Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Energy Beams
 Author Energy Beams
Sovereign
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-10 18:02   
Though K'luth are in much need of power, I don't think maybe they should be the only with an ELF beam.

So here is my 5-minute idea...

UGTO and ICC also get energy leech beams, but instead of stealing energy they cause different negative effects.

ELF beams cause a drainage of energy, which the negative effect would prbably be leaving your ship defenseless.

UGTO could have Shield Inversion Beam which converts shield energy from the target ship into energy for the parasite ship. Shield drain would be kinda low. Maybe 20 points of shield every second for 6 seconds. 40 points of shield convert to 10 points of energy. A ship with no shields get their energy stores sucked away instead, but with the effieciency of only half an ELF Beam.

ICC could have an Engine Energy Siphon which converts a target ships speed into energy for the parasite ship. Lowers a ships speed by 2 gu per second for 6 seconds, 1 gu/second siphoned equals 1 points of energy.

Reload times should be similar to ELF Beams and be mounted on a Beam Slot.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-12-10 20:30   
/e
thought that humans could mount elf beams...

Tiffy Rando
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-10 21:18   
I wish, I'd be the first on eout there with an ELF EAD

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-10 21:19   
they cant....

intresting ideas... but i dont think so... that does cut into how uniquie Kluth are,

Over all, i think kluth should keep there armor, at least the way it is right now, maybe add more to some ships, but anyway

no, mainly because we dont need beams that slow things down, or take shields away

elf does that fine as it is,

now haveing mines that slow down ships would be nice, being chased drop a grav mine, bonk, they now go slower than you so you can get away =)

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-10 22:39   
Quote:

On 2003-12-10 18:02, USS Sovereign wrote:
Though K'luth are in much need of power, I don't think maybe they should be the only with an ELF beam.

So here is my 5-minute idea...

UGTO and ICC also get energy leech beams, but instead of stealing energy they cause different negative effects.

ELF beams cause a drainage of energy, which the negative effect would prbably be leaving your ship defenseless.

Defensless...doesn't sound like fun to me in a fleet battle...

Quote:

UGTO could have Shield Inversion Beam which converts shield energy from the target ship into energy for the parasite ship. Shield drain would be kinda low. Maybe 20 points of shield every second for 6 seconds. 40 points of shield convert to 10 points of energy. A ship with no shields get their energy stores sucked away instead, but with the effieciency of only half an ELF Beam.

Interesting, but I would never use it because 1 - only one faction has shields, and 2 - they rarely use them, prefering to use the superior armor.

Quote:

ICC could have an Engine Energy Siphon which converts a target ships speed into energy for the parasite ship. Lowers a ships speed by 2 gu per second for 6 seconds, 1 gu/second siphoned equals 1 points of energy.

So...it's basically an anti-escape device (like the interdictor) that also makes the using ship more powerful. Just what we need, something to make the ICC even more powerful than the other factions.

Quote:

Reload times should be similar to ELF Beams and be mounted on a Beam Slot.

Well, I would use the Engine Energy Siphon, since the other two have major drawbacks. It would help prevent escapes, letting my 1337 self get more k1llZ!

There is always one moment in childhood, when the door opens, and let's in the future...

[ This Message was edited by: Gideon on 2003-12-10 22:39 ]

Email Gideon
Page created in 0.015786 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR