No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fleet Limitation
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Fleet Limitation
Deleted

Posted: 2003-10-24 07:21   
Hi, Id like to suggest that fleets have a maximum of 30 members. *eep*

This would help create more active fleets on different factions for a more balancing game play in Metaverse.
tis a hard suggestion but the needs of the many outway those of the few & someone had to suggest it.

-Anon

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-24 07:29   
Wont happen.
Its a stupid idea anyway and im not even gonna bother explaining why.

Goto the website of Barthezzz
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-24 08:08   
Bart won't explain why, but I'll give a couple reasons why it isn't plausible:

How many people in a Big fleet like [-GTN-] are ever on at the same time, on a normal day? 10? 15? Now, [-GTN-] has 65 players and lets say that 20% (13 players) is the most that are usually online on any given day.

20% of 30? 6. Now, say you need a supply and a dictor and maybe even a bomber? You are left with 3 combat ships...unless you get some other clans to help you out...now if the same clans keep helping each other out, instead of having 2 clans of 30 player, make one with 60.

And there you have it.

My clan, on the other hand, has 24 players. Of these, only 10 are currently subscribed...of the other 14, I know that 5 are coming back, the rest I am just too nostalgic to erase (and I like having a forum). If the Limit was 30, Clan members on leave would have to be booted to make room for new recruits...and then those new recruits would probably get booted to make room for the Veterans coming back...

Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-24 08:31   
Quote:

On 2003-10-24 08:08, Juxtapose wrote:
(and I like having a forum).

Storm has 13 members and a forum
Forums do not seem to get removed if you drop below 20.

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-24 08:52   
Really!!

LET THE PURGING BEGIN!

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-10-24 09:13   
what worryes more than how some fleets seams to engulf just about any players

is the constant fraction changes fleets that do

if one large fleet on either faction change it shift ballance allmost to much

rigth now the number of active players are shiftet to ugto 3 - 1 op against other factions active players.

unballance in the number of players on any faction wrecks game play for most in more ways than any ship inballance do.

i want fleets to commit (be fixed) to factions so lets say fleet select faction then they are commitet for 6 months or more to that one with no possiblityes to change in that time.

only execptions from this should be done and evaluatet by admins per request with very good reasons.

this wouæld prevent that suddenly 2 or more suddenly change same time out of a faction and crippling it to death.

if all players was on the same faction, DS would be to borring

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-24 10:05   
The only fleet limitation I would want is just what Rag said.... Faction hopping.. What a load of.....stuff!.... I find faction hopping in a gmae like this completely disgusting!

What I would like to see is balance, yes, I know its not possible. But the system we have right now is even worse than triing to balance the fleets because its possible to have a major fleet decide they want to take the entire MV and so they switch factions leaving 1 faction with nearly no players and 1 faction that was holding its own drasticly outnumbers.

As for purging. Don't even think about it. KSF has 11 and a forum. We use it and thats that. Hands off. Not only is it nonw of your business but why do you even care???

Email Daylight \
Barthezzz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-24 10:14   
Quote:

On 2003-10-24 10:05, Daylight (The Beginning) wrote:
I find faction hopping in a gmae like this completely disgusting!

Yeah damn someone foer getting boring after playing the same faction for months! Burn! Kill! Ban!

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-24 10:53   
It's not a stupid question, and it does need to be asked.

Currently, I don't think we need to limit the maximum number of players in a fleet. 30 players over 24 hours = 1.25 fleet members online during any one hour on the average. Far too few to really get anything done.

I think you for posing the question. However, I think this is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Email Gideon
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-24 12:32   
I agree with Ragglock and Daylight, but I also agree with Bartezz...

Fleets changing factions should be severly limited...either how often it can be done over an extended time period or (my personal favorite) Once a Fleet is created in a Faction, it must Stay there...FOREVER!!!

Not the players though, they are free to hop around as much as they want, nothing wrong with that.

Take my Fleet, for example. [S.W] has always been ICC and will always be ICC, when that gets boring, I leave the clan and join/create one in another faction. We had [S.C] in UGTO for those [S.W] players that still wanted the same folks in the clan but a different faction...when we had our fill of Imperialist goose-stepping we went back to [S.W].

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-10-24 13:05   
Quote:

On 2003-10-24 10:53, Gideon wrote:

I think you for posing the question. However, I think this is trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

The way alot of people see it, there is a problem. However hard to put your finger on.

my suggestions

1st idea) A total rework of the fleet system

A, Involving a more indeapth fleet structure

1, loyalties would be Faction, then fleet

2, one FL/ per 10 ppl in a fleet

b) Factions,

1, Fleet Leaders chosen would be leaders in there respective fleets

2, Fleet Leaders would be Members in 2 fleets, there [?] and there factions rulling body/fourm.

hopefully this would create some ideas on a stronger fleet system...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Idea) Only 1 Fleet admiral Per fleet, so the PB pinball isnt such a gravity well

yeah it would probably be nice to have my own fleet of FAs.. but when theres only a few hundred of us that play this game, your tallents could be put to better use.. IE: training new players and building the foundation for the next wave...

Seig Zeon!

[ This Message was edited by: CharAznable on 2003-10-24 13:12 ]

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-24 16:33   
Quote:

On 2003-10-24 09:13, Ragglock(KTS) wrote:
rigth now the number of active players are shiftet to ugto 3 - 1 op against other factions active players.

Thanks for the bit of humor Ragg, it'll make me laugh histerically for hours to come.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2003-10-24 16:33 ]

Email Bobamelius
Antdizzle

Posted: 2003-10-24 16:55   
err.... how about NOO FOO (sry for being human)

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-10-24 18:30   
humor well just did a count as postet here

either way as you see it ,if you are either kluth or icc you stand a big chance of fighting at least 3 to 1

icc against ugto/kluth

or kluth against icc/ugto

you cant turn the numbers around

even combine the numbers of icc and kluth you cant get same number active players as on UGTO right now.

its not a flame just the facts

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2003-10-25 06:02   
the main reason why i think it was a good suggestion is becuase although a fleet might not have the 24hr coverage (which is why fleets should have like a synchronious time barrier) . it spreads the actives throughout the factions .
as stated GTN has 60 odd members , PB have 40 odd & Evil hold nearly all other actives.
personally if DS had more population id be against the idea myself , but for the minute amount of people it only reinforces the need to limit & spread out actives.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030004 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR