Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » Kluth/UGTO alliance...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Kluth/UGTO alliance...
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-04 13:50   
Like this? :/

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-12-04 14:37   
if history have teaches us anything is that’s its all right and smart to be cautious or afraid and stupid not to.

more than one nation or empire have fallen to the notion that they could take on the whole world by them self and failed.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
=Shadow-Drakken= *SA-X*
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-04 17:48   
I think K'luth sould ally UGTO to make an alliance

Hope it wins:DARKEST DRAGON

Goto the website of =Shadow-Drakken= *SA-X*
SmellyTerror
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-04 21:00   
Well I haven't been here long, but I've since I've been here whichever faction PB joins starts to win. Good on them for being an effective fleet! But if we and they are going to have a challenging, even fight, then non-PB forces need to coordinate.

Even if it's as simple as a cease fire, even if it's only repsected by a quarter of the players out there, that is still an advantage, it still allows more resources to go towards bringing about a balance.

So I saw this thread and adopted the tag. I'm not in a fleet, but I will happily follow orders from whichever group or individual who seems to know what they're talking about.

...and a cease-fire is *damned* effective, because every time I've been in the MV it's been the side with the largest numbers online who have been advancing. If two sides are always using that advance against a single opponent then the opponent has to be very much better to survive.

unknown force
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-05 07:41   
ditto to what smellyterror said.

Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-05 15:24   
Quote:

On 2003-12-03 20:19, Gideon wrote:
I can't begin to count the number of times I've been fired on (not accidental fire, but sustained attacks) by so called "allies" during alliances.

A word to new players or those who don't understand: Alliances are only worth the word of those you are allied with. Since everyone you ally with is a human, expect betrayal at any time.

Well said.

If we cannot trust other people how can creatures as alien as the kluth ever be trusted ?

Consider their past record and the answer is clear; No. Their repeated use of Bio-Weapons, banned by Humans in the 20th Century., and they use these terrible weapons against civilian populations of Hubs and Domes, as well as troops. Their PSI Horrors of interrogation and torture, their brutal oppression and enslaving of civilian populations, their use of live-people to incubate their young.

We can only trust them in only one thing, to be cold barbaric killers intent on the subjegation or extermination of our entire species.

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2003-12-05 15:26 ]

Email Wyke {ThorsHammer}
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-05 16:05   
Quote:

On 2003-12-05 15:24, Wyke wrote:
Quote:

On 2003-12-03 20:19, Gideon wrote:
I can't begin to count the number of times I've been fired on (not accidental fire, but sustained attacks) by so called "allies" during alliances.

A word to new players or those who don't understand: Alliances are only worth the word of those you are allied with. Since everyone you ally with is a human, expect betrayal at any time.

Well said.

If we cannot trust other people how can creatures as alien as the kluth ever be trusted ?

Consider their past record and the answer is clear; No. Their repeated use of Bio-Weapons, banned by Humans in the 20th Century., and they use these terrible weapons against civilian populations of Hubs and Domes, as well as troops. Their PSI Horrors of interrogation and torture, their brutal oppression and enslaving of civilian populations, their use of live-people to incubate their young.

We can only trust them in only one thing, to be cold barbaric killers intent on the subjegation or extermination of our entire species.

[ This Message was edited by: Wyke on 2003-12-05 15:26 ]

well said....(i still beileve in the cause!)

SmellyTerror
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-12 02:53   
(OOC)

Well, at the moment PB have more planets than the entire UGTO combined. ICC have as many planets as K'Luth and UGTO combined. Yet K'Luth and UGTO are fighting each other right now, with nothing happening at all in ICC space...

Isn't "being the most powerful in a conflict of three" the Third Classic Blunder? The reason is that the two weakest will always combine to defeat the strongest...

I guess whoever said that didn't figure on DS players.

C'mon people - fight back! Quit killing the other weak side and start concentrating on the guys who are going to slaughter you if you don't pay attention!

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-12 03:24   
Quote:

On 2003-12-12 02:53, SmellyTerror wrote:
C'mon people - fight back! Quit killing the other weak side and start concentrating on the guys who are going to slaughter you if you don't pay attention!

Technically attacking the weakest faction would be a far smarter thing to-do, why attack someone who will kick your ass if you can attack someone else whose ass you can kick?

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Koffi Khan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-12 03:57   
Ok i think the whole alliance thing is complete load of bullocks i mean seriously the K'luth are an alien race and humans shouldnt be able to ally with them. Plus there are only 3 factions u can choose from so the idea of having a kind of diplomacy is stupid, sure if we had at least 5 or more factions then alliances would be feasable.

im sure many others agree that alliances are really stupid

SmellyTerror
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-12 05:01   
Well, y'know, it's actually a game. We can ally with whoever we want!

If K'Luth and UGTO waste their time and resources fighting each other, then ICC wins. *snore*

The reason it's not smart to attack the other weak guy is that he's you're only potential ally. The strong guy doesn't need an ally. Unless you can knock the strong guy out then you lose. End of story.

The reason it makes the game better is that we could have a real war going on, instead of a slow grinding defeat/victory (depending on your side).

...and surely some shaky alliances, shaky both IC and OOC, could be fun for all three sides. A sure-win isn't fun for anyone, even the winners.

-Apocoflips!!-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-12 05:39   
ICC are already beginning to advance close to K'luth homesystems... so..ya know.. and stop insulting the k'luth they have these weapons because it works for them and they arnt stupid.. when theyre losing they will look for help and not lay down and die.

And ya never know they might think its more beneficial if you ally and show them abit of what you can do when the ICC aint killing ya...lol

Alliances should be a feature for v1.842 and between fleets so if 2 UGTO fleets and a K'luth Fleet wanted to kick an ICC fleet out of BD they could ally and eradicate their opponent..so...

anyway enough from me.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.030484 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR