Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Deep Space Stations [DSS]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Deep Space Stations [DSS]
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-13 03:17   

Space Stations.. who doesnt like to Shoot at em?

Support Stations are Great in there own right for a multitude of objectives..

Deep Space Stations could possibly fill a much needed role in DarkSpace.... and that is SpaceBar mashing against uber space spations.

ok ok thats not its only purpose..

having a Deep space station could serve as a last refuge for a faction down on its luck. DSS's would be in the middle of nowhere.. and hard to find without the aid of Scouts.

Humans didnt create these wonders.. the only clue to there origin is that there made of the same indestructable metal as the Gates.

How these stations react in game play is similar to a planet but there are no buildings to construct.

So how does one take over these Keeps?

The Station has 2 main features,

Docking Area- The ability to unload Infantry to crew and defend the station

Turret areas- Are just what they look like, heavely defended hardpoints of the station. ( what ever there weapons maybe..) but with enough Torps lasers.. missles.. etc you can disable these areas.. the rest of the station cant be harmed only the def arround the turret areas.

But they can be repaired....

DSS

Troop capacity - 1000 inf max.. 200 inf min

Ship Spawn capable- no

# of launchers per turret... unknown ( id like to see 10, 1 sheild, not sensor capable)

hit points on each turret.. unknown ( if there are at least 10 missle launchers and lets say each have the sheild strength of hull of a scout.. Turret survivability=10scouts + sheildgen) but hell if i know i just wana see a good fight...

and to top it off,.. when your docked to it you instantly get a little chat window pop up.. and its the only way to get into a special faction specfic lobby.. were mixed drinks and bar fights may occur .. only if your of age!

i just wana see a big big space battle arround a gaint station..
who knows maybe FAs or grand pumbas could control the turrets when there ships are docked...

-CharAznable

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2003-12-13 03:24 ]

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-13 07:20   
I just love those red X pictures

- Axi

XxIceDreamxX {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-13 09:28   
right click properties copy link browser.. simple lol

really..i can..

[ This Message was edited by: XxIceDreamxX*R* {C?} on 2003-12-13 09:29 ]

really..i can..

Email XxIceDreamxX {C?}
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-13 09:38   
1000 inf...? I wonder where i could get 100 Transports...

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-12-13 10:45   
thats a very nice idea Char! i want to see some deep space station in action! hehe

Email Thrie
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-13 11:30   
Quote:

On 2003-12-13 09:38, Barthezzz (Hawkie Got Owned!) wrote:
1000 inf...? I wonder where i could get 100 Transports...

At the spawn point of your trust

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-13 12:39   
Why the frell does it have more troop capacity than a planet?!?

That's insane. Just because the scaling in game is weird, does not mean that the space stations are larger than some planets. When we get around to rescaling planets, then things will be in better proportion. The reason ships don't damage planets when they crash into them, is because they are significantly smaller than planets (that, and as a way to prevent a form of planetary sabotage).

32 troops represents the total troop capacity for an entire planet. NO space borne structure should have anywhere near this capacity. If the purpose of this is to provide a place that spawns troops and be uncappable, then just say "it's uncappable and spawns troops". However, I have no idea where these people would be coming from. Perhaps assembled out of spare parts lying around?

Email Gideon
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-13 12:42   
Ok, first off.. sry if you cant see the pix. but there basic. The overall concept is what im really trying to get across.

Bart, i dont care if the Station has the capacity to hold 100,000 troops. and it took 5 migets and a donkey 80 hours a week for the next 100 years to fill it.

The overall concept of a DSS would be alot more interesting then cap recap.

This Station has to be Uber, I want people to muster and plan for days on takking a DSS over.. i want people to fight all day and all night just to capture and defend these DSS's

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-13 12:50   
Quote:

On 2003-12-13 12:42, CharAznable wrote:
Ok, first off.. sry if you cant see the pix. but there basic. The overall concept is what im really trying to get across.

Bart, i dont care if the Station has the capacity to hold 100,000 troops. and it took 5 migets and a donkey 80 hours a week for the next 100 years to fill it.

The overall concept of a DSS would be alot more interesting then cap recap.

This Station has to be Uber, I want people to muster and plan for days on takking a DSS over.. i want people to fight all day and all night just to capture and defend these DSS's

Um thats how it is sposed to be with a planet. I say we get the planets like that and see how things get.

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-13 12:52   
well, w/ your pic, how are we supposed to jump there, we can't even make it to another system, so how are we supposed to jump freely across 1/2 of the metaverse?

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-13 13:02   
Quote:

On 2003-12-13 12:39, Gideon wrote:
Why the frell does it have more troop capacity than a planet?!?

why not? and whats a Frell?

Quote:

That's insane. Just because the scaling in game is weird, does not mean that the space stations are larger than some planets. When we get around to rescaling planets, then things will be in better proportion. The reason ships don't damage planets when they crash into them, is because they are significantly smaller than planets (that, and as a way to prevent a form of planetary sabotage).

ok ok , Gid.. ill rework this and post again it in 2weeks.

Quote:

32 troops represents the total troop capacity for an entire planet. NO space borne structure should have anywhere near this capacity. If the purpose of this is to provide a place that spawns troops and be uncappable, then just say "it's uncappable and spawns troops". However, I have no idea where these people would be coming from. Perhaps assembled out of spare parts lying around?

The purpose is not to be a Spawn, and why shouldnt there be alot of troops? like i said in earlier reply.. even if it took a long time to fill it with infantry that would give people a Stroage place or something...

well anyway i think im going to quit this game and move onto a game with more development .. like yugi-oh or pokemon

Max Kepler
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-12-13 14:24   
Quote:

On 2003-12-13 13:02, CharAznable wrote:

The purpose is not to be a Spawn, and why shouldnt there be alot of troops? like i said in earlier reply.. even if it took a long time to fill it with infantry that would give people a Stroage place or something...

Because, to carry 1,000 troops, the station would have to be over 30 times the size of a Planet. Which is insane. You have to understand that 32 troops (will be) the maximum for a planet, such that the food supplies, etc. etc. can only support that many without troops dying. One of these proposed "Deep Space Stations" would have to be star-sized. And what's the point of capturing one? Sure, you can 'retreat' there, but then you're stuck in the middle of deep space with nothing but the troops that you have there (and if its in deep space, then there's no strategic value to have a 'storage' for troops anyway). Not much of a point going to capture one either.

Email Max Kepler   Goto the website of Max Kepler
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-13 14:46   
Quote:

Humans didnt create these wonders.. the only clue to there origin is that there made of the same indestructable metal as the Gates.

Correct me if im wrong(sp?) but if I remember correctly in the beta each faction had it's own jumpgate Texture(well in the senarios) I wonder if they created them? and you must know that they are undestructible because that would be a pain in the ass(sorry for the expression) to code(because its a spawn point for players)

stuck in Univercity limbo

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-13 16:14   
Quote:

On 2003-12-13 14:46, Ceridan wrote:

Correct me if im wrong(sp?) but if I remember correctly in the beta each faction had it's own jumpgate Texture(well in the senarios) I wonder if they created them? and you must know that they are undestructible because that would be a pain in the ass(sorry for the expression) to code(because its a spawn point for players)

You are absolutely correct. The gates are human built devices. They are indestructable, specifically because it is a pain in the ass to code in buildable gates. They did used to have unique appearances for each faction, the current gates are the ICC gates. At some point, we are going to have to confront the fact that we will have to remove gates completely, and implement a system where players can construct and destroy them.

Email Gideon
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-13 16:24   
Quote:

On 2003-12-13 14:24, Max Kepler wrote:

Because, to carry 1,000 troops, the station would have to be over 30 times the size of a Planet. Which is insane. You have to understand that 32 troops (will be) the maximum for a planet, such that the food supplies, etc. etc. can only support that many without troops dying. One of these proposed "Deep Space Stations" would have to be star-sized. And what's the point of capturing one? Sure, you can 'retreat' there, but then you're stuck in the middle of deep space with nothing but the troops that you have there (and if its in deep space, then there's no strategic value to have a 'storage' for troops anyway). Not much of a point going to capture one either.

over 30 times the size of a planet..? max, i know youve been playing DS for awhile now and didnt you ever just want to laugh at the sizes .. like Luna and a Station? So what is the Strategic Value of a MV that has nobody playing it? oh wait thats right im sorry there are only 30 people on average playing it if were lucky... yeah i guess your right .. DS doesnt have enough people..

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029543 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR