No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » EMP Torps
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author EMP Torps
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-14 05:38   
I dont get it WHY give UGTO yet ANOTHER weapon that can disable a ship?

b4 you know it you being shot at by Flux cannon EMP cannon flux wave AND EMP torp.....

i love this whole disable ship thingy but share the wisdom here will ya?

- Axi

peanutbutter
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-14 08:16   
Quote:

On 2003-12-13 20:59, Gideon wrote:
Mmm...more sources of Friendly Fire Flux damage!

Joy...

well the only one who cares about FFs are the victims - as long as the shooter is successful he/she doesn't care.

imaging a torpedocruiser replaces his ptorp with emptorp....i believe it would be way more powerful then any uebermodded dread because it is maneuvrable and has a faster jumpcharge and in case of destruction the resloss is minor. reminds me to the AC with nukes only as a special weapon against kluthdreads (although it's not as effective as the emptorpcruiser).
leave it like it is there are plenty of smart combies of modding to accomedate the individual play of players; we don't need more "superdestroyers/-cruisers" - 1 destroyer should never be a serious threat to a cruiser (same 1 cruiser vs. 1 dread) if u compare the pure firepower. i rather believe that the real motivation is to be able to attack a juicy fat target which is larger all on ure own without being worried to get fragged cause it's weapons are at least temporarely disabled.

Email peanutbutter
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-14 08:23   
how about the emp torp causes NO hull damage and NO armor damage (or shields) only system damage...... and i think Ugto should be able to mod this *along with the icc* i think the icc should be able to mod this i mean they gotta have spies that would steal this info.

[ This Message was edited by: Sarge -|-Dessie Squad-|- on 2003-12-14 08:23 ]

Andravus
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-14 11:40   
I dont mash the spacebar and v key.. How dare joo say such a thing!

~mo0o0o

Email Andravus
$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-14 11:43   
well, y don't u just mod a torp cruiser w/ emp mines Duh!!

peanutbutter
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-14 11:51   
i don't --- i have no talent to use nukes i just hurt myself.

Email peanutbutter
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-14 12:58   
i want emp torps cause you can send em' at ppl....emp mines.....you gotta place

Gabriel
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-14 13:16   
How about a torpedo a bit like the leech cannon, when it hits it drains a certain amount of energy from your energy reserves. does no damage to the hull or shields, just drains your energy banks.

The Monty
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-14 15:13   
EMP torps wouldnt be a bad addition, but only if they are available to all factions. After all, the EMP mines & EMP cannons can be mounted on all 3 factions ships, why can't the torps? These are not Flux torpedos. Just keep the ammo low & the recharge longer then other torps.

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-15 09:09   
Whoa Whoa let's not abandon this idea here... EMP torpedoes would be far more useful than flux... maybe we could entirely eliminate flux waves from the game in favor of EMP torpedoes... they would only be available to UGTO off the bat, but all factions could use em.... I say you give em the same recharge and ammo stats as AM torps... They do reasonable damage to shields, but minimal damage to armor... However once shields/armor is eliminated, they can completely trash systems...

UGTO specializes in EMP type weapons, no reason to change that

Creeping Shadow
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-15 10:21   
oke this is my second post on this topic .. i wonder y ppl keep complaining about flux if u see a ship comming at you without firing it'z guns ... what doi u think they gonna do ? come close to u n give u a dam kiss ? .. come on be real if u are a good pilots as ya think you are then ya should know enought when ya should run .. n when u should stay so stop complaining other ppl when it'z ya own lack of commonsense rthat keep getting you kill, sure i use flux but i dun't complain when i get kill by it to .. sice it'z very easy to counter it ... and flux waves are usless on max range or with armor shield so y dun't u think about putting ya sheld where ya need it sinsterd of complaining .. anyway massive fluxwave woun't be a prob with the new patch since ya can only keep one .. and who say u should face a cruzer with a dread .. anybody with half a brain knows that on 1 on 1 .. cruzers own dread anytime .. this is a team game so it'z ya own fault if u think gowing out your own with a dread and expecting not to get kill .. look it'z looking like ugto strong point is their ability to kill system then let them be juz like icc and kluth have their own advantage ... btw i'll pick icc ac anytime over ugto torp cruzer .. torpcruzers are juz fat lumpy ship ... anyway i think i've got what i wanna say so wel .. all i can say now is .. enjoy the game and insterd of complaining try to be a better pilots ... and as i say b4 torps can alwayz be out turn with any ship smaller then dread so if u get hit by it learn to fly b4 ya start complaining and dreads .. if u go out on your own at least be graceful when you die coz dread going out escot is juz digging your own grave .. wel i think emp torps r pretty fine idea .. good day and good gamining

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-15 14:49   
You Go Girlfriend!!! oh... crap wait... meh i should just be quiet

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.026556 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR