No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ICC Ambush mode [Updated 26/12/2003]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author ICC Ambush mode [Updated 26/12/2003]
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-26 11:10   
Yeah i know but whats the use of taking a pulse sensor or just a ECCM?

i mean ECCM works all the time

- Axi

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-26 11:55   
Read the suggestion, ECCM wont affect ships using this field

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-27 08:29   
i think it should get blown up (yes like never comes back unless you buy a new one) and price tag = -----?

[edit] it = SIF device

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge -|-Elite Bomber-|- on 2003-12-27 08:33 ]

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-27 08:46   
Price tag would be pretty "High".
Somewhere around 40.000.

I know that doesnt sound very high at the moment but thats just because the Mission system sucks and gives way to many credits

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-27 12:49   
I personally think the Idea is beautiful... If anyone remembers playing a game called Dark Reign, they will remember that there was soemthuing very similar called phasing technology... It was loads of fun... seing as the side that used it sucked in every other aspect, I thought it was the coolest thing in the whole game... ICC are rebels, their ships are older, their technology is jerry rigged, their weapons use weaker and older tech, and for the most part their ships are supposed to be completely improvised... Unfortunately this is not so...

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-27 20:13   
I must say, i have never seen an idea more to my liking then this one... although some out there seem to think that everything is unbalanced cuz everyone has something uber and only a few ppl in each faction knows how to make them uber...

So stop whining about unbalanced stuff, cuz this game is not going to evolve unless something is unbalanced. Progress => Change (Progress=Uberness. Change=Outbalancing Uberness)

This will also, as stated so many times, improve the way the ICC fight, to comply with there history. They are rebels, so they need to fight like rebels. Rebels fight defensively, and they only fight in large groups when absolutely needed, mostly its small-groups tactics with ambushes, hence a GREAT idea Barth

Myon

Email Valerius{DK}
Hawk™
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-27 20:23   
That is a gre...no,horrible idea.

Email Hawk™
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-27 21:04   
Interesting...this sounds more like a pirate device than ICC...after all they are rebles not at nation with full abilities...ICC should have some thing though..but this very sick K'luth can't think of what...needs to be cheap...maybe hybrid tech...or something found in deap space left by another ailien race...HAY..I like that..ok..maybe they can have this shield inversion thingy!!!

Email Daylight \
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-28 05:13   
Quote:

On 2003-12-27 20:23, Hawk{C?} wrote:
That is a gre...no,horrible idea.

Really and why is that? Because you cant think of anything yourself? or Just because you don’t like me?

If you don’t have anything useful to post in a discussion forum then don’t post at all...

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz on 2003-12-28 05:13 ]

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-31 13:01   
1 - DarkSpace gameplay design functions off of the concept of distinct roles for each faction. Yes, our current game misses this, however, since you are opening the discussion towards future changes, then our plans to drag the game back towards this goal apply. Adding a stealth function to a faction outside of our "stealth faction" is counter productive to this concept.

2 - This device adds stealth to a faction who's niche is to be the "tank faction" (lots of HP). Doubling up faction purpose like this would sabotage efforts to balance factions between each other. Sure, you can't do anything while it's on, but that's little consolation in this age of every weapon being full mount. Everyone who supports this, stop and think. You jump to a planet. When you get in the interdictor field by about 300-500 gu, the five Assault Cruisers hit "shift-s", turning on thier sheilds, while instantly deactivating the cloaking device. They then proceed to mash the hell out of their spacebars torping you and your fleet into oblivion. Do you really think it's in our best interests to do this to the player community?

3 - Your technical description of the device (yes I know the K'Luth have no technical description of their cloakign device, but I hate the concept of a cloaking device like we have reguardless) would require it to function as a double blind device. You are completely undetectable, but you have no way to detect anything, or even communicate with other ships. In that case, hell, I'll let you go full speed, jump, and fire your weapons while cloaked. You want to fly blind, then go for it.

Anyways, the meat of this reply is: Why is it in our best interests to add a stealth option to a non-stealth faction? Instead, players who wish to stealth should play the stealth faction. If the stealth faction's stealth abilities doesn't work correctly, then that issue needs to be addressed. Diluting the distinctness between the factions (even in a relativly small way) does not help resolve this. The ICC and UGTO already have limited stealth capabilities through ECM. If this does not function correctly, then that issue should be addressed directly, not danced around by adding yet another device which will further complicate the situation.

Because of this, I say: HELL NO!!!

Email Gideon
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.016294 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR