No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » cloaking structures
 Author cloaking structures
PuppetMaster[**]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-02 12:20   
Moijn!

Today i felt like doing a bombing run in kluth space. Not much fun with a frigate... Anyway: it seems that the kluth developped a new cloaking device for structures as you can see here and here.
Not only that it is not much fun bombing with a frigate, it is much less fun waiting for bronze bomber badge on a planet that shows 12 structures but you simply can't see them. Is it a new hide-and-seek part of the game? If so, what are the badge requirements and what will it look like?

greetz
PM

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2003-11-02 15:09   
I get that when I'm mildly lagged... the planet is showing that there are buildings, but it hasn't shown which ones are where.

Try hitting camera ('C') on the planet when you have it selected, then hit C again to return to normal view; I've had fairly good success on getting the planet to update when I do that.

Email Shigernafy
Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-02 20:58   
How come when you camera a planet all the buildings disappear, even if you can normally see them from your ship's view? Makes long range bombign and target selection a real pain.

Infantry Jettisoned...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-11-02 20:58 ]

Email Bobamelius
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-02 21:02   
@bob, thats why you camera friendly ships in orbit around the target planet or use scanners

peanutbutter
Cadet

Posted: 2003-11-03 14:14   
maybe it's because u didn't select the planet (it's like u bomb 1 inf - the view switches 90 degrees clockwise - and the remaining objects are unvisible til u reselect the planet; which isn't not really a new bug it happens for 2 years frequently)

oh doran i just followed ure manual-link .... ure using a voodoo they are kinda rare now ?

[ This Message was edited by: peanutbutter on 2003-11-03 14:16 ]

Email peanutbutter
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-11-05 14:06   
No, its's because you can't see certain enemy structures now, like farms or domes, or mines, maybe shipyards...I kinda forgot what you can and cannot see.

It makes it really hard to bomb too now that planets rotate. You can't target the diamond where that invisible structure is, and many times that
s the exact diamond you need to bomb in order to hit the structure next to it!

I don't know if it's a bug or not, as it's been posted before but no official comments on it.

Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-11-09 00:33   
Yes, i noticed this too. Apparently, the buildings have "signatures" of thier own now... and only the "important" ones like def/fighter bases, colony bases, starports and barracks are visible to an enemy ship.

You can get a pretty good guess at where they are by looking for missing diamonds on the surface and bombing around them. Of course, once you have capped the planet, all the buildings are (should be) visible.

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

Page created in 0.022937 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR