Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Piracy
 Author Piracy
Evil Tom
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-07 19:44   
We need more independant factions and different ships in small numbers to allow for pirates...yum yum. or some option to be ICC (for example), but break away and use ICC ships, but be independant...kind of take the 'fleet' option further.
also better spoils from blowing up enemy ships..or perhaps some option to board them and steal their cargos if you've disabled them (but something would have to be worked out for that)

ARRR...i feel the need to kill some innocents and steal their well earned money....teheheheheee

any suggestions? put them up here...mwahahahaha...tehehehe...we need grog too....we should be able to buy/sell other commodities such as grog, and cigars, and more grog, and ale, and mead, and lager, and oooo....vodka...and hmmm...oh the fun....raaaaa!!!

and we should be able to urinate on planets to claim them as our territory...or is that something else? hmmm....help me...is there a psycologist here? mmmmmm grog

i wanna be a pirate when i grow up...hmmm...yeah....that'll do me.

[ This Message was edited by: Tarkin Larson on 2003-12-07 19:52 ]

Email Evil Tom   Goto the website of Evil Tom
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-07 20:04   
i like a lot

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-07 20:05   
I like how piracy was done in EV Nova, where you can whack a ship's hull to a point where it is completely disabled, allowing you to dock with the ship, than with marines, plunder commodities and credits or even attempt to outright seize the ship.

ATM, piracy can be done, at best, by unloading infantry onto enemy vessels, than your infantry, in a literal suicide mission, dump all cargo overboard, which is than picked up by your ship. In the patch you may be able to even outright seize a ship.

In the storyline, piracy was eliminated almost entirely when it became too strong. That is the mistakes DS Pirates have made. If Pirates begin to present themselves as a large enough threat, the govt may just send its entire navy to quash them. If you keep subtle (or just appear subtle), the only enemy ships you will really face in your raiding are dessys and maybe the occasional cruiser. ATM I would guess, storylinewize, that piracy is extremely frowned upon, however, I wont be suprized to find Privateers, which are, quite literally, pirates hired by a government. AKA, "If you do not attack ICC Convoys and only capture and loot UGTO Convoys, we will allow you free voyage within our territory and free resupply." The ICC Gets the benefit of having someone intentionally disrupting enemy trade routes, and the Pirate(Privateer) gets the benefit of free resupply and voyage through ICC Territory.

Id see ICC employing the most Privateers by far while Kluth have little to any and UGTO Having a few.

Goto the website of Novacat
NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-07 23:17   
Keep your dirty rp suggestions away from me!

Goto the website of NoPants2win
XxIceDreamxX {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-08 07:34   
Well.. for this to be effective youd need a new ship class.. like a cargo ship or something.. that can bring things from the homesystems to the frontlines.. that way raiding would be beneficial and pirates would actually earn stuff.. and maybe even factions can start stopping war efforts by cutting an enemy supply convoy off.. hmm.. then you might need ammunition.. and we already have supply ships and it gets to messy.. umn...lol

really..i can..

Email XxIceDreamxX {C?}
Quinsisdos^4
Vice Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-12-08 08:01   
I just wonder how many times Red mentions EV Nova in one day...

-=We Are GTN, You Will Be Fluxed, Resistance is Mandatory=-

Email Quinsisdos^4   Goto the website of Quinsisdos^4
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-12-08 12:31   
Many, many, many times.

But, it is a good game and the piracy system works well for it, but DS is not the same.

Infantry Jettisoned...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius {Alliance} on 2003-12-08 12:31 ]

Email Bobamelius
XxIceDreamxX {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-08 13:12   
ya think

really..i can..

Email XxIceDreamxX {C?}
Page created in 0.030438 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR