No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » something has to be done about repair/buildingsorder..
 Author something has to be done about repair/buildingsorder..
peanutbutter
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-11 08:57   
1. repairqueue:

many of u know from ur own experience it is an extreme hustle and distraction in a shootout to manage the priority of repairs of the shipsytems. usually most important is that jump/drives have the highest priority but......nooo the stupid code has it's own agenda and is pushing secondary systems in front of them. even if i find the right icons to click them back to top of the queue (it's hard to find them anyway) at least as kluth with autorepair or any other ship with reload it's like a bunch of 4 years kids having a party. everything is jumping around. so i have no other choice then to defend my ship OR (not AND) watching the repairscreen.

so i suggest to implement a code which makes it possible for the player to set priorities after he select the ship for repairs. shouldn't be that hard and it won't effect anything else. manually adjustment to special situations is still possible.

2. buildings on planets

as for now the energy/worker distribution depends on the order in which the buildings are created (which is unreal) = mines/domes/farms were created in the early phase and of cause defences at the final stage. in case of an attack when there is not enough energy/workers the defences are the first ones which are at least temporarly out of order. to scrab and rebuild to get the defences before those infrastructurebuildings is not a solution. pausing/unpausing requires too much attention as well.

therefore i suggest to make it possible to change the order similiar to the repairqueue as it is now = clicking buildings to the bottom or top.

[ This Message was edited by: peanutbutter on 2004-01-11 08:59 ]

Email peanutbutter
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-11 09:14   
Ive never had problems with my repair que jumpng around?
It simply fixes what i tell it to fix first, with a single click.

Perhaps youre doing something wrong

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Binks
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-11 10:18   
also, in the heat of battle you hsouldn't be using the f3 screen (which is what it sounds like you're using) jsut right click what you want to repair and hit repair now...always works for me (though not fast enough when under attack from a drread in a havy cruiser )