Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » A Comment on 1481
 Author A Comment on 1481
Pavachek
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-15 15:18   
After holding out for its release for so long, I decided to give 1481Beta a whirl and what Ive found was, to understate things a bit, way below my expectations. The HUD and F# screen changes are more than a bit intrusive on the tactical screen not to mention visually unattractive. The new chat functions, while well conceived, have been poorly executed and I found it possible to only read some of the chat by toggling the log. The removal of the AI transports detracts from the realism of the game and while planetary rotation adds to that facet....or rather it would add to it if the planets took a more realistic time to make one full revolution. The changes to the jump drive are ok but the game itself should compensate for the momentum you have after you jump as those on-th-fly calculations are more than a bit much when you are in battle. And the coding of the Gas Giants that gives them a kill radius overlapping some of their satellites' orbits is not a good thing. And this is just what I had to say BEFORE I was told that the Beta hasnt been updated in months. I have to finally ask
:what is this community really holding out for? Its my understanding that what most really want is new fighters/ships, nerfing/improving existing elements, and a more stable enviornment on which to play. My suggestion is (and I know this has been said before but this is finally my 2cents) give us a series of small patches instead of one giant one that is guaranteed to turn alot of players away on sight. Anyway, as Ive said, that's my 2 cents.

[ This Message was edited by: Pavachek on 2003-12-15 15:21 ]

Email Pavachek
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-15 15:24   
1481 if the foundation of some mayor changes....

see it like a new house.

It wont look like much in the beginning but a good foundation you can build a castle on it

- Axi

Pavachek
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-15 15:32   
Alright after a recent conversation Id like to retract all of the statemesnt made previously except for the HUD ones. However Id like to add something. First is the reintroduction of starting a jump while in the nav screen. Next is the planet-capping-by majority which is not such a hot idea. And last: we will be able to remote build across systems? Thats one that Id never thought would even make it to the drawing board.

Email Pavachek
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-12-15 15:43   
Don't go by anything you see in the current Beta; the 'real' version is being tested locally on closed servers where we can't see it.

I am Not a happy camper.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-12-15 15:43 ]

Email Bobamelius
II
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-22 10:22   
Quote:

On 2003-12-15 15:18, Pavachek wrote:
I have to finally ask
:what is this community really holding out for?

[ This Message was edited by: Pavachek on 2003-12-15 15:21 ]

Players subscribe and participate in massively multiplayer world shattering campaigns, receive dynamic content updates of new ship types, new races, technology, and strategies that will make the game virtually replayable. taken from the About page

Players are holding out for the dynamic content updates... that make the game replayable.... Because the last content update was.... so long ago people cannot remember it?

I guess people are waiting for palestar to actually come through on the claim of updating the game....

Page created in 0.017944 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR