No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Diplomacy » » -NF-
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author -NF-
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-12 15:32   
No Flux.

Show other players that they can get an honorable fight out of you and that you won't disable your teammates.

Infantry Jettisoned...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius -NF- on 2003-11-12 15:32 ]

Email Bobamelius
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-11-12 16:29   
Say no to mines.....

Say no to cl2ks on kluth dessies.....

Say no to Pulse waves.....

Say no to 2 reactors on an AC.......

Say no to torp deting.....

Any1 see a familiar pattern here?

Whilst your at it, if im fighting some1 of lesser ability than me, shall i tie my hands behind my back and fly with my tongue and toes?

ok, seriously, yeah flux is annoying, but, like everything else ive listed above, its also the only thing that makes UGTO any different, and believe me, the ppl who complain against flux are the ppl who probably try and press shift space as their f torps pass the rear of the opponents ship!!!!

oh, wait, you wanted something constructive that sounds like i agree with u, ok.......

Keep flux in, balance it yes, but dont take away something that adds to the uniqueness of this game!

B4 too long, all we will have left is a mining game with ppl too scared to fight because they value their ships too much!!!!!

A Jackswift Original

[ This Message was edited by: Darksworde on 2003-11-12 16:31 ]

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-12 16:53   
You can use it if you want, but I seem to do OK without it, and I enjoy drawn out fights, instead of a single alpha with CLs than V, and have target practice on a crippled ship...

I'm more concerned with having fun fighting, win or lose. If I die I wanna have fun doing it, and if my opponent dies I'd like it to have been fun for him also.

Ultimately it comes down to honor and the Fun Factor... two things (most) PB has no concern of anyway, so why waste your keystrokes here instead of using your keyboard more something more useful, like pressing V?

Infantry Jettisoned...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius -NF- on 2003-11-12 17:02 ]

Email Bobamelius
$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-12 17:19   
Wel, i'm split, I use flux only when my opponenet is @ less than 5 hull, this is b/c i am too lazy to waste more torps on his sorry soul. But i do not use flux during fights, just as a finisher of a battle i have already won!!

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-11-12 17:20   
Whats wrong with torp detting?

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-12 17:39   
Fusion Torp Detting is completely worthless due to Fusion Torps having little to no splash damage at all.

Goto the website of Novacat
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-11-12 19:37   
/m salutes Bobamelius

Finally, someone on the enemy team has had the courage to let go of a crutch. Evil did it by prohibiting ECM Forts (where we can, at least) and with any luck Bobamelius and his followers will bring flux to a 1-per-ship thing, as it will be in the patch... And for that matter, the UGTO have killer dreadnoughts (not the EAD, but those sexy carriers and BD's. Grrr, baby.) (at least IMO... I'd take a UGTO dread to any other)

Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-11-13 03:13   
Quote:

On 2003-11-12 17:20, $yTHe {P?} wrote:
Whats wrong with torp detting?

I think you guys missed the sarcastic tilt to my torp deting comment!

Bob, if you have no problems fighting without flux, I think maybe u need a clan that will give u more of a challenge then.

Ill speak to KC about it

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Tiggy
Midshipman
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-11-13 05:09   
Quote:

On 2003-11-12 17:39, RedXIII wrote:
Fusion Torp Detting is completely worthless due to Fusion Torps having little to no splash damage at all.

Hence the reason I see a lot of ICC streaming torps, including me (YES THATS RIGHT MEPHIBLO. HAH!)

EDIT - On topic, I've always hated the idea of ANY wave weapon. On a semi-realistic point of view, how would it work? There is no place on a ship you could mount a wave emitter without tearing up your own ship. Also, the flux WAVES are overpowered anyway, I beleive they should be removed, however, flux cannons are fine for me. You need skill to use them, and they are VERY WELL balanced.

Generally, I've always been in favour of all weapons being weakened down, so that all firefights are extended clashes between capships.

C.S.S. Vertical
M-410A Assault Dreadnaught
Fleet Assault Vessel

C.S.S. Ghost
M-41A Assault Frigate
Long Range Scouting Vessel

Visit My Weblog At
www.btnews.tk

[ This Message was edited by: Tiggy on 2003-11-13 05:15 ]

Email Tiggy
ScottyderEchte
Fleet Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-11-13 05:47   
Quote:

On 2003-11-12 16:53, Bobamelius -NF- wrote:

Ultimately it comes down to honor and the Fun Factor... two things (most) PB has no concern of anyway, so why waste your keystrokes here instead of using your keyboard more something more useful, like pressing V?

Well Bobma you have sucessfully manouvered yourself out of my list of players I respect. Obviously you have absolutley no Idea what Honor is! Certainly has nothing to do with Flux!

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-13 05:52   
Somehow using Flux at Point Blank range on almoast no armor doesnt seem to hurt those K'luth that much.

So flux cant be all that bad. It looks groovy btw

I am your neighbour! Lend me some sugga!

[ This Message was edited by: Twisted Barthezzz on 2003-11-13 06:01 ]

Goto the website of Barthezzz
g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2003-11-13 05:57   
Its real sad that a clan (GTN) with such Honor loves to insult PB all the time for some reason...i wonder why? i use to think GTN was an ok fleet, but now i just think your all ignorant whinners, thrive on calling others out about how they have no honor when you do the same exact things they do? wtf is up with that? GTN doesnt use Flux? nah of course not, only PB does...PB is the reason for all that is wrong...im getting tired of all the insults, always from GTN, wheres the honor in that? when we're in MV winning you love it, but when theres a problem in forums about something its *PB did it, they are the reason why*...make up your minds, or are you all just that 2-faced?

[ This Message was edited by: g0ds s0ldier on 2003-11-13 05:58 ]

Kamikaze Chicken
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-13 06:16   
GS is totally right. Why cant you just let us play the game and cut out the politics?

As for this stupid NF thing has anybody else noticed that GTN is only playing MV now that UGTO are the winning faction?

[ This Message was edited by: Kamikaze Chicken on 2003-11-13 06:20 ]

NoPants2win
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-13 06:20   
A long time ago, in a land far far away, there were castles. These castles had a number of towers on them. The staircases of these towers wound clockwise, so that a right handed man could swing his sword more effectively then the man coming up. For 600 years they did this, and no one complained that these castles were overpowered, and that it wasn't fair. And in no period, even during the height of chivalry did anyone take the towers down, and make them spiral around the other way to be fair.

There is no honor in placing yourselves at maximum disadvantage. If your enemy refuses to use strategy to limit the effectiveness of flux, right down to the simplest preparation of KEEPING A SPARE IE DRIVE IN THE HOLD then they deserve to die. As for ecm forts, feel free to use them, when PB goes to take a k'luth planet we expect an ecm fort and we adjust our tactics accordingly. When you're outnumbered and outgunned, if your not using every advantage you can get, your not playing the game. Now, I'm all for turning off the dictor during a friendly game of FA, but this getting stupid.

And don't give me this gtn don't flux honor is all crap. I have been boarded dozens of times by gtn multiple elf flux cruisers so don't give me this now.

Goto the website of NoPants2win
NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-13 07:33   
well the way i Understood the NF to mean IN THE DIPLOMACY FORUM was that all fleets not to use Flux for awhile to show that you guys got skill without it

because this type of post is NOT in the SUJESTIONS FORUM i find this to mean that he is not wanting it removed from the game only for Fleet and indviual plays to show restrant from useing flux

thank you good night

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027055 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR