No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Paying for ships
 Author Paying for ships
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-30 14:39   
I was playing yesterday in FA and i was trying to get a AC.The problem was before i could get to the gate someone always pulled out another ship lowering the faction resources to 100,000 credits.Well i had enough credits in my personal account to buy an AC but that isn't possible.

I am proposing that anyone with sufficient rank and credits be able to have a ship of their choice imported from their home system.There would be an extra charge for having that ship imported instead of built at a shipyard but u would be able to have the ship pre modded,as long as u had enough money to pay for the modifications and a special modification cost,before its delivered.There would be a delay between sending the order and the ship arriving but it would be useful.Any suggestions would be helpful.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-30 14:41   
And at the beginning of a Scenerio those players that can't afford to purchase an EAD will be forced to frown at them from the safety of their Gate-Zone?

I believe that is why it can not be implemented.

Starrest {SNM} {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-30 14:45   
First off...your in the FA server, which is in NO way connected to the MV. So you couldn't "import" ships...second...the system is there BECAUSE this game isn't "Quake: In Space" but requires some stratagy and planning. So instead of complaining and trying to get your ship before everyone else try capping more planets, or building up the planets you have to increase resources. Now, second off...the FA system works fine, and no work is going to be done with it (except for removing it) once the patch is done (hopefully).

$wiss
Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-30 14:45   
well there can be a ship limit, such as nothing higher than a cruiser when using your own money.

my .02 cents

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-30 14:47   
You wouldn't need anything higher than a cruiser...Assault Cruisers are the best ships in the game.

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-30 14:50   
He said from the Shipyard. If enough time has passed to construct a big expensive Shipyard then I think you should be able to 'custom build' pre-modded ships. Something like that.

Infantry Jettisoned...

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-10-30 14:50 ]

Email Bobamelius
A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-30 16:47   
it would be built in your home system in FA the ship would come out of the faction gate but their would be a delay to simulate the ship having to make jumps to get there.anyway i just made myself my own fleet looking for members.

Email A Troll =SSC=
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-30 17:57   
Purchasing ships in game is going to a resources-for-starship instead of a credits-for-starship system.

Might be some compatablility issue there since player money is stored as credits, not resources.

I had a reality check once.

It bounced...

[ This Message was edited by: Gideon on 2003-10-30 17:58 ]

Email Gideon
DOM700 [-IMO-]
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-31 01:41   
@Gideon Well I think there should be two markets, one credit based and one resource based, resource based production of ships and devices and a credit based blackmarket maybe for some advanced devices

Never forget what you fight for
I have earned my betatester badge for being part of the open beta

Email DOM700 [-IMO-]   Goto the website of DOM700 [-IMO-]
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-31 19:55   
Resources are for producing goods.

Credits are for purchasing goods.

So, resources would be used to make a higher tech item, credits would be expended to then purchase and install it on your ship.

Black markets differ due to venu and the merchendise sold.

Imagine, if you will, that it was impossible for one faction to produce components that are on another faction's tech tree. The tech tree for a particular planet would reset or some such thing when it's captured by another faction. Now, if this faction in question wants tech from another faction, they have to get it from players in that other faction directly. This would mean a rondevu with a player from the enemy faction, to trade resources for credits. This would be a risky venture, for either side, as it could be a trap or could turn in to a battle on short notice.

I had a reality check once.

It bounced...

[ This Message was edited by: Gideon on 2003-10-31 19:56 ]

Email Gideon
Bad_Skeelz
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-31 20:55   
Well, one idea of how to implement a "buying ships with your own credits" systme is to have a stock exchange-like thing. There would be a universal value of all resources, depending on thier avaiabilitiy to that faction.

All resources would start with a set price. Then, as the supply goes up or down for that faction, a change is cost is added or subtracted to the resource price. Say faction 1 has its DM-producing planets bombed or captured. This would cause a rapid depletion of faction DM supplies. The SE would then change the valure of DM to match its current production and availability rate. So if Player AA wanted to buy a ship, it would be alot more expensive than it would normally because one of the required resources (DM) is in short supply.

Note: A price of the ship will never go below a certain point, so the shipwrights will still make a profit and to prevent stations costing $2 due to abundant resources.

I know this system I proposed is somewhat crude, since I'm not an expert on the SE or price setting of resources. Hopefully someone smarter than me will see it and refine it into something better.

-Excerpt from Vice Admiral Skeelz's court-martial regarding the malignant boiling and eating of K'luth prisoners of war.

Email Bad_Skeelz
Page created in 0.018025 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR