No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » -NF-
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author -NF-
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-13 08:25   
Quote:

...two things (most) PB has no concern of anyway...

You seem to have missed that [Most] part

Email Bobamelius
Kamikaze Chicken
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-13 09:34   
Quote:

On 2003-11-13 08:25, Bobamelius -NF- wrote:
Quote:

...two things (most) PB has no concern of anyway...

You seem to have missed that [Most] part

Right....so by putting in (most) it makes it ok?

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-13 10:04   
Quote:

On 2003-11-12 17:19, Swiss wrote:
Wel, i'm split, I use flux only when my opponenet is @ less than 5 hull, this is b/c i am too lazy to waste more torps on his sorry soul. But i do not use flux during fights, just as a finisher of a battle i have already won!!

Typical kill stealer, please change the way people get their kills soon

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Lith Ragond
Cadet
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-13 10:38   
i have to agree on both sides of the flux debate. 1 flux per ship is fine, the 7 flux BDs are pretty cheap (though i will admit i've used them on occasion, though i was having tons of fun i still felt a LIL bad for doing it... well... maybe not much ).

as for no flux? i dont think so, it's a big advantage having your enemy TRY to stay as far away from you as possible cause they are afraid of getting fluxed, plus, besides duel and wandering where i shouldnt alone, flux is far too dangerous in larger fleet actions.
and when people complain about me useing a single flux (combined with 4 flux beams) i say it's their own fault for: A) not flying better and B) taking me on in the first place

i hesitate to continue to add to the meandering topic of this thread but... PB and GTN were rivals for a VERY long time. it's probably been THE biggest rivalry in all of DS, one being compared to the other. it's hard for some members of each fleet to put off that "bitterness" towards their arch enemies. especially when PB has been more active than GTN and some GTN members getting upset cause they dont have the man power to stop them. and for PB, it's hard cause they see (or think) of GTN as a united entity, but when all actuality every GTN member takes the "honor code" to a personal basis and it varies for each member, therefor to PB it seems hypocritical of us.

so really, it's inevetiable that certain members will dislike the other fleet as a whole, or maybe just certain members. but it's really just up to yourself how to accept/take what the other fleet and their members do/say. you can look for a reason to flame/hate them, or not.

slice
Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-13 10:58   
Quote:

On 2003-11-13 07:33, NightDragon wrote:
well the way i Understood the NF to mean IN THE DIPLOMACY FORUM was that all fleets not to use Flux for awhile to show that you guys got skill without it

Any1 notice that when [PB] were Kluth the rant was cl2k's and now that they are UGTO its Flux????? wots next 'pulse beams are to uber.......'

Roger
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-11-13 14:42   
"There is no place on a ship you could mount a wave emitter without tearing up your own ship."

you are right, but you could use ship itself as a emitter (ships armor to be precise). obviously UGTO figured out how to make pulse go in the right direction not inside ship).

Ammount of flux waves could simply be number of capacitors ship carries.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-13 14:51   
I apologize for my earlier coment about PB not having honor, that was too harsh of me.

But please try and refrain from flaming and state your objections in a manner which is not insulting to the poster.

Well, nonethless I still don't use Flux Waves. Beams yes, but not waves.

Infantry Jettisoned...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius -NF- on 2003-11-13 14:54 ]

Email Bobamelius
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-13 18:48   
accutly anytime ugto get ahead for ANY reason and its mainly from them useing flux, people complain, not just cl2ks, and yes they are still a problem, the problem has NOT gone away, nether was the flux, and the reason you do see a uproar is because most of the player base IS on ICC so of course your going to see more people complain when someone bad happens to ICC

so i would really like to request that you people stop complaining about it and just deal with it, till the balance patch is out, and GTN and PB get over yourselves plz all flame is bad and no matter who starts what, that doesnt justfy flameing back

plus it is just bad taste

Hawk™
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-13 19:16   
I'm with g0ds,i have heard them talking about pb,i say just retaliate and tell them what they are:P

Email Hawk™
Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-11-13 19:34   
lets use KISS

This Bloody game Is Unblanced As Of Right now! OK? Wait for the freakin Patch! Stress test is coming soon! That means so is the Patch!

Bloody bloody blooddddyy!!!!
Bloody this and bloody that... Notice Nothing is changing No Matter What Everyone says!?

Everything in DS is Getting Re-Done, Re-Balance, RE-THIS RE-THAT! GOT IT!?

Now Its either You Pay and Play, or Un-Subscribe and go somewhere else... Or sit at lobby and chat with friends waiting for the Patch... is that so hard?

Email Thrie
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-11-13 19:36   
(air guitars)

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-11-13 21:07   
What was that about a stress test?

Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-11-13 21:20   
Quote:

On 2003-11-13 06:20, WDPFF(flux turns me on) wrote:
A long time ago, in a land far far away, there were castles. These castles had a number of towers on them. The staircases of these towers wound clockwise, so that a right handed man could swing his sword more effectively then the man coming up. For 600 years they did this, and no one complained that these castles were overpowered, and that it wasn't fair. And in no period, even during the height of chivalry did anyone take the towers down, and make them spiral around the other way to be fair.

There is no honor in placing yourselves at maximum disadvantage. If your enemy refuses to use strategy to limit the effectiveness of flux, right down to the simplest preparation of KEEPING A SPARE IE DRIVE IN THE HOLD then they deserve to die. As for ecm forts, feel free to use them, when PB goes to take a k'luth planet we expect an ecm fort and we adjust our tactics accordingly. When you're outnumbered and outgunned, if your not using every advantage you can get, your not playing the game. Now, I'm all for turning off the dictor during a friendly game of FA, but this getting stupid.

And don't give me this gtn don't flux honor is all crap. I have been boarded dozens of times by gtn multiple elf flux cruisers so don't give me this now.

elf flux cruisers...?err nvm

but good point and gtn is starting to bug me....(not all gtn a matter a fact not most but the 1's who annoy me REALLY annoy me...)

Kamikaze Chicken
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-13 22:09   
@ND, We didnt start this. We just want to play the game but if GTN wants to start flaming us we are not going to just lie down and take it.

@Sarge, Before faction specific tech you could mount multiple ELF on human ships. The worst was probly the AD with 4 ELF, 4 Flux plus all its current weapons...

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-13 22:45   
Re: All This

In the past i've used 7 flux bd's, and 5 flux bc's and 4 flux ad's. And yes, the 3 Flux Scout (Zipper!) Nowadays however I only use one flux, typically I replace my EMP cannon with a flux wave.

Is there anything wrong with using 7 flux BD's. No, not in the least. Why isn't it wrong? Because you can do it, and there will be nothing wrong with it up until the day it is limited to one per ship. While this means you CAN mount 7 flux bd's This also means you don't have to. It's up to each and every one individual player.

Individual Players, that's right, not Fleets. Let's all please understand that this isn't a GTN/PB thing, Bobamelius stated an opinion, you and I don't need to agree with that opinion, in fact many people can and will disagree with his opinion. It's all about Individual choices.

There is no reason for GTN and PB to fight about this or ANY OTHER MATTER in the game, throwing names, slander, quoting and just generally prodding at one another serves NO PURPOSE whatsoever to the betterment of this game and community. (I learned this when I stated my opinion on Rax Rotation) So please, lets just try to keep our Individual opinions to ourselves and if we need to share them, share them constructivly and based on truthful facts and logical statements, not emotional knee jerk reactions

Just because one person plays a specific way, doesn't mean everyone else must play that way as well. There are a hundred different ways to play darkspace, and in honesty, we can't say one is any better than the other, it's all personal choices and styles, and since it's a game, based on code, unless that code changes, it's all fair in the end.

Then of course. It's just a game.
-Krim

The world is full of darkness, we are the one true light.

[ This Message was edited by: Krim {C?} on 2003-11-13 22:48 ]

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033619 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR