No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Mercenary Faction
 Author Mercenary Faction
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-05 15:27   
I have suggested this before but anyway i would like to see a mercenary faction that takes missions from the current 3 factions,they should be paid well,if their missions contradict each other mercs should have to fight one another.I already got my fleet doing this but it will get annoying after a while having to switch fleets.
post ur suggestions here

Email A Troll =SSC=
DragonWarrior
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-05 15:56   
Nice sig. its great. I think having a merc faction would be GREAT. I have spent many, many, many, many, long nights thinking about GREAT new factions and this merc idea has to be the best. The merc faction should have a few ships from each class ( yes, ONLY a few) and to make up for lack of ships, they should be able to use the ships of whatever faction hired them. So if the ICC hired them, they could use ICC ships and there own.

The difference between a fighter and a warrior lies in the mind and the spirit. The fighter, regardless if the fear death or not, embraces it. Also, they hold no wisdom, regardless of knowledge. The warrior is wise and neither fears nor embraces death.

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-05 16:53   
thats one of the things i put in my first post i just summed it up because i don't feel like writing the merc faction post all over again. just look back and revive the post for me k

Email A Troll =SSC=
Guard
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-05 23:16   
i think a mercenary faction would be grate and if lord Faustus would create such a fation i would be one of the first people to swetch to the new faction. or at least try it out for him if he askes to see if there any bugs with the new faction.

Email Guard
Erisian
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-06 00:29   
This is a great idea. I would also join the new faction, were it to be created.

Tiggy
Midshipman
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-11-06 04:23   
I, personally, disagree. Takes the unique feel out of being in a faction, and it's too hard to implement. Sorry fellas, I'd like to agree, but it's not worth it.

Email Tiggy
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-06 05:39   
No, Ds doesnt have the playerbase for 2 factions. Let alone 4...

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Ceridan
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-06 11:51   
On that bart, i have to agree.

but still a merc faction would be good. Heres a suggestion(hence my posting in this tread)

1: Mercs have ships in the destroyer and below, they cant have cruiser and dread, but they can get there own station type.

2: Also merc faction would be called the Mercenaries Guild(or MG for short)

3: Anny one in this faction takes "missions" and missions would be divided as such:
ICC: Anny missions presently available exept PLAYER DEFENCE
UTGO: Anny missions presently available exept PLAYER DEFENCE
K'luth: Anny missions presently available exept PLAYER DEFENCE
MG.: Corsair, raiding planet, smugling. etc

4: They should be able to chose which missions they take with one exeption: THEY MUST BE IN A [insert faction to work name here]'s SYSTEM(or orbiting a planet)

5: They are sighed as neutral until they chosen a mission(note on that, when they chose a mission, only the targetted faction and the mission giver change status, exemple: You chose the BOMB EARTH mission with the K'luth, the UTGO becomes hostile, the K'luth becomes frendly and the ICC stay neutral.)

6: Merc can FF themselves when they are doing opposing missions(exemple: merc A has for mission:BOMB BIG BONNIE, and merc B as: DEFEND BIG BONNIE FOR 10MINS[then aggain if the mission is over before the other comes well you can just watch the show])

well im out of ideas

stuck in Univercity limbo

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-06 15:13   
ok Merc Faction takes mission by checking out the Merc Net Interface where missions are posted.The merc finds one he likes take it and does it.If another merc has a mission that interferes with a mercs mission he/she will be considered Hostile.My Fleet is a mercenary fleet and if a merc faction is created we will be the first fleet for it.
There are no ship class limitations for merc faction although it will get it ships from its client faction it can keep the ships if it is hired by another faction.Of Course a EAD piloted by merc working for ICC will automatically appear as hostile.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-11-06 15:20   
Sure, but their ships have to suck royally.

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2003-11-06 15:36   
been there done that cough Agent_tart {KoTR} cough

^^^^first station lost and look what happens

[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Tart {C?} {Recruiting} on 2003-11-06 15:53 ]

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Devlin *EN*
Cadet
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-11-06 18:32   
I have wondered about this. More along the line of pirates. Now I'm no programer, heck I have a hard time keeping my home computer running, but isn't it possible to use the same codeing for current ships, just overlay a different graphic, (model)?
I'm sure there are plenty of people here that have great ship ideas that could be modeled for this type of faction.
Would it not also be possible to allow pirate/merc ships to capture other ships? It could use a system of precentages since a pirate crew of say, 24 would have a very slim chance of capturing a dread with a crew of several hundred. However slight it would still have a chance. Crew sizes could be set as a standard number. I mean one of the greatest things from the age of piracy was to capture a prize ship and sell it for the money. Not to mention, pillageing and looting coastal town and poorly protected forts.

Could it not also be set up so a player would have to purchace or capture a ship to get one or a bigger one?

I think this would draw a lot more of the "gunslinger" type of players who generally like to run off by themselves.

Just an idea I had.

Page created in 0.020160 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR