No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New planetary surface Idea...
 Author New planetary surface Idea...
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-11-09 20:51   
This builds off of GTW(i think?)'s idea of having each square on a planet be its own property, and that you could capture sections of the planet,. including structures.

This is based on the knowledge that we will have more than 32 strucs, more than 16 inf, and more ground-based combat units.

SURFACE BASES---------------------

Stations, Command Dreadnoughts, Heavy Transports, and Engineers mounting a Combat Construction Drone Bay could deploy (from cargo) or build (with the CCDB) these new structures on friendly planets or on CAPTURED ENEMY TERRITORIES.

Infantry Garrison

The most basic structure, the IG will heal infantry and attack enemy infantry that approach a 2 square radius of it. Infantry fortified here gain addition defense and offensive capabilites. Can be deployed by any of the {aformentioned} ships. Requires 30 seconds to deploy. Takes up one cargospace, one surface area.

Deluxe IG

Same as the IG, but has a small infantry training area that will release one infantry unit every 4 minutes. Smallscale mining facilites will finance this.
Takes up 2 cargo spaces, 2 surface area. can be deployed in 45 seconds. Can be deployed by all aformentioned ships.

Compound

Occupies a 4-Square surface area, 4 cargo spaces. Operates as a normal barracks, is self-financed. Infantry garrisoned in any of its 4 corners gain 1.5x the benefits of an IG. The Compound will slowly repair itself after 1 minute of no combat. Requires 2 full minutes to deploy. Can be deployed by all aformentioned ships.

Deluxe Compound

Same as Compound, but has a self-sustained defense beam. Can take more damage than the compound. Can only be deployed by Command Dreadnoughts, Stations, CCDB.

Fortress

Requires 6 cargo spaces, 9 surface zones. Fortified infantry gain 2x the benefits of the IG. Has a self-financed barracks and self-sustained Defense beam. Has a self-sustained shield, capable of reflecting small orbital bombardment and non-sustained attacks by artillery. Is capable of producing Vehicles, such as artillery, tanks, APC's, and walkers. Can only be deployed by Command Dreadnoughts, Stations, built by CCDB.

Turret

Self-sustained structure that can attack infantry 2 zones away. 1 Cargo slot, one surface area, all.

Deluxe Turret

Same as turret, better armored, is capable of attacking vehicles and actually doing significant damage. 1 Cargo slot, 1 surface area, all.

[TO BE EDITTED/CONTINUED!!!]

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-11-10 02:08   
Overall, it would be great to engineer a planet to higher levels.

/me thinks of Couscant

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-11-10 09:13   
yeah i think it would be sweet to be able to build Earth to the MAX of its capacity but man when an enemy comes near it the server would crash under the load off all the IT's

- Axi

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-11-10 10:40   
*AHEM*

to be ontopic again...

I like the ideas although some seem a little to strong but well see that later.

Might i suggest a new ship for this.
A drop ship * duh * ... this ship would be able to carry these buildings as well as infantry...
gives us some more difference between em

- Axi

Nxtwave
Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-10 14:21   
I want to see a planetary cloak, i think it would be cool.... I was just thinking about it.. It would be hard to attack something you cant see.. I have no idea how anyone of this would work.. Meh

DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-10 15:37   
Self financed barracks dropped on hostile planets? Why should I build the normal barracks then? And I dont think those garnisons would be too nice, maybe some planets (especially terran ones) should have cities (as structures built by inhabits after some time, enlarging the habitat of a planet, giving the troops some defense bonus (maybe def bases too)

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-10 19:29   
Quote:

On 2003-11-10 14:21, The Nxtwave Tour wrote:
I want to see a planetary cloak

It's not possible to put a *proper* cloak on anything 1 mile or more in length.

so a plannet would never be cloaked. plus, it's just anoying to smack into something you can't see

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-10 19:56   
WEll, Dreadnoughts are 1.3 KM Long... Stations are much larger....

Goto the website of Novacat
MadDog
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-10 21:02   
The cloaked planet idea is great, but just imagine how many ships would crash into the cloaked planets.

NightDragon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-10 21:38   
i can see it now, jump into a system, and guess what tehre is nothing there, only gas gaints, and teh sun(s)

and then you get to play hide and go seek with planets

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-11 00:39   
Claoked planets... Hmm.... Even if you could cloak em, you would still be able to find them via the gravwells. At least some of them anyway.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-11 00:40   
Claoked planets... Hmm.... Even if you could cloak em, you would still be able to find them via the gravwells. At least some of them anyway.

Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-11 06:13   
yeah, it will be pretty pointless to cloak planets...

Though imagine a fully-built mourbon cluster

Goto the website of Novacat
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-11 08:55   
Orbital Gun:takes up 1 surface square and fires Heavy Plasma Shells at enemy ships.

Heavy Orbital Gun:2 Squares and fires double Plasma shots at enemy ships.

MAG:Launches a heavy shell at high speed.Murders enemy ships.

Field Base:Deployed from dropship requires 4 cargo spaces to carry.Serves as planetside field base for ur men.Heals them if not under attack.Can also train men from population if goverment there is not well liked.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2003-11-12 19:25   
Err.... please stay on topic here, folks... Anyway, the self-financed barracks mine VERY slowly, having one miniature mine. They basically churn out infantry to slowly back up the initial force. And you would need to have siezed a sizable area of the planet to secure the drop of thses bases. The idea is to bmake planetary battles much longer, with the possibility of a days-long struggle to take a planet with the groundwar going on.

Page created in 0.025039 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR