No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Alerts and escape pods
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Alerts and escape pods
Akuma
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-26 12:17   
Im sure someone has probably brought this up before, but i tihnk it owuld be cool to have certain alert status within your ship. Like a Green Alert status when an enemy scout is detected, A yellow Alert when u are about ot jump into an enemy sector ( your recharge times could be like maybe a hare faster b/c you crew is on stand by ( just a thought ) ) and Red alert when you are about to go into combat. I think the sounds and stuff would be cool.

Escape pods would be pretty neat to seee comging off from your ship when u reach a certain hull damage leve ( like 15 or something ).

Just some things I was thinkign about that might be helpful.

~Akuma

James Bum007
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-11-26 14:08   
Escape Pods sounds like a good idea, you can get pres for recueing your teamates with a tractor beam. (Escape Pods with tracking beacons)

I dont know about the alert thingie we already get a beep when an enemy is close by, that's good enough for me.

Email James Bum007
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-26 14:41   
Escap pods? so your ship is destroyed and you sit there freezing your arse off in space? kinda usless..what am i gonna do with enemy pods? eat them?
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Astral Viper
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-26 14:46   

U blow up the enemy pods and save the friendly ones

.......................DUH

(quoted wrong dude)

[ This Message was edited by: Astrol_Viper on 2003-11-26 14:51 ]

GTN wasnt just a Fleet it was a Family we all were and still are and always will be brothers in our hearts.

From the ashes of Earth we rise like a pheonix spreading our wings

Email Astral Viper
DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-26 14:53   
I kinda like the escape pod suggestion. My thoughts are that once your ship is destroyed, your screen returns to the gate like it normally does (captains go down with the ship right? heh) but your teammates could get pres for picking up your crew's escape pods. Enemy pods can be destroyed for pres or picked up for captured pres.

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-26 15:11   
oooooooooo!!! ok...yea sounds kool
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-11-26 15:17   
Hrm escape pods have a nice ring to it.

CTRL+D 2 times and you launch escape pods.

CTRL+D 3 times Self destruct is initiated.

Escape pods have to fly 500Gu * can be shot down * b4 they random jump into deep space.
these pods will have beacons * as suggested * but are only visable to friendly ships * could change *.

Rescueing a pod will give you credits.
Retreiving a pod in a mission will also give you prestige.

To counter exploit launching pods will damage your systems over time.
as crew leaves systems cease to function.

This can be repaired by an engineer but would take some time.

thats about what i can figure out

- Axi

Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-26 15:22   

SmellyTerror
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-26 15:34   
How about the pods have a time limit - otherwise you're going to crash the server. Let them hang about in space like equipment does, then vanish (they were charging up their jumpdrive, and then they are, um, jumping to the gate, but it's a dangerous jump (casualties) which is why you get rewarded with pres for picking themn up first.....?).

Anyway, even just a graphic representation would be cool, especially for self destruct (ie. it'd give others a warning you'd set the SD).

Akuma
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-26 16:15   
yeah great add on ideas guys. with the crl+d2, like maybe a computerzied voice will come on saying "abond ship, abandon ship," then the SD clock counts and they all start laucnhing duyring the countdown. or have a "all crew report to escape pods." or sometihng like that. and as the captn, u could like return and pick your crew up again. Maybe even have a "Rescue pres points."

FAR FETCHED IDEA:

With the pods once u have rescued them, maybe u could bring thme back to a planet where they'll be added as population count or something.

Evil Tom
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-26 16:45   
Hmm...the different alert status could be shown by a little indicator that changes colour...or all of the icons could change colour.
Perhaps when there is no combat or anything you could be in green status...and your shields and weapons are down, but you can travel much faster etc.
In yellow status there is a medium mix between speed and shields etc...to indicate a state of readyness
In Red you can't travel all that fast but you're shields and weapons are like 'over charged' and pile out a lot more shots and shielding.

The escape pod is a good idea...with picking up them up adding to your prestige...either enemy pods for POW or friendlies for obvious reasons. This could also lead to another mission...where you have to capture/rescue people before the enemy does.
I like the idea of them floating around for around 500gu, and then dissapearing toward the gate, or nearest friendly planet...because that would seem like a viable thing for them to do.

also if there is, in some time in the future the addition of some crewing system...rescuing friendlies would help replenish any crew you had lost.

Email Evil Tom   Goto the website of Evil Tom
Akuma
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-26 16:51   
Yes yes very true, good idea about the alert status's.

DangerBabe
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-26 16:55   
Hmm, interesting idea about the commands to launch escape pods. Perhaps make that option only available once your hull is at a certain low percentage, so people aren't spewing pods at 100% just to give their buddies pres. I'd like to see it be automatic, so that when you reach a low hull, you'll get a prompt asking if you want to launch escape pods, or maybe a button to click that lights up when the low hull % is reached.

[ This Message was edited by: DangerBabe on 2003-11-26 17:00 ]

Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-11-26 18:40   
i like it.. i would add more but the idea to me is complete

Lord Archangel
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-26 19:09   
what about being able to buy a upgrade at planets a

Auto escape pod launcher

and you have guessed it automaticly launches the escape pod when your about to explode

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024948 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR