a bit cool not mk 2

kluth dun really need it.. though its coo

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge =SG-1= on 2004-01-12 19:54 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-12 20:49   
Quote:

On 2004-01-12 19:51, Sarge =SG-1= wrote:
erm need more info

Everything is mosttly explain out, tell me more of what you need and i'll go into detail

Quote:

so far i no like all you did was add flux onto the word drive for ugto and erm bug beam...? but pfe goes a little less faster then ame just so you know

Yeah i did just add Flux. Mainly because, UGTO should revolve around flux, in my opinion, utalizing it's flux beam and flux wave along with it's flux engines.

Bug beam was lack of a name, althought i think the idea is good, k'luth needs some PD

Quote:

as for icc.. the gen seems a bit cool not mk 2

I agree, (after looking at it again)thats why i'm editing it out and addind something else in

Quote:

kluth dun really need it.. though its coo

K'luth is the most power drained faction. a differnt reactor would be nice, for their smaller craft

AdmiralChaos {FA}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-12 20:52   
These are all great Ideas, but do you really think they will do anything that someone besides the Dev team comes up with?

-Sigeh-

[ This Message was edited by: Domtar on 2004-01-12 20:53 ]

Honour is ALL!

Goto the website of AdmiralChaos {FA}
LordShinho {S}
Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-12 20:56   
yeah really tell me about it

Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-12 21:01   
Quote:

On 2004-01-12 19:32, Fattierob (Press Spacebar Here) wrote:
here are some ideas:

NEW UGTO Weapons:

ION CANNON

1x Left mount
1x Right mount
2x Front mount

Fitted as standard on Heavy Cruiser, in a new kind of slot (so it can't be modded)

First off this weapon does *major* damage to shields and *very* little damage to armor. It is good Against ICC shields...However, it does very little damage to ship systems, making it only good for taking out shields

Quite Useless and since when Uggies has Heavy Cruisers?
Quote:

Flux Jumpdrive

Simple to understand, produces speed slightly slower then AMJ, slightly faster then Tach drive

Useless since AMJ is better
Quote:

Flux Engines

Same as Flux Drive, slightly slower then AMJ, slightly faster then IE

Ummm I think you ment AMD but its still useless
Quote:

New K'luth Weapons

Reactor 1600

(standard on HIVE)

A bit more powerful then the Reactor 1500, the reactor 1600 produces more power then the 1500 (as the name implys)..however this power comes at a draw back- If the ship system is damaged to below 40% it goes critical and does *massive* damage to the ships hull and other systems

And then make the K'luth more powerfull that they are???????
Quote:

BUG BEAM

1x FULL mount

The k'luth, realizing that they severly lack Point Defense, have created a new weapon mounter on all ships from frigate up. This beam is based on the ICC Pulse beam, but acts like the Flux Beam from the UGTO side. It has the same recharge rate as the Pulse, but the ship damage of the Flux. This, of course, comes at a power drain the rivals the Cl 2000

BAD IDEA, i say NO flux on a K'luth ship Period.... but the idea of a pulse beam is useless because pulsebeams themselves will be useless after the next patch....

NEW ICC WEAPONS:
Quote:

Pulse Wave Mk II

This weapon is the new version of the ICC Pulse wave. The new changes are a Faster recharge time, and the abilty to automaticaly pulse when it detects more then 4 missles incoming. (this abiltiy CAN be turned off, like how PD is)

ummmm just useless, I sence Ubberness, AND auto functions that destroys the friendly missles:)
Quote:

Reactor 1550

The ICC, ticked off from getting their Pulse beam schematics stolen, went and got the Reactor 1600 plans. Being the ship-wise they are, they reduce the power a bit, and the tthreat of it blowinh up was greatly reduced (however, some tests have revield that if it drops to below 10%, it DOES blow up)..

ummmm still stupid... the Reactor 1550 is just fine... I dont see the nead for a new type of reactor...

Because I for one dont want to see Ubber ships/tech (since theres already an overpowered K'luth...)

Oh and if K'luth are powerDrained its because its a balance feature... they got cloak and powerfull beams.

oh and sorry if i sounded to harsh:)

[edit] Spell check

On this: Have a nice day
-Ceridan
===============================

[ This Message was edited by: Ceridan on 2004-01-12 21:05 ]

stuck in Univercity limbo

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-12 21:42   
Quote:

On 2004-01-12 21:01, Ceridan wrote:

Quite Useless and since when Uggies has Heavy Cruisers?

I meant he useless one nobody uses..i forgot what it's called Battle cruiser maybe?

Quote:

Uselesssince AMJ is better
Ummm I think you ment AMD but its still useless

No cross build tech
No cross build tech=no AMD (since it's from a luth colony)

Quote:

And then make the K'luth more powerfull that they are???????

*cough*ICC more powerful*cough*

Quote:

BAD IDEA, i say NO flux on a K'luth ship Period.... but the idea of a pulse beam is useless because pulsebeams themselves will be useless after the next patch....

It's a weaker Flux. not as strong as reuglar flux
It's not A pulse beam, just has a recharge rate of One

Quote:

ummmm just useless, I sence Ubberness, AND auto functions that destroys the friendly missles:)

I edidted that out, it WAS too uber. added something else

Quote:

ummmm still stupid... the Reactor 1550 is just fine... I dont see the nead for a new type of reactor...

More power=More 'splosions. this game suffers from the fact that a dread runs out of power and the cruiser it's attacking can kick it's arse. I find that dreads are *majorly* too weak, except the EAD which is a good example of a dread

Quote:

Because I for one dont want to see Ubber ships/tech (since theres already an overpowered K'luth...)

Overpowered in what way? unless i'm mistaken, in the patch a lot is going to get changed in how the cloak/fire/etc.

Quote:

Oh and if K'luth are powerDrained its because its a balance feature... they got cloak and powerfull beams.

Cloak sucks. one ECCM rips it wide open. it should take at least TWO to make it seen (and even flicking on and off at that)
Powerfull beams my foot. disruptors suck up tons of energy and do a considerable amount of damage less then the cl2k (which is why they are modded for that)

Quote:

oh and sorry if i sounded to harsh:)

Nah, you didn't

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-12 21:57   
Quote:

On 2004-01-12 20:52, Domtar wrote:
These are all great Ideas, but do you really think they will do anything that someone besides the Dev team comes up with?

We do in fact use suggestions from players, and have a history of doing so. Ask any of the players who have been around for a while, and they will agree.

Quickly, regarding the ideas: I do like that you kept in mind advantages and drawbacks for individual gadgets, but you also must keep in mind the strengths and weaknesses of the factions in general. K'luth are meant to be heavy hitting but have little staying power - this is done via a lack of energy, and high-drain devices. Giving them a reactor with more power than any other would be somewhat counterbalacing. Likewise, they are not supposed to excel in defense, and thus have no good PD device, and so giving them something that is not only quick-reloading but also damaging is also against their design.

The other ideas you had showed greater promise, in my mind, though they still might be unbalancing.

While I - and indeed all the Dev team - appreciates your ideas, and those of every other enthusiastic player, DS has already been majorly rehauled and redesigned. These changes will be seen in 1.482, and will affect the current gameplay a lot. However, since we aren't sure how it will all work out (due to lack of testing yet), its hard to determine what would make a good suggestion for the upcoming system. And, at the moment, we're really just waiting until 1.482 to come out before we look at adding more weapons and the like. After that, we should have a good idea how ships and factions balance vs. one another, and thus it will be easier to see how new ideas could fit in.

So I invite you to think of new concepts and ideas, but keep in mind that you will soon be playing an entirely different DarkSpace. That's not to say that you shouldn't post or suggest them now, just be aware that they may not apply well in the future. We will, however, run through the suggestions forum once the patch is out, and see if we can adapt any promising looking suggestions at that point. Otherwise, you can just keep those ideas somewhat fluid, and then see how you best think they would fit into the post-1.482 DS world.

Once again, thanks for your suggestions.

- Shigernafy

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-13 20:38   
Quote:

On 2004-01-12 21:57, Shigernafy Responded to this post!

It's alwalys good to hear feedback from the staff..

ah, and yes, i think after reading what you said and looking at the weakness of the k'luth (power-drained/lack of PD), i must agree. so afer writing this post i'm going to think of more ideas and post them (by editing the first post)...

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-14 01:15   
i dont like those flux trail ideas at all.

i do not like weapons you can't dodge and avoid, like flux waves for example. You cant dodge 2 ships that are tring to make you "fly through their trails".

That would be a real fun killer (except for UGTO) if your systems get destroyed when ever you encounter a ugto ship.

For system Damage damage there are already 2 powerful types of mines, The dreaded Flux wave, the feared Fluxcannons and the underestimated EMP gun.

In my opinion, that already enough Systems killer equipment.

And we also do not need a "shild kill" weapon.
Shilds are easily taken down anyway and most ICC dont even use em (mostly because they eat power. A LOT power. Power you want to use for your wepons...).

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-14 01:22   
Quote:
(note: i don't know of nanorepair sucks energy or not. if it doesn't, this kind of nanorepair SHOULD)

Currently, the auto-repair gadget requires no energy whatsoever, fyi.

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-14 20:28   
Quote:

On 2004-01-14 01:15, Daimen -Lamer-FluxUser- wrote:
i dont like those flux trail ideas at all.

i do not like weapons you can't dodge and avoid, like flux waves for example. You cant dodge 2 ships that are tring to make you "fly through their trails".

Flux Engines

Same as Flux Drive, slightly slower then AMJ, slightly faster then IE. leaves
Flux trail like the FJD (every 10gu increase in speed leaves a 2 gu trail lasting for 3 or 4 seconds. Meaning a station can't do it either)

Read that. unless their going 20gu or faster (most ships go around 15 to conserve power), then really you only have a *very* thin trail behind it. i mean, 3 or 4 seconds is NOTHING in combat, and unless you zigzag in and out of his way, it can't hurt you. Also, on this note i am updating the original idea after this post

Quote:

And we also do not need a "shild kill" weapon.
Shilds are easily taken down anyway and most ICC dont even use em (mostly because they eat power. A LOT power. Power you want to use for your wepons...).

Number one) no cross tech. meaning no armor. (NOTE: I notice some ICC craft have Armor. will this be true in in the future? also, if IT is, armor is way more powerful then shields. right now. sheidls are useless and i would like to see them on equal with armor.)
Number two) i don't use Actives ( i just mod them for armor, lile everybody else) So i don't know HOW much power they suck exactly, and if it needs tweaking in my opinion

Also let me do a comparsion

NOW THEN
Reactive = Active
Active= ANTI-ION

In terms of power drain. in ANY kind of shields tech, shields don't flick up the seconds they "sense" enemy attack coming towards them. They are up at all times, unless the ship has ordered them down

Also, this gets me onto a very long problem with current defense..

Okay first off the Shield Tech is a problem, which i posted above

Next is the way defense works.

Look at your armor stats ( '/' changes inbetween some options) If your flying ICC, shields DO look like that. It makes a little bubble around your ship. However, this presents a problem with ARMOR....

Since when does armor plating exten outside of your ship into space?
It should *literly* mold to the shape of your ship. not be extended out like shields

Another thing. right now, shields and armor defense (the little green circles) are placed WAY too far out. torps just nick the end of the green, and it's like the thing got a direct hit. It's just stupid

Suggestions:

Shields defence (as in the green circle) should be closer to the ship. or at least the abilty to move into differnt postions

Like let's say theirs three stages

first stage is close to your ship. you have less chance of getting hit, but ship systems have a chance of taking damage while the shield still has power (or strength. whatever the number means).

Second stage is in the middle. a bit farther out then stage one, your ship system have less of a chance to get hit

3rd is where the current shields are. NO chance of system damage, but you have the odd chance of something that should have MISSED, HIT...

so to quickly say it

Stage | Farness from ship | Ship system damage
1 | Molds to hull | Very likely
2 | A bit farther out, forms bubble around hull | Likely
3 | Way far out, definit bubble | None

Man that was a long post

There is no Passion; There is serenity
There is no Death; There is the Force

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (Press Spacebar Here) on 2004-01-14 21:22 ]

Bogangles
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-14 20:31   
umm so now uggies have ships that kill shields, and then they can flux systems:-( 1.2. Punch

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-14 21:20   
Quote:

On 2004-01-14 20:31, Bogangles wrote:
umm so now uggies have ships that kill shields, and then they can flux systems:-( 1.2. Punch

No they don't. ANTI-ION shields are MUCH mower resistince to ION then active's..but weaker against anything else (but not to the point where one torp disables it)...so it's a matter of strategy. woah. strategy. in DARKSPACE? maybe...

Flux system? Flux waves are going to be limited to one, and the flux drive/FJD are not going to have an affect much, i suggest reading what i wrote, since i update it when i need to clarify it more and such

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022603 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR