No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » UGTO reply to Ambush Mode
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author UGTO reply to Ambush Mode
Max Kepler
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-12-31 15:40   
I figure that the enemy ships should probably fire, as it would help the confusion/fear effect that the thing generates. As for having the ships moving around... okay, I can see that, but it begins to lose its effect. Perhaps if the ships stayed in the exact same course/speed of you, then it might work -- that way, the enemy can somewhat predict your moves, but you and your fleet can adapt the thing so _you_ know how things work too.
I would like to see the fakes die when hit -- I suppose splash wouldn't have to effect it. The general idea is that a SINGLE ship using it can have a slight advantage, but when you've got 4+ people using it, the mass confusion would drive the enemy out of the area

No, this post isn't some attempt for balance... I'm not digging myself into that hole... the idea was just to add a little jaz to Darkspace.

Email Max Kepler   Goto the website of Max Kepler
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-31 22:47   
Quote:

On 2003-12-27 19:31, Patryn wrote:
Quite amazing actually that the reverse of Entropy happens in this Thread.

What actually amazes me is the fact as one simple idea has now grown into something utterly ridiculous.

Icc was looking for something to balance the scales between the 3 factions, since we Kluth have the cloak, and UGTO has the ever annoying Flux. But it never seems like peeps are satisfied with what they have so generously been given to enjoy this game.

Always the point is lost.

agreed, you guys beed to understand that if one faction is given one thing to balance it out with the others, it doesnt mean that you should all of a sudden think that the other factions require something to make them uber

-Switch
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Max Kepler
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-12-31 23:48   
Quote:

On 2003-12-31 22:47, _xSwitchBladex_-|-Bomb Instructor-|- wrote:
Quote:

What actually amazes me is the fact as one simple idea has now grown into something utterly ridiculous.

Icc was looking for something to balance the scales between the 3 factions, since we Kluth have the cloak, and UGTO has the ever annoying Flux. But it never seems like peeps are satisfied with what they have so generously been given to enjoy this game.

agreed, you guys beed to understand that if one faction is given one thing to balance it out with the others, it doesnt mean that you should all of a sudden think that the other factions require something to make them uber

-Switch

Okay, sorry for wanting to expand the game. I just thought the suggestion forum was here so I could make some ideas that might better the game. My bad....

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2004-01-01 01:44   
Could you imagine that thing on stations? *Enemy ICC scout pops in, sees about 20 UGTO stations... hehe

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-01-01 02:37   
~I like the idea, and it's a pretty nice suggestion, Max.

~My idea is that it shouldn't actually go for all three factions, though... definitely one and maybe two, but.... having it for all three? That would completely take the fun and usage out of it unless it was just limited to small ships like scouts and frigates. If all three factions would have it, it'd just make fighting more confusing and could possibly lag up the game.

~Granted, it would apply the strategy to everything, but we've gotta be kinda realistic in terms of what the servers can do.

~But, in any case, nice look at it, Max.

Goto the website of Grimith
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-01 02:51   
Quote:

Ah, but therein lies your flaw. This isn't the "balance," as you put it, to flux. There is already something like that, called the Pulse Wave. It makes capturing planets, especially unguarded clusters, quite simple, believe you me. The K'luth balance to the flux is the ELF beam. While these devices may not be balanced in the way you would prefer them to be, they actually are answers to each other.

These suggesstions, both for UGTO and ICC, seem to be more likely answers/balances to the K'luth cloak. However, I, for one, don't WANT an answer to balance out the cloak in other factions, in terms of a new device. I just want a way to eventually disable the cloaking field without severly limiting the usefulness of the cloak itself.

Don't go off on a tangent by claiming that suggestions to a suggestion will somehow ruin the original idea. You can't give one faction that borders very, very closely to a technology of another faction and expect the third faction to take it lying down.

Email Tbone
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2004-01-01 05:25   
I certainly like the idea of a holo-projector device. It could do with some modifications though:-

Instead of draining energy directly from the ship it could use it's own slot which would only allow you to deploy 1 decoy at a time but with possibly 2 ammo.
The decoy would effectively be a modified fighter type drone, but with a holofield projector and reactor built into it. When you launch this device it is active for 3 mins or until it is destroyed by enemy beam weapons or self detructed by yourself - whichever comes first. If it just runs out of power it returns to your ship to get recharged. It's hitpoints would be very simillar to one of the new fighters. As an added extra you can also assign it the same commands as a fighter although its default setting will be to follow you.

The decoy would NOT have any of its own weapons or project any weapons fire.

Goto the website of Drafell
worstnightmare {seraphim}
Cadet

Posted: 2004-01-01 07:59   
just a little point here but for the ship to have holo projectors, it would need shield tech so this would have to be an icc technology (if we are gonna be consistant) and weapons fire would technically destroy the image requiring it to be re established from scratch as the shield would be breached and the photons would be freed there would be a bright flash then the fake ship would be gone

just my thoughts
http://www.darkspace.net/profile.htm?lang=en&sid=867791861

Email worstnightmare {seraphim}
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2004-01-01 10:07   
Why would it need shield tech? If you were using a drone to project the image then it would vent gas plasma and use a phased laser array to draw the ship it is cloning in the plasma cloud whilst emmitting fake power signature to fool enemy sensors (or some other dodgy startrek-esqe explanatation involving inverting the deflector array and and bombarding the area with a reverse polarised tachyon field and dropping microholo cells containing old earth anime)

Maybe I have been thinking about this a little too long...

Goto the website of Drafell
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-01 15:55   
Just because they need shield technology in Star Trek doesn't mean we need it here you know. We can create 3D images at the moment. Maybe not holograms a la Star Trek, but 3D none the less.

Fleet Admiral Tbone
Commander of the NSS Red Lobster

[ This Message was edited by: Tbone [NSS Pandora's Box] on 2004-01-01 15:56 ]

Email Tbone
Max Kepler
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2004-01-01 20:25   
Quote:

On 2004-01-01 05:25, Drafell wrote:

The decoy would effectively be a modified fighter type drone, but with a holofield projector and reactor built into it. When you launch this device it is active for 3 mins or until it is destroyed by enemy beam weapons or self detructed by yourself - whichever comes first. If it just runs out of power it returns to your ship to get recharged.

I had actually changed my original idea before I posted it, because I want the fakes to have an effect against cloaked ships. If a cloaked ship sneaks up, and all of the fakes and the original are stopped, not moving, no visible difference between them, then the K'luth can't accurately fire off an alpha against the real ship.

The problem with a timer is that a K'luth can just wait there that extra 3 minutes until the fakes return to their original ship. The K'luth can then pinpoint the original ship, and hit it -- destroying the entire effect of the fakes.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.018890 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR