No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ICC Ambush mode [Updated 26/12/2003]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author ICC Ambush mode [Updated 26/12/2003]
McSwindle
Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-25 15:49   
Quote:

On 2003-12-24 08:48, Barthezzz wrote:
This would the ICC to hide their ships near gates or Planets and would allow them to Rebel like Ambushes, seeing as they are rebels and all.

Don't You Mean Ambush Like Rebels????

Email McSwindle
Jar Jar Binks
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-25 15:50   
Quote:

Btw what does giving -100k mean…?

lol... i think hes trying to rate the subject...

its not working but he tries

$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-25 16:52   
yeah lets make the game even more unbalanced

Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-12-25 18:10   
Defne Balance and Unbalance...

seems like everyone hates a "New" creativity suggestion that favors one faction.

And seems like alot of Suggestion sounds "Uber" One man fleet type.

And lets see you Come up with something creative and effective. More to speak, how about suggesting some weapons for Weapon slots?

You plenty well know some people will like this and hate that. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. As game will never meet most people's demand but instead, created enough to make up for the low factors you deemed unfit. I would ask why are you still here? If things are so unblanced and all, Why are you still here?

Oh by the way, Nice idea! I cant wait to read the UGTO version of this idea. Not too Realistic and not too Unrealistic.

Email Thrie
=Shadow-Drakken= *SA-X*
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-25 18:38   
ITS A VERY KOOL IDEA I LIKE IT ALOT!

Goto the website of =Shadow-Drakken= *SA-X*
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-12-25 22:08   
Sounds good except just another 'reason' for ICC to whine about Flux.

I am Not a happy camper.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-12-25 22:09 ]

Email Bobamelius
Raiders
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-26 00:50   
I do think its a good idea. I also think UGTO and Kluth need a balancing er...skill. Perhaps an armor bonus for groups of uggys and a damage bonus to groups of kluth? I think that if those bonuses are given a limited circle of effectivness they would balance out with your idea.

Death is just the first step along an unknown path

Email Raiders
Strategery
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-12-26 01:11   
I like it, very creative. Yet, the only way to keep some sort of "realistic balance" in game would be for the UGTO in the very least to have something similar. Heck, even though k'luth already have a cloak, they need something as well. Personally, this seems like a technology most inclinded towards pirating, so if Pirates are truly introduced to the game, it would be a great rogue tech for them to have, and then maybe the factions can mod it to their individual ships.

This coming from an ICC player that has NEVER publically complained about flux. As proposed this system would only be effected by a flux wave within 200 or 250gu....no a large region of space at all, thats only a 500gu diameter in any direction. I think that's quite balanced in itself.

Just one idiots opinion anyway

[S.W] Grand Admiral Strategery
ICC Master Battle Strategist (ret.)
Proud Commander of the C.S.S. Ticonderoga

Email Strategery
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-26 03:58   
i think we shoudl get DS stable first IMO so that plant like childeren can play without interputtion, what i have heard so far was that DS is goingt o change BIG time, after things get settled with being able not to lag to death

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-26 04:10   
Stop trying to turn DS into C&C Generals

Email Tbone
worstnightmare {seraphim}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-26 06:41   
ok, i wrote this then wanted to add a signature so i lost it ill try to re write it.....

1. can we call it an "LDF or Light diffusion field" because thats what is happening, the ICC ship creates a large gravametric distortion (to coin a trek term) which literally bends the light around the ship because if it absorbed all the light, you would just get a black hole effect

2. We could balance the ugto's with a "sensor ping" 2 eccm and a scanner are required to generate a sensor ping which destroyes the scanner system but shows up whether any ICC are in 500gu of you.

3. the k'luth cloak needs to hide the trail aswell. you can manually target and manually detonate torpedoes to get them otherwise

4. there could be a shutdown/startup period of about 5 seconds where neither the systems or the LDF are in effect and there is a message similar to the jumping message "LDF initialising 5 seconds to initialisation" or "deactivating LDF 5 seconds until system restart"

ok, this wasn't as much as id written before but it gets the points across

also, we could if this isn't enough have a kind of bubble effect around the icc ship because the gravametric distortion is distorting the rest of the light so you could sort of work out they were there IF you have a sharp eye and they are against a planet or something else with alot of light (it would be difficult to see it against stars)

right, problem solved (i want this tech soooo baaad even tho im ugto, it would make for interesting hunts) i think im gonna work on thjis for A-level physics and try to make one that would be cool
http://www.darkspace.net/profile.htm?lang=en&sid=867791861

Email worstnightmare {seraphim}
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-26 09:46   
Quote:

On 2003-12-25 15:49, The Great McSwindle wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-12-24 08:48, Barthezzz wrote:
This would the ICC to hide their ships near gates or Planets and would allow them to Rebel like Ambushes, seeing as they are rebels and all.

Don't You Mean Ambush Like Rebels????

To Do Rebel Like Ambushes
Typo my bad

Quote:

On 2003-12-25 16:52, Swiss for VP wrote:
Yeah lets make the game even more unbalanced

Isn’t it Strange how the balance seems to shift every few weeks without an update?
The game is the same yet the balance changes, oh wait! It’s the number players that form the balance not the game…

Quote:

On 2003-12-25 18:10, Thrie The Tiger {IMC} wrote:
Define Balance and Unbalance...

Seems like everyone hates a "New" creativity suggestion that favors one faction.
And seems like a lot of Suggestion sounds "Uber" One man fleet type.
And lets see you Come up with something creative and effective. More to speak, how about suggesting some weapons for Weapon slots?
You plenty well know some people will like this and hate that. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. As game will never meet most people's demand but instead, created enough to make up for the low factors you deemed unfit. I would ask why are you still here? If things are so unbalanced and all, Why are you still here?

Oh by the way, Nice idea! I cant wait to read the UGTO version of this idea. Not too Realistic and not too Unrealistic.

Word!

Quote:

On 2003-12-25 22:08, Bobamelius wrote:
Sounds good except just another 'reason' for ICC to whine about Flux.

People will whine about flux anyway, or Ac’s or Cl2ks, or Am Mines, or Psi Missiles, or Larvae’s or anything else that blew up their ship while they where being morons…

My point; whiners suck and have no right to speak
Quote:

On 2003-12-26 00:50, Raiders wrote:
I do think its a good idea. I also think UGTO and Kluth need a balancing er...skill. Perhaps an armor bonus for groups of uggys and a damage bonus to groups of kluth? I think that if those bonuses are given a limited circle of effectiveness they would balance out with your idea.

I don’t like the group bonus idea seeing as a group of ships simply being together wouldn’t really affect the ships. (Unless their drives are forming Gravimetric fields that cause the ships to be pulled closer until they eventually collide, which would suck )
Don’t have anything better to suggest atm though, still working on it

Quote:

On 2003-12-26 01:11, -=~NubMarine~=- wrote:
Personally, this seems like a technology most inclined towards pirating, so if Pirates are truly introduced to the game, it would be a great rogue tech for them to have, and then maybe the factions can mod it to their individual ships.

Well the ICC kinda are the pirates, hopefully once the Economic and Political system will be activated they might actually be able to move closer towards this role.
UGTO would be the big bad empire fighting of the alien invasion and the ICC would be the rebellion following the UGTO around, attacking and capturing UGTO Transports and Poorly Defended Outposts.

Would be cool methinks
Quote:

On 2003-12-26 06:41, worstnightmare {Mercenary for hire} wrote:
Ok, I wrote this then wanted to add a signature so i lost it ill try to re write it.....

1. Can we call it an "LDF or Light diffusion field" because that’s what is happening, the ICC ship creates a large gravimetric distortion (to coin a trek term) which literally bends the light around the ship because if it absorbed all the light, you would just get a black hole effect.

Well fine by me, I really don’t care what it will be called
The shield of course does absorb the light, you cant run in any generators inside the field so the field simply absorbs the light and uses it to power the field.
That way you do not have to worry about running out of power

Quote:

2. We could balance the ugto's with a "sensor ping" 2 eccm and a scanner are required to generate a sensor ping which destroys the scanner system but shows up whether any ICC are in 500gu of you.

I’ve updated my original post with some different stuff about Scanners and how they would work with the field.

Quote:

3. The k'luth cloak needs to hide the trail as well. You can manually target and manually detonate torpedoes to get them otherwise

Kluth cloak does hide the ships trail doesn’t it? :/

Quote:

4. There could be a shutdown/startup period of about 5 seconds where neither the systems or the LDF are in effect and there is a message similar to the jumping message "LDF initializing 5 seconds to initialization" or "deactivating LDF 5 seconds until system restart"

No, You have to manually restart all your systems. This can be done within 5 seconds but your fields will fall apart as soon as the first system goes online.
Not to mention turning off your drives/Gens will causes your energy level to drop slowly..

Quote:

also, we could if this isn't enough have a kind of bubble effect around the icc ship because the gravimetric distortion is distorting the rest of the light so you could sort of work out they were there IF you have a sharp eye and they are against a planet or something else with alot of light (it would be difficult to see it against stars)

Kinda like the Predator Effect in AvP when Preds move, sounds good to me

Updated my original post btw

EDIT: Typo/Sig

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz on 2003-12-26 09:51 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-26 09:51   
nice update

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-26 10:03   
Like the Sensor Pulse idea...

would be a nice addone but dont you think 3 points is a bit low for 1 device?

- Axi

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-26 10:06   
Well 3 Points is the same as the ECM/ECCM.
This would allow Kluth to recloak and cover themselves up using ECM

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028283 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR