Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » missing kluth ship
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author missing kluth ship
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-04 06:10   
Kluth cannot have Everything the ICC/UGTO Have and not vice-versa. If the Kluth get a carrier, than shouldnt the ICC/UGTO get a ganglia? Or maybe one of those Piercers?

Goto the website of Novacat
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-12-04 07:11   
i cant see what the big deal are here

guys im not talking a ship with 300 fighterbays here

like with the icc carrier cruz 4 - 5 fighter and some light weapon slots, nothing more.

these kind of ships only get flown by experts anyway like with scrabs and scales they are limmitet in about anything else than the weapon class they are based on and wount work without a fleet to support them.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-12-04 08:06   
They'd still be a carrier... what you described would probably be better than the current ICC Carrier Cruiser, considering the cloak means that a dedicated K'luth carrier vessel is close to invincible.

The whole point of the K'luth is that theyre a close range faction. The Cloak is part of this, as is the fact that they dont mount many long range weapons.

[ This Message was edited by: Sandalpocalypse on 2003-12-04 08:13 ]

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-12-04 10:42   
i dont think its more diffrent than ecm hiding a few carriers on icc/ugto

anyway cloake for the kluth only works if you build the hatet ecm forts else in all or most close range engagements it dont matter if i have cloake on or not

and any fast carrieer ship (not the ugto dred)works best anyway if they works withing the eccm range so even here it blows some holes in it

im speaking of exprince on how i fly the icc carrier

and actuly many kluth do mount long range weapons when it fits the ops

and still ugto and icc have the upper hand in pd side if it should realy be like this kluth should have the best pd defence in game and not the worst

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock(KTS) on 2003-12-04 10:43 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock(KTS) on 2003-12-04 10:45 ]

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-04 12:52   
Quote:

On 2003-12-04 00:32, Depthcharge wrote:
No, b/c Fighters are going to be limited to how many there are in eache bay, no more mass swarms of fighters, UGTO Carrier dreads will only be able to put out a maximum of 80 fighters. Gid said this a LONG time ago.

What is going on here, is the limits imposed by the server (or perhaps zone, I'm fuzzy on which tracks the numbers active) on the number of active fighters per ship or component.

I should take a moment to point something out. The maximum number of active fighters has not been worked out yet. However, if you play on retail side, you will notice that such a limit already exists. You can test it like this: Target yourself using the map. Launch fighters on yourself (they will attack, but won't damage you) . Keep launching more and more fighters, as the components recharge. You will notice that you cannot have more than half of the fighters from a fighter component active at any one time. This same thing can be testing on any other object. Just targeting yourself is the easiest and quickest way to see it happen.

So, fighter number limites are in effect, for ships, and have been for a long time. What is new to being limited, are planets. However, their limits may calculate out so that there is no appreciable difference between their curent and their new fighter levels. We'll just have to wait and see what happens in beta testing.

Email Gideon
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-04 12:56   
Quote:

On 2003-12-04 00:49, Bobamelius {Alliance} wrote:
Fighters will also cost prestige when you lose them. That said, they will be better, and most of all, tougher. Maybe K'Luth will get more interceptors for PD?

Infantry Jettisoned...

Fighters costing prestege is a long term plan. It is slated to occure only after fighters have xp ranks, so that they can be up to elite in rank. Additional changes that will probably occure at that time will be the moving of fighters to only be supplied by fighter bases (where they are built like troops) and not by depots/supply drones, fighters storing more like cargo and less like ammo, carriers having fuel and ammo stores for their fighter compliment (which will be supplied by depots/supply drones), and an additional major revision and re-evaluation of the effectivness of each fighter craft (weapons, hp, manuverability, etc).

Remember, v1.482 is not the final form of the game, it's just the game's next step in it's evolution.

Email Gideon
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-04 13:00   
Quote:

On 2003-12-03 19:12, Fattierob wrote:

Is their anything you CAN say?!

There is not much I am willing to say, as we are close enough to the release of v1.481 that I have gone under an information blackout. However, I must stress once again that the matter has only been decided for the current retail version of DarkSpace (v1.480 and earlier). The upcoming version(s) may allow for the creation of a sort of K'Luth carrier ship, or they may not. The matter has not been decided for post v1.480.

Email Gideon
warren
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-05 07:41   
well ragg the uggies are missing a ship 2 there missing there super dumper cloaking auto reapiring ead with a dictor

if the kulth get a carrier cruz all humans ship should come with auto reapir and cloak just to make things fair
i mean we wouldnt want any of the fractions to be different i meanwhat would the point of that be hmm youd just have to use different ships and all i think every ship should be the same therre problem solved youd have no more balance issues or anything.

but of crouse you only want a kluth carrier cruser so you can stand off a planet while you rotate barracks and lunch fighters at the enemy with out have to go fight them your self.

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-12-05 11:21   
you go so much out of subject but lets run this line out

no more kluth tech for icc or ugto ships is , i have to say

i cant see why human ships should have the xtra power advantage from ame and amj tech they get.

kluth with all their all heavy wepons have more need for the extra power than the icc/ugot that have more options for adding extra power + all or most kluth ships dont have pd thats worth talking about.

and for an larva bases cruzz ships

for real how many do you actuly see that dont fly anything else than light destoyers into combat and with the loss of the most powerfull cl weapons soon this whould be useless to.

there is a reason for this most larger kluth ships except the gange is very difficult to fly efectivly into combat unless you are an real el33t player.

so and larva fighter based cruzz will rock the ballance so much considering

1. it will have allmost no pd
2. at most like 3 light weapons
3. 1 or no spicial

this would be an more easy target then any kluth ship allready around and would only work if it have back up by short range fighting ships

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock(KTS) on 2003-12-05 11:28 ]

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-12-05 14:11   
Quote:

On 2003-12-04 13:00, Gideon wrote:
as we are close enough to the release of v1.481

Lol, rofl...it's getting old

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-05 14:19   

Ragglock I applaud you, your one of those people who stand by your idea despite overwhelming oppostion, even if your idea seems poorly though out.
Quote:

On 2003-12-05 11:21, Ragglock(KTS) wrote:

no more kluth tech for icc or ugto ships is , i have to say

i cant see why human ships should have the xtra power advantage from ame and amj tech they get.

kluth with all their all heavy wepons have more need for the extra power than the icc/ugot that have more options for adding extra power...

Like you said this point is offtopic but I'm going to go after it anyway. True, ICC and UGTO can get by on our own engines and reactors without to much of a power problem, if any. Heck your fine even with stock engines and reactors as long as you don't blow your power wad on wasted shots or alphas. The problem with this state ment is that the k'luth have the perfect amount of power for what they were designed for, i.e. to be a hit and run faction. Stock, k'luth ships are OK in this respect. They can get a couple salvos off then they have to withdraw to recharge. The problem is when they start modding the AME (AMJD give no energy, and thus have no place in this argument). This turns the kluth from an Attack-run-recharge faction to an Attack-Attack-Attack faction, since they now have the energy reserves to sit there and simply pound the human factions.

Also, the "more options for adding extra power" argument doesn't hold water IMO. The average UGTO/ICC destroyer has 3 engines, and the ICC get a special slot in nearly everyone excluding the BD. Now the K'luth Stinger I believe has around 5 engines, give it as much power as a human dreadnaught. Although it lacks the punch of the other kluth dessies stock, the extra 30 or so energy would be a nice thing to have. Plus you can also mod, giving it better weapons plus the 5 AME incase you have that big of a case of energy-envy.

Quote:

On 2003-12-05 11:21, Ragglock(KTS) wrote:

and for an larva bases cruzz ships

for real how many do you actuly see that dont fly anything else than light destoyers into combat and with the loss of the most powerfull cl weapons soon this whould be useless to.

there is a reason for this most larger kluth ships except the gange is very difficult to fly efectivly into combat unless you are an real el33t player.

so and larva fighter based cruzz will rock the ballance so much considering

1. it will have allmost no pd
2. at most like 3 light weapons
3. 1 or no spicial

this would be an more easy target then any kluth ship allready around and would only work if it have back up by short range fighting ships

First off, I think you should be nominated for the Golden GothThug Award for Best Understatement in a forum Topic, I'm not sure how much better you can do than classifying k'luth destroyers as "light".

Yes, you will lose the ability to mount 4 CL2k on a destroyer that already has a many torpedos stock as the average human cruiser, but you retain the manuverability and speed, plus disruptors have, IMHO, a good chance of being beefed up since while being able to smack someone with 8000 flat dmg is nice, the 15 or so second recharge time plus the power cost negates this somewhat, if not totally.

Quote:

With all due respect to those "special" players, pretty much all of the core k'luth player base is what can be considered "el33t".

Now, I should probably get my arse back ontopic and say why I disagree with the K'luth carrier idea. Like several other people have stated earlier, a K'luth carrier, sitting 5000 or so gu out, cloaked, launching fighters at a fleet nearly out of visible range is just a bad idea. Throw a extractor mounting ECM into the mix and you get a complete disaster in game balance issues. New assualt fighters will just complicate it further.

And finally, K'luth are not, were not, and hopefully will not ever be a faction with any significant long range capabilites. Since much of the Tech is going to be restricted to faction/species only, kluth will not even mount IT missles in the future, thus restricting them to the almost entirely close range sucker-punching crippling faction they are supposed to be.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-12-05 16:08   
ok i think kluth should get a carrier *GASP* *now there uber* no not so...

make it a sucky imitation of ugtos dread

1 dread

----------
Nomad
----------

3x ie
2xdisrupter
2xweapon slot
4x larvae
1xrepair
1xcloak
1x light armor

-----------
Any1 could live with that(cept maybe kluth)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.026438 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR