Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Different Cannons/weapons with different ammo
 Author Different Cannons/weapons with different ammo
Evil Tom
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-15 09:36   
This is gonna be hard to explain, but if you understand it, it will be a good idea as it'll allow for greater diversity of weaponry.

Perhaps there could be different/varying cannons which say have varying reload and energy uses and speed of projectile, each of them making some kind of compromise (so that they can be tailored to your preferences and so not everyone uses the same one) on each of the stats.
Also the cannons can fire different ammos which have varying sizes and damages but can be put in all the cannons and have base attributes, that are affected by what cannon you're shooting them out of.

this means that you can mix and match a lot more.

the same can occur with torpedos. You can use torpedo launcher A, for example, which has a high rate of fire, but uses lots and lots of energy and has a low range, you can put any torpedo you want in it (obviously certain torpedoes might not fit in as they're too big etc), but i think you get the idea...say if p torps and f torps are the same size, you can chose which to use in a certain torpedo.

also this would allow for you to carry extra ammo in your cargo hold, or be able to change the ammo if needed.

Email Evil Tom   Goto the website of Evil Tom
$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-15 09:46   
i get it, yeah..

peanutbutter
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-15 10:00   
that's like earth & beyond where u can choose between emp/explosive/plasma ammo for missilelaunchers except u cannot set priority which slots will recharge faster or only if the priority slot is fully charged.
but generelly i agree with it except that u can keep ammo in cargo which makes the already less important sups even less important.
imagin the bomberdread has plenty of spareammo in cargo. is almost like he has a reload like in the old days.

Email peanutbutter
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-15 10:14   
I agree whit Tom and peanutbutter.

We need more weapons that is a fact..... what we dont need is different ammo for weapons..

That would give you a EAB system and comming from a person that played the BETA you do NOT want that system.

- Axi

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-12-15 12:32   
i dunno

It'd be interesting if the cannon weapons had different firing options.

Like Pcannons could fire a 10 shot burst with a 2.2x recharge time or somesuch, or Psicannons could fire a single massive shot that does 5x damage with same recharge, or Railguns could fire seeking ammo that did half damage.

*shrugs*

Page created in 0.014280 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR