- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » DarkSpace Events » » Questions and Answers
 Author Questions and Answers
Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-19 14:21   
If you have questions about one of the contests and would like to have an answer, please don't post the questions in the contest threads but post them in here!

If you need an emmediat helping hand, check if the following people are online. They are the Community Event Judges:

For contest-problems related to rules adress to the following judges:
Axianda
Conger
Depthcharge
Varzadium
Rock
Condor
Piotr-san
Valerius
Hussaro

For technical problems concerning an entry, contact the following judges:
Varzadium
Hussaro
or an Admin.

Thank you!

Greetings from the Community Event Judges.

[ This Message was edited by: Hussaro (CW) on 2003-11-23 14:33 ]

Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-23 14:27   
Quote:

On 2003-11-23 13:13, Twisted Barthezzz the Anti Matter Cowboy wrote:
About Sig Contest;

What about Sigs we made for other people?
Im not using a Ds related or good sig myself atm but i have some sigs i made a while ago that might be nice.

Or I have an old Storm Signature that i could use, though i dont feel like putting on my profile because im no longer in Storm, Im not UGTO and i like my current sig.

Cant we just post the sig we want to use for the contest in the Topic?

Ok I see now what problems can arise here...

I implemented this rule cause some people just might take someone elses signature and enter the contest with it.

But this is a special case, so you have the authorisation to enter the contest with your other signature.

If someone else is dealing with problems alike this one, pls let a Community Event Judge know and they will grant authorisation if needed.

*Hugs Huss*

Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-23 14:37   
Quote:

On 2003-11-23 13:39, Sandalpocalypse wrote:
How come the Sig Contest prizes completely pwn the screenshot contest prizes?

Well we realised that the gap between 2nd prize (250k) and 1st prize (1 week free) was a bit too big. We closed that gap by making second prize 1 000 00 credits and third price 500 000 credits. But I don't think we will hear you guys complaining about that

And yes, from now on teh screenshotcontest and the signature contest will have these prizes, unless better ideas pop up.

*Hugs Huss*

Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-24 14:49   
Quote:

On 2003-11-23 18:56, Sarge wrote:
what about the poem! ?

Indeed, the Poem contest hasn't ended yet. And concidering its a long term contest, it has much better prizes. The 3rd prize in the Poem contest, equals the first prize of the Screenshot contest... And the prizes in the Poem Contest are all fair enough and will not change anytime soon.

~ Hugs Huss ~

Serapis
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-27 11:44   
[quote]Posted: 2003-11-27 05:21
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sig hosting,

The site put up by EvilGriffen eventually requires a Credit Card!!! can someone Recogmend another site?

Seig Zeon![quote]

Well,

if sbd. has problems finding a place to host his/her sig:

I offer everyone to host it. Without a fee, or sth.
Just send me a mail with a subjectline like "Darkspace sig host" or sth. I won't delete accidentally as junk

This mail should contain Ur sig and DS-Name.
It will be hosted one a fast and reliable server in Europe.
I will send U the link as sson as I put it on the server.

U will find my valid e-mail in my profile.

So, happy sig-painting,
Serapis

Goto the website of Serapis
Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-27 14:27   
Thanx a lot Sera!

Very much appreciated.

Quote:

On 2003-11-27 06:07, Tiggy wrote:
Are there size limts for the sigs? (Dimension wise.)

And about the size question:
Yes there is a limit. Concidering the sig has to be the one from your profile, it will be the sig you wll be using in the forums as well, so yes.

~Hugs Huss~

[ This Message was edited by: Valerius{DK} on 2004-01-12 11:27 ]

Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-30 15:28   
Quote:

On 2003-11-30 15:12, CharAznable wrote:
When is the next Sig contest? and will the theme be only DS related again?

The way the contest will run now I suspect it to start again in a month. The theme might be adjusted a bit. But more about that when the right time is there

Hugs Huss

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-30 18:37   
Quote:

On 2003-11-30 18:29, Sandalpocalypse wrote:
Doesn't flash...ya know...cost money?

Yep.

[ This Message was edited by: Valerius{DK} on 2004-01-12 11:29 ]

Email Shigernafy
Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-01 08:14   
Quote:

On 2003-11-30 21:19, Achilles de Flandres wrote:
The Sig contest was rigged!

Can I get the mythical system of points used to determine the winners?
I want to see how exactly the three winning sigs out of all the others won.

OK,

here is how we judge on the entries:

All judges give a score from 0-20 to EVERY entry. Judges can decide themselves weather they give each entry a global score on 20, or devide the 20 points into smaller departments like humor/style/scenario/etc... For example this is how I quoted the screenshots.

I devide the 20 points in different categories. Those categories depend on the type of contest. Like in the flash, I will be grading a lot of points on humor.

I know many other judges devide their scores as well. Why do we do this? Simple: Not everybody has devine talent with working with graphic programs.

There are judges that have quality and smoothness as high standards while grading, other judges tend to grade more on humor en scenery.

To conclude the judge who runs the Community Event Judge meeting on sunday keeps track of the scores and makes one total of them. That way all categories are coverd...

As you can see a lot of thinking is behind the grading system and don't deny the fact that it is a fair way fo grading.

So before saying a contest is "ripped" pls think of the fact that the judges DO take their tasks seriously. The Community Event judges offered 3 hours of their personal free time to quote your entries this sunday.

Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-01 08:17   
Quote:

On 2003-11-30 23:21, Sopwith Camel [Buckyballs!] {C?} wrote:
I would like to know what place i finished in for both of the contests... is it possible for the event judges to post that list?

It sure is. The problem with yesterdays results was that Varz and myself are the only judges (beside the admins) that can lock and unlock a thread in the DS Event forum. After each contest the list with the places will be posted in the contest thread.

But cause of personal reason both Varz and me could not attend yesterday.

But check the contest threads. Soon the list will be added.

Hussaro
Cadet

Posted: 2003-12-03 07:36   
Quote:

On 2003-12-02 20:21, Admiral Jo wrote:
Hey,

i also entered my sig, im not jealous that the other sigs won, but i would like an explaination for each sig and see what you did and didn't like about the sigs.

Example, 'This one was exellent with the position of the ships and how the light was used, but the ships could have been bigger, and the text could have also been clearer'

(this is not based on any ones sig, if it resembles anyones sig and is offensive, my apologzes)

Just so we know where we went wrong and how we could improve for the next contest. When you say some people don't have talent on photoshop/ paint shop pro/ etc well then they can learn, by the comments made. How else do people that have extremely good sig's have them, by practise.

Anyway hope you could use my idea to help with the current and future events/ contests.

I would really like to do such a thing. But liek Tael allready announced we are working out a way to remodel the judging system.

Right now there will eb no time to post why a sig got that score detailed. I think the primary goal is now to get the judging system fixed and then we can focus on your request.

So I'm sorry, but right now is a bad time to do that.

~Hugs Huss~

Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-12 11:37   
Quote:

On 2003-12-01 13:30, CharAznable [ WERE # DRUNK!] wrote:
Well, reguardless of how blind you all are[ : P hehe] how about the best Fleet Signature contest ? Because, way back when Zeon was still arround, A great player by the name of Mobios made sigs for me, red, and who everwanted them in the fleet.

I think its cool when a Fleet shows some kind of common element in there signatures. if i were to have any input on the judging for this kind of contest : ) id suggest that in addition to the other categories, that there be a requirement to get the Highest possible number of fleet members with a Fleet signature. IE: a fleet with 5 people with fleet sigs but they have 50 people in the fleet without, so then they wont score as high as 10 people with sigs and 20 people without. do you see what im getting at?

First off, sry that we are a bit late with this...

All suggestions by the player base is carefully handled by the Judges at the Community Event Judges Meeting. We take all in consideration and then deside wether or not it is something we are willing to run.

Your suggestion does have some great points and I do not see why it shouldn't be something for us, but only time can tell if we at some point will use this idea.

Greetings from the Community Event Judges

Email Valerius{DK}
Valerius{DK}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2004-01-12 11:42   
Quote:

On 2003-12-19 16:56, _xSwitchBladex_-|-Tranny Man-|- wrote:
i dont know where to pst this request so ill just put it in here...i was wondering if we could have a banner contest, you know animation for websites and such.like the bar in gTN's website, or like the one in my clans website...flame all you want.
-Switch

PS- heres an example of what im talking about...CLICK

As written in the previous post, I do not see why we shouldn't have one. But no garanties can be made since its all up to what we decide at the Meeeting.

Greetings from the Community Event Judges

Email Valerius{DK}
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2004-01-19 11:28   
Quote:

On 2004-01-19 10:20, Nelson {C?} wrote:
About the next Story Contest:

Will the next Story Contest ask for chapter-stories instead of just a short story? I already have a chapter-book that is at six chapters, and is still not finished.

it is very possible however dont expect the next one to be a story based event

- Axi

Page created in 0.022993 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR