No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Joining GTN
 Author Joining GTN
SmellyTerror
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-15 21:49   
Hey hey. I signed up to join GTN but have dropped from the list. How do I find out why?

I meet all the listed criteria with the possible exception of "Also, you must pledge a support and a belief for the [...] GTN Motto and Honor Code".

I'm not sure how I pledge this...

For the record, though, it's this stuff on the GTN website that decided me on the fleet. As far as I know I already follow all of the rules there, even more than some GTN folk (some of whom don't seem to have read this bit: "Don't just rush to cap all the flag and enemy home system planets when you're ten minutes into the game.")

I'm often the only person on the server helping newbies (despite my own some-what newby status). I try to let other teams get at least one defended planet in a system - even going so far as dropping metals for them. My favourite role is dog-fighting as combat supply, which I guess would show my teamwork. I've never smack-talked anyone, unless you count me telling other smack-talkers to quit it.

I am, all in all, a lovely fellow. My mother was right.

Being Australian I would, under other circumsances, apply to join PB. However I always prefer the underdog, who seems to be whichever side PB is not on at the moment. I also prefer UGTO - their ships are a lot of fun to fly, especially the supply ship and the torp cruiser.

So what do I need to do to join? Or at least find out why I can't?

(SDing: I know some people have issues with the Self Destruct, and I don't use it as much as I otherwise might. However, just in case it's my occasional SD that makes folk think I'm a swine, I figure the only difference it makes to anyone is the lack of a kill point. Frankly I consider stat-obssesions to be pretty lame, especially for a stat that makes no difference to anything. Personally I almost never follow a e-jumping enemy, seeing as it takes them longer to get reapirs than to respawn...

If you have no other hope of doing damage to the enemy or of surviving, then I think you should SD. That's what it's for.)

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-15 21:52   
GTN is invitation only at the moment. Which means you will not get unless one of our recruiters asks you to join. If you read the fleet page, you would have seen why you were turned down.

Email Tbone
SmellyTerror
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-15 22:29   
Yeah I did read it - I figured an application was a request for invitation. I mean, "Open" seems to be pretty much automatic entry if you have the criteria, so it seemed reasonable to think that new applications might still be considered in "Invite" mode.

What if people don't play at the same times as GTN players?

Anyway, fair enough then. 'Spose I'll defect to PB, if they'll have me. I'd better go get some more pres, and finish off that bomber star. They seem a decent mob, and I am really enjoying the Siphon.

I can't really go UGTO, anyway. My problem with the small fleets is that there aren't many people online in my timezone. SP seem cool, and I like a lot of the pilots there, but I'm not likely to get to fly with them very often...
:/

Raiders
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-15 23:19   
Um well I'm pretty sure there is someone from GTN on almost at anytime you log in, we have ppl from most of the timezones. About recruitment we havent said no or yes, all we have said is invite only. So you shouldnt jump the gun and think that no you can't join. If you applied to the clan and were removed, well we do that to ALL recruits automaticly its not something against you personally.

Try talking and playing with some of us for awhile, maybe then you will get an invite, or decide we arent right for you.

Death is just the first step along an unknown path

Email Raiders
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-12-15 23:41   
You need to ask, not just hit the Join Fleet button...

I'm sure you are a good player, we just do not take people who use the Join Fleet button and not say anything

P.S.... Mods be prepared to lock this thread when the inevitable flaming begins... hopefully it will not but I have become pessemistic regarding such things.

I am Not a happy camper.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-12-15 23:44 ]

Email Bobamelius
SmellyTerror
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-16 00:39   
I HATE GTN AND I HATE THEIR MONKEYS!!!

That's ok - I just figured that hitting the sign-up button was basically saying "look at me, I'd be good in your fleet," leaving it to you guys to work out if you want me. I've been playing honourably and cooperatively for - what? - 160 hours now without an invite. I don't want to fly around without a fleet just on the off chance that GTN will eventually invite me, I'd rather just sign up to a fleet who can tell me yae or nay right off.

As far as I'm concerned I am a decent team-player (I think) and I should be exactly as grateful to my fleet as my fleet is to me. The idea of just sitting around hoping someone will let me into the club is - I dunno, it just feels a bit paternal.

I've applied to PB, and I'll stick with that until they reject me. In the mean time I'll still be flying UGTO in the Metaverse and will be very happy to team up with (and accept orders from) anyone I meet from GTN. It'll be fun fighting against you, too, if that's how it ends up. Good allies, in this game, also make good enemies.

DS is the gift that keeps on giving!

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-12-16 02:40   
Find me and we shalt talk

-Dem

PS. Topic locked.

Page created in 0.013727 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR