No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » For Queen and Empire [18/~30]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author For Queen and Empire [18/~30]
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2003-12-18 03:34   
I KNEW IT!

The Kluth always win! Damn biased silly person you are Rock .

-Ent

Dimorrow
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-12-18 03:38   
grrrrrr like i said, im gonna have to kick your ass now, the freakin kluth won, i liked this story until the kluth started winning lol

nice story though dude

ash

Email Dimorrow
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-18 06:34   
i dont care who "wins" but the whole thing took a bit of a sharp and ordinary turn here..

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-18 08:34   
/me looks at his watch

ROCK!!! YOUR LATE!!!!!

- Axi

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-18 09:02   
Erm yea... I shouldve done it this morning but i was kinda.... you know... in class. So now, due to popular demand: Part 8 and Part 9!

PS: I know it's a weird turn of events, but it's how i wanted it besides, it's the first time ever i write a story
PPS: 18 Chapters so far, i think the total will be around 25-30... i'll see about that though. Enjoy!

[ This Message was edited by: Rock on 2003-12-18 09:46 ]

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-18 09:12   
Part 8: Fire

Most planets in Sirius and the back systems liberated themselves. Fierce uprisings, in which drones fought like warriors, took place all over former K'luth space. A few planets provided heavy resistance, but were taken care of. When the Hive showed itself, all surrendered to the Empire.
Soon enough, even Epsilon Eri had been recovered. As the fleet split up to enter the central systems, the remaining humans wondered what had happened to their forces. They had no hopes of defending themselves in these systems, for the K'luth outnumbered them almost ten to one. All they could do was fall back, or, for the slower vessels, die by dozens of Disruptors from Predators and Chitins.
The ICC fell back to the Ross 248 system, the UGTO to the Wolf 359 system. A small portion of the K'luth fleet stayed on guard in the Van Maanen and Lalande systems, to keep any returning UGTO at bay; the rest entered Ross 248, defeating the defending fleet with ease. The small system was conquered within a week, as was the now undefended Cygnus system. At this point, they had arrived at what the rebels called home.

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-18 09:36   
Part 9: Surprise

"Sir, we just received a transmission from Kapteyn's Star: all but two vessels have been destroyed. All planets lost," said the communications officer through the com. "Thank you, commander," replied Admiral Groden. "Any news from Tau Ceti?"
"No sir; intelligence suggests we are to consider it lost."
Great, Groden thought as he closed the channel, a K'luth fleet ten times the size of ours invading, and all we have left is our home. He stared out his window, at the yellowish glow emanating from Minuete, Exathra's single moon.
Fleet Admiral Turing hadn't returned from the Sirius expedition, leaving Groden in command of the ICC forces. His strategic talents were nowhere near Turing's however, and with limited resources he could only hope they wouldn't get slaughtered, but go down with a fight.
Suddenly, all lights went out, and only a few red glowbars remained. At the same time, an alarm sounded through the Raven, the fleet's only remaining Assault Dreadnought.
Groden ran onto the bridge yelling "What's going on?". When no answer came, he looked around and saw everyone staring at the main screen. As he turned his head towards it, his jaw dropped to his chest. The Hive had come.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-12-18 11:11   
Why don't the humans get some stations?

I am Not a happy camper.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-12-18 11:11 ]

Email Bobamelius
Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-12-18 13:59   
Quote:

On 2003-12-18 11:11, Bobamelius wrote:
Why don't the humans get some stations?

~To begin with, the ICC have limited resources. It mentions it in Rock's story, and it also makes sense if all they have left is home. If you watch the resource count for two or three hours in an scenario server, you'll see how long it takes for stations to be able to pop out.

~Furthermore, if we want to relate this more into Darkspace... a station is nothing more than a nummy target. You get a few ships (especially K'luth class, which have the power to rip a lot of things to pieces), and a station will burn and collapse. CL2Ks... AM Torps... a station may be a powerhouse, but it can't necessarily cope with being outnumbered with that much raw power. Of course, the station would most assuredly snag a couple of K'luth ships on its way down... but, if the K'luth outnumber them at odds of 10-to-1 to begin with, they can't afford to lose any ship. There's also the piercers... meaning that if a station manages to survive long enough to be able to get a recharged JD after a bout, there's a good chance that it will be staying to die.

~In order to conquer the insanely outnumbering K'luth (which own their back systems, Sirius, probably everything in the middle up to the UGTO side of Wolf and all around ICC except for their home---that's a lot of damn resource power, when I think about it), the ICC would need... an insane amount of stations. They'd most likely need more stations than the total amount of players that play the FA, the MV, the other scenario servers, and just sit in the lobby. I dunno how big Rock's made the K'luth Fleet, though, so it may be less. I'm just trying to put it into the perspective I think about it... insanely overwhelming.

~The Mega Hive, which has enough power to whack a dread in one full alpha and probably would nearly destroy a station with that same alpha... that also poses a bit of a problem. Might wanna have something that could drive away from that thing if it jumps you.

EDIT: Additional paragraph, a few grammar errors removed, and other spiffy stuff.

~"Each human being contributes to whether we press forward into anarchy or remain civilized. These contributions, however, are so completely unique that it'd doom mankind rather than save it if every human agreed with one another." ~Grimith J. Reaper

[ This Message was edited by: Grimith J. Reaper on 2003-12-18 14:05 ]

Goto the website of Grimith
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-12-18 16:32   
wow now thats a good example how a war can change overnight.....

Still a good story Rock.

- Axi

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-12-18 17:04   
dude, i want the Queen's hive.

Quistis {C?}
Cadet
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2003-12-18 22:07   

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-19 05:45   
Bob: 2 things:

1) like i said to hawkie: Patience

2) it's my story, love it or leave it

And now to everyone out there... i'm not so good with names, i could use a few ideas for some UGTO Commanders... thanks in advance

And now we return to the story

Rocki
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-19 05:57   
Part 10: Pride

The rebels have gathered all their ships there my Queen. I strongly oppose... The acolyte went silent and grabbed his head with his 3 arms; he dropped to his knees. I remember when you were only a young warrior, acolyte, the Queen spoke quietly, how you disabled the interdictor base of a planet on your own, so our fleet could jump in. You volunteered for that mission, and lost an arm doing so.
The acolyte huffed, regaining his breath after the Queen's mental punishment. He stared at the deck for a few moments, before rising to his feet again. Slowly, he lifted his head, and stared into the eyes of the Queen. My Queen, i beg your foregiveness. I request command of the ground forces that will invade the rebel homeworld. The Queen smiled. Much better, acolyte. Prepare your troops.
The acolyte turned, and left for the infantry quarters. As he walked past the other acolytes, he seemed to have grown a full head taller. But he had merely straightened his back, striding forth with the pride of the warrior he once was. His fellow acolytes stared at him, adoring what he had done. They threw away their luxury clothing and jewellery; as one they drew their daggers, used in battle, some even still bloodied; and as one, their mental scream sounded through the Hive: For the Queen!

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-12-19 21:08   
Quote:

On 2003-12-19 05:45, Rock wrote:
And now to everyone out there... i'm not so good with names, i could use a few ideas for some UGTO Commanders... thanks in advance

~Well, seeing as how they're UGTO Commanders (and we all know that every bit of it leads back to Earth), they could be given... human names! As long as you don't name any of the commanders Demorian and/or Depthcharge, I'm sure the UGTO Commander names you think of will sound like sensible people. (*charges up 500 Active Shields for retaliation he may get*)

~I can think of a list of names for you, though (or try my best). I can either message them to you, mail them to you, or post them here. Your call.

Goto the website of Grimith
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034153 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR