No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ICC Ambush mode [Updated 26/12/2003]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author ICC Ambush mode [Updated 26/12/2003]
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-24 08:48   
A cool and perhaps useful tactical addition for the ICC would be The Ambush mode for their ships.
Basically ICC ships would be able to cloak their ship, allowing them to become “one” with their “background”.
This would the ICC to hide their ships near gates or Planets and would allow them to do Rebel like Ambushes, seeing as they are rebels and all.

Of course, we don’t want ICC flying around with a cloak seeing as that’s the Kluths job.

A new weapon should be added for the ICC called a Shield Inversion Field. (SIF) (Something like that)
It would be mounted in a special slot.

The SIF can be activated when an ICC ship is not moving, has its drives and generators turned off and has disabled its shields. (ICC ships without shields cannot use this weapon)
What the SIF then does it replaces your normal shield with a shield that absorbs light.
This would make your ship fully transparent.
The SIF Does NOT use up any of your ships energy, it has its own special power cell seeing as you’ll need to shut down your generators and drives in order to run it.

Moving, Rotating, shooting, Activating Drives/Generators or turning your normal shields on would destroy the field and make your ship fully visible again.

Update 26/12/2003
Scanners/ECM/ECCM will have no effect on ICC ships using this field.
Ships using the SIF field simply won’t appear on sensors no matter what.

There are of course a few ways to destroy the fields;
1: Splash Damage: Like posted above all fields have about “1” hit point, even P cannon Splash damage will kill the fields
2: Sensor Pulse: The Sensor Pulse works like the ICC Pulse wave, it’s a 175 GU wide pulse that:
- Disrupts all SIF Fields Making all ICC ships visible.
- Turns all Kluth Cloaks off making all Kluth ships visible but Kluth simply have to reactivate their cloak by hitting “k”.
- Raises all ships Signatures within 175 gu with 3 points for 60 seconds.
The sensor pulse is a new weapon and fits in a special slot.
It uses up the same amount of energy as the Pulse shield but has a 60 seconds recharge cycle.
ICC and UGTO would simply call it a Sensor Pulse or something and Kluth would call it something like a PSI Wave. (Name doesn’t really matter)

EDIT: Sig, few changes and a Typo.

[ This Message was edited by: Barthezzz on 2003-12-26 09:46 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Victor Davion [TSLTB]
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-24 08:55   
that would be awesome. Just imagine some poor scout jumping into BD and getting owned by this ICC station, that would be awesome.
Theirs the problem all the ICC FAs would use it on big ships and the little guys of UGTO and K'luth will always get owned.

9 x 6 = 42

Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-24 09:24   
how long have you been thinking about that? it seems like it would work for the game (if the icc get a new weapon i want one 2 ) I like!!

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-24 10:17   
Quote:

On 2003-12-24 08:55, MasterChief{C?} wrote:
that would be awesome. Just imagine some poor scout jumping into BD and getting owned by this ICC station, that would be awesome.
Theirs the problem all the ICC FAs would use it on big ships and the little guys of UGTO and K'luth will always get owned.

Owning Small ships really isn’t that hard, this wont make it any easier seeing as you’ll have to turn on your drives, Reactors and Shields.
Once I activate your first drive your SIF will disable and the enemy will see you.
Quote:

On 2003-12-24 09:24, Sarge -|-Dessie Squad-|- wrote:
how long have you been thinking about that? it seems like it would work for the game (if the icc get a new weapon i want one 2 ) I like!!

About 5 minutes, and I thought about something similar for UGTO and Kluth as well.
Kluth already have cloak, which is quite different but will prolly be improved by the Devs anyway.
As for UGTO, they don’t have shield Technology and I really don’t see any way to hide a big yellow ship in the blackness space without this technology.

The Best they could do would be to turn off their ship lights and get far away from the star, this would make their ship black and without the ship lights you wouldn’t be able to see it if someone would remote camera some space or a gate.

IronDuke
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-24 10:19   
This will cause balance problems, ICC is already strong, and infringes on the Kluth cloaking advantages.

However a hot key that toggled all system on/off (like ctrl+b does for PD) would acheive much the same effect (lowering sig) but without balance problems, all factions could use it.

Bigwolfe
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-24 10:37   
so as ya saying, me kluth, want to lower my sig more, i turn off m systems....wait.....my cloak would turn off.....and if it doesn't my cloak will drain my power supply..maybe if uggies could get it, cuz kluth wouldn't have a use for it

Email Bigwolfe
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-24 10:52   
hmmm sounds to me that this would be what subs call silent running mode...

basicly a form of near perfect stealth....

would be fun indeed to have =)

- Axi

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-12-24 11:55   
i think it's fine so long as

A.) they are only translucent, not invisible

I disagree however that ECCM would have no effect. I think that this stealth field should be effected by signature. First off it serves to differentiate it from the K'luths cloak. Second off it does provide an effective counter.

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-24 12:24   
Quote:

On 2003-12-24 10:19, IronDuke wrote:
This will cause balance problems, ICC is already strong, and infringes on the Kluth cloaking advantages.

The ICC isn’t that much stronger then the other factions.
Sure our Ac is evilish overpowered but the rest is pretty okay, and the ships are gonna be redone soon.
And the K’luth cloak sucks atm, im sure F knows about it and I hope he will make it like it used to be where ECCM would suck energy out of your cloak unless you turned it off.
This allowed K’luth to fly around cloaked inside ECCM fields until they ran out of power.

Quote:

However a hot key that toggled all system on/off (like ctrl+b does for PD) would achieve much the same effect (lowering sig) but without balance problems, all factions could use it.

Shutting down your systems in a cruiser is beyond pointless atm.
For an AC it will lower your sig from 8 to 5, which really doesn’t hide your ship.

Quote:

On 2003-12-24 11:55, Sandalpocalypse wrote:
i think it's fine so long as
A.) they are only translucent, not invisible
I disagree however that ECCM would have no effect. I think that this stealth field should be affected by signature. First off it serves to differentiate it from the K'luths cloak. Second off it does provide an effective counter.

A: No, This would allow you to see them and make the entire idea worthless (Unless Sitting in the planets shadow would actually turn your ship black like it actually is in the shadow.
Allowing ECCM to effect it would work. Also if F would one day return the K’luth cloak the way it was then they would be quite different.

air
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-24 15:42   
bad idea any way icc can do now you ues ecm and sit just out of camrra site range .

also have 3 ac and 1 senor fric with all ecm mounted it works no need for a icc cloack so they can set mines and have no way of finding them

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-25 01:29   
intresting idea one that i dont think will be put in

but intresting none the less

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-25 02:59   
Sounds Great.. well balanced for effect .

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-25 10:10   
dude if you want to ambush someone get a couple of combat ships and get losts of ECM and wait for some poor bastad to fly by and its gonna be quite hard to hide a station no matter how much cloak u got.
i give this -100k

Email A Troll =SSC=
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-25 11:41   
Quote:

On 2003-12-25 10:10, Cobra 1-1 (Death Patrol) wrote:
dude if you want to ambush someone get a couple of combat ships and get losts of ECM and wait for some poor bastad to fly by and its gonna be quite hard to hide a station no matter how much cloak u got.
i give this -100k

I seem to recall you making a lot of ideas that were "not so good" (some were good)....but don't shoot this down just cause you didn't think of it 1st

[edit] toned down my statement

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge -|-Elite Bomber-|- on 2003-12-25 11:42 ]

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-25 14:50   
Quote:

On 2003-12-24 15:42, air wrote:
bad idea any way icc can do now you ues ecm and sit just out of camrra site range .

also have 3 ac and 1 senor fric with all ecm mounted it works no need for a icc cloack so they can set mines and have no way of finding them

Quote:

On 2003-12-25 10:10, Cobra 1-1 (Death Patrol) wrote:
i give this -100k

Gonna reply to both quotes at once.
To put it simple; People who get ambushed by ICC with ECM should have “Retard” Painted all over his ship.
ECM only lowers your sig, it does not change the fact that your ship is a big fat grey hunk of metal with a whole bunch of flashy lights on it.
That and there is no “Max Camera Range”. You can dump your camera anywhere in space.

DarkSpace right now, is way too basic. Any Plant-like 8 year old can master the “Advanced” Tactics in DarkSpace.

If Darkspace is ever going to become a game that can fight other MMOG’s out there then it will need to start adding more advanced play styles.
The Politics and Economic system are examples of those, and they are coming.
Being able to create an ambush is just one out of many tactics that can be added to the game.

AND I never said I this was going to be an ICC only thing, I just haven’t had the time to think of UGTO version of this, or perhaps a different but still somewhat equal tactic that relates more to the UGTO Style.

Btw what does giving -100k mean…?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030756 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR