No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A change to the Grouping System
 Author A change to the Grouping System
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-03 09:41   
A change to the Grouping System

Group system changes
» The max members limit in group members should be raised from 8 to 10.
» “/group your message” (or “/g your message”) should send a message to all group members.
» Every group members should be assigned a number and should have a mission waypoint in your normal view screen.
If I’m member number 3 then I should have a Blue Selection box showing “(3) [PB]Barthezzz – Ship Class”
» The ship class will be divided simply into the type of ship, Scout, Cruiser, Dreadnought, etc. (Accept for the Interdictor, People flying Dictors should have “Interdictor” as their ship class.
» The Group leader should be able to set waypoints in space, by right clicking in the nav screen or something. He then gets a little text box that he can type a name into like, Gather Point, Enemy Fleet, Target 1, etc. these waypoints will only be visible by Squad members.

Prestige
I would like to suggest a different system for splitting up group prestige;
100% of the Prestige they gained themselves.
5% of the Prestige every other member in the group gains.

With 10 group members max people would be able to gain 150% of what they gained normally

Dictors
Interdictor class ships should have a slightly different system;
10% of the Prestige every other member in the group gains.

With 9 other normal ships in the group the dicter would be able to gain 190% Prestige.
BUT I know this seems a lot but a dicter really doesn’t make any prestige, they can’t really fight and they get nothing for doctoring enemies.
This would allow dictors to gain +/- as much as the rest of the group.

Note: You will not lose anything of you what you gain yourself with this system, the group members simply get it copied off you.

Comments/Suggestions?

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz the Pulsating Sponge Monkey on 2004-01-03 09:42 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Antdizzle

Posted: 2004-01-03 09:59   

AdmiralChaos {FA}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-03 10:29   
Thats a great idea, id love to see that happen

Honour is ALL!

Goto the website of AdmiralChaos {FA}
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2004-01-03 12:13   
i have another suggestion for grouping that adds into this:

there should be 2 classifcations of groups: command group and prestige group (or some other sci-fi-ish name, assault group i guess)

command group: groups formed by the leaders of assault groups, prestige is NOT shared by anyone in this group, however it allows the commanders of all the groups to have discussions and plan their attack, strategies, etc. command groups could assign primary objective markers on the map (much like barth suggested) that would be visible only to the members of the command group. the command group would have a max of 12 people.

assault group: groups formed by the fleets general players. the creator of the group is automatically its commander, but can switch places with another player if need be. the commander can place secondary objective markers on the nav map that are visible only to his group.

example: command group decides it wants to attack 2 planets at once to spread the enemies fleet apart, the command group assigns primary objective markers to the 2 planets in question and a fleet rally point for repairs.

the commander of the supply group assigns a rally objective in the same space as the fleet rally point to move the supply ships there.

the commanders of the 2 strike teams allocate positions for their artillery ships, the approach of their assault fleet, and the approach of their landing fleet with various objective markers. the coordinated attack commences with the fleet knowing exactly where theyre needed and what to do.

you could also add timers to objective markers and make it so a ship could *link* with them, a ship would select an objective marker and hit the L key to link to it, when the timer on the objective hits 0 the ship would initate jump to it, thereby creating a way for a fleet to perfectly time the arrival of its various ships.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-01-03 12:30   
ADD-ON

Pls include the various "groups" in the starmap.

this will allow ppl that have been given command to give orders to ppl much faster.

Giving an order to a group icon will mean ALL members in that group get THAT order.

this will make a great addition to the tactic area.

- Axi

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-01-03 15:01   
Quote:

On 2004-01-03 09:41, Barthezzz the Am Mining Sponge Monkey! wrote:
Dictors
Interdictor class ships should have a slightly different system;
10% of the Prestige every other member in the group gains.

With 9 other normal ships in the group the dicter would be able to gain 190% Prestige.
BUT I know this seems a lot but a dicter really doesn’t make any prestige, they can’t really fight and they get nothing for doctoring enemies.
This would allow dictors to gain +/- as much as the rest of the group.

~I'd most definitely support that. An interdictor, in my opinion, is probably the most valuable thing in a fleet next to a station (except more people try to protect the station over the interdictor because it takes up more prestige and it can repair you if you're hurt. Pffft). Providing that no enemy gets lucky and manages to make it through a dictor due to lag and actually stay there, the disruptor can stop anything---scouts to stations. Yet, it's guaranteed that it probably won't make much prestige... IT Missles and two lasers don't do well.

~Of course, there's the Piercer with all its uberness, but I think the thing should be toned down.

~Nice job.

Goto the website of Grimith
Page created in 0.010304 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR