No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fleet Admiral and beyond? Come on people!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Fleet Admiral and beyond? Come on people!
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-22 18:47   
214 people and counting... that is how many Fleet Admirals we have. I don't know how many are active, but, still that is a lot.

Why can't we have rankS beyond Fleet Admiral?

Clearly now it has become necessary.

I remember early summer of 2002...everyone was in awe of when Coombie reached 81,000 prestige! Double the Rank needed for Fleet Admiral! Amazing, we all thought.

A month or so ago, I reached that level or prestige....scores have reached it before me and scores will probably follow.

I'm not asking for new ships...I am not asking for a major overhaul! And I am not alone in asking for this! Heck, if you folks still used BASIC, I could code it for you:

>IF Prestige for $D > 40,000 then X = Grand Admiral etc...

Here are some suggestions: (approximating prestige of FA to 40,000)

***Nothing changes except the name, at 40k prestige you still get the Stations***

1. Admiral -> Commadore (40,000 prestige) -> Fleet Admiral (80,000) -> Grand Admiral (160,000) -> Grand Fleet Admiral (320,000) -> Grand Marshall of the Navy (640,000)

I don't think I spelled it correctly, but why aren't we using commadore?

2. Don't change the back end, instead add something like : / for every 40K after FA. OR chevrons: >

Welcome onboard Fleet Admiral >> Juxtapose

On second thought...that looks foolish...lets stick with names.

3. FA -> Grand Admiral -> Lt. Govenor -> Govenor -> Viceroy -> etc...

These Fleet Admiral with 120,000 prestige are active players...give them something to distinguish as such!

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-10-22 19:08   
i second this.

its hard to keep the eye on something that dont exisist and have nothing left to fight for.

only thing i can use my prestige and credits for is piss players of by self-d station after dred on their heads i have nothing to use my extra prestige for so why bother saving a ship

this is just plain wrong

it need a change.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Sopwith Camel
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-22 19:13   
Maybe we can couple this with a prestige reset (!)

Fleet Commander, Galactic Navy

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-22 20:17   
Grand Admiral is basically the same thing as Fleet Admiral, just a different cultural history.

I am, always have been, and for the forseeable future ever will be, against expanding the prestege chart under any circumstances.

I think it is a much more valuable useage of our time and resources, and in the long run more rewarding for the player base, to concentrate our efforts on redesigning the current prestege system.

It needs to become something where acheiving rank means something (just slapping another rank on will NOT do this), and where acheiving ranks is the result of successful actions that benifit your fleet or faction (once again, just slapping in another rank does NOT do this).

Currently, prestege means very little, and just adding another rank expands a system that STILL means very little.

Email Gideon
Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-22 22:43   
Its not the rank's fault you can't have any more fun.

Email Tbone
Depthcharge
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-22 22:51   
perhaps Ranks such as Storm Admiral, Emperor, Grand Strategist

History Is Written By The Victors

Email Depthcharge   Goto the website of Depthcharge
abyss
Cadet
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-10-22 23:30   
I like this Idea... ATM I just keep track on ranking on how low or up I am...

Welcome onboard, Fleet Admiral abyss... sounds repetitive...

Im not asking for my rank to be reset, I just wish I had something to look forward except passing coombie (hope that day never comes)
And no, (at Gideon) no need to change on system for more ships or anything, would be enough if a President (hey, funny rank?) could lock a planet and no Fleet Admirall was able to unlock =)

I already Imagine Coombie: Welcome onboard, President Coombie... muahhaa
-- Albert Einstein

Email abyss
Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-10-22 23:49   
meh

i've been here longer than a large majority of our fleet admirals, but am still an admiral

i think its just a difference in playstyle... when people are looking for effective ships, they go for the fast smaller ones with loads of firepower, ie, assault cruisers, k'luth destroyers, assault destroyers, etc etc

all those ships earn large amounts of prestige compared to what's at risk when piloting them, esp. the k'luth destroyers.

I on the otherhand love dreadnoughts.... i've been flying ACs more lately, though, mainly because they are much cheaper to mod.

mmmm

as for the rank system

rank changes would require a rework in the way you earn ships.. it'd be very mean to people who arnt at least a vice admiral yet. Don't think its a great idea.

i'd rather have more defined ranks within fleets and perhaps a faction leader structure, but that wouldn't be prestige dependant.

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-23 03:51   
For Sum1 with no arms legs or torso , You sure Come up with some gr8 posts Jux Perhaps typing with your tongue Stimulates unknown Brain Cells ..

Top Idea ... Now hurry up & implement it uncle Devs...

P.S oh btw.. idf i can add a lil to idea id like to see Badge orientated RankTags , ie:
you are top dawg in Bombing , so you become [PB]Kamikaze Chicken =BS= (Bomber Strategist)
You are Top Credit whore so you get [PB]g0ds s0ldier =CW=
or sumin to hat affect anyway ..ie they just examples for inspiration...

As for extra Rank Gid.. ITs damn neccessary , Once you hit 100k The game |Means nothing cept for chasing people on the ranking ladders.. Even that provides no real enthusiasum , take Coombie fr instance , you think he took a break for a dislike to game ? id say more like he had no more goals to conquer ie Ranks , Special Announcements like "[PB]Coombie Has been Awarded the 50k Killfest Honour" or sumin ...

Think past the 50k mark eh ....

[ This Message was edited by: Spiritlift on 2003-10-23 04:04 ]

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-23 07:33   
Quote:

On 2003-10-22 23:49, Sandalpocalypse wrote:
as for the rank system

rank changes would require a rework in the way you earn ships.. it'd be very mean to people who arnt at least a vice admiral yet. Don't think its a great idea.

Perhaps you failed to read the big bolded letters that stated, quite clearly I thought, that the changes in names of rank would not change the actual prestige needed to earn specific ships...merely the names would be;

1. be changed to allow for a greater number of names of Rank through the exisiting ranks (hence the: Commodore Rank would replace the Fleet Admiral Rank in NAME ONLY, this means that once you hit 40K prestige you are now a Commodore, which means you can fly a Station and any other ship...which is the same as Fleet Admiral, cept spelled different);

and 2. give the 31 players with more than 80,000 prestige a different title when they log in...just that, nothing more. No other changes, just a new title. Grand Admiral

Lets not forget the 7 players with double the amount of those 31 players, so would also need a new title (we could refer to it as Rank). Grand Fleet Admiral

Or, the 1 player, if he decides to come back, who has double the prestige of those 7 players? Dread Lord of the Fleet

This isn't an elitist thing, it is simply that once you get to 40,000 prestige, there are no other goals...a lot of you reading this think that 40,000 prestige is a tremendous amount and can't fathom needing more....but as a large majority of our active player base has reached that goal and continue to play the game...

The arguments of: Some of us are here not just for prestige! or: I don't care about that, I love the community! or: Its not the rank's fault you can't have any more fun. Belong in the General Forum. This topic is a Development Suggestion that is intended to increase Active Player interest in the game and to add a simple, but necessary detail to the game...not an essay on why we play that warrants such comments.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-23 13:01   
Quote:
Once you hit 100k The game |Means nothing cept for chasing people on the ranking ladders..

I'm at 93,000 and I'm still having fun. Are you saying that once I hit 100,000 that will somehow disappeer?

Quote:
The arguments of: Some of us are here not just for prestige! or: I don't care about that, I love the community! or: Its not the rank's fault you can't have any more fun. Belong in the General Forum. This topic is a Development Suggestion that is intended to increase Active Player interest in the game and to add a simple, but necessary detail to the game...not an essay on why we play that warrants such comments.

I'm afraid they do belong here. It's development suggestions, as you said. To develop those suggestions, you need feedback from those who will use it, not just the developers. I feel it is not as necessary a detail to be added to the game as you feel it is, hence my comment and others that were made.

Email Tbone
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2003-10-23 13:20   
the thing of it is DS is in a Pickle...

so many have earned the lofty status of FA..

Coombie is FA many times over.. and is probably at a fat farm now.. sry m8
( stay away from Krispy Kremes )

I agree there are WAY to many people here at the Fleet Admiral level.. but if you think about the Nature of it...

Why Does it Feel wrong to have So many FA's about??????

the reason is that the DS player base is a very small group of people, WHERE are all the LTs, Cpts, CMDRs, Vice ADs playing???

When you think Fleet Admiral, your thinking of a entire group of supporters behind you with everykind of person behind you

you should know better...

slapping a new rank on is not the way to solve this problem.

i support gideons reasoning.

A Troll =SSC=
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-23 14:45   
how bout just 1 new rank that everyone can work for ex.UGTO Supreme Commander,Warlord of the K'luth,and Commander of the ICC.
one person at a time can hold that rank and all the FAs would compete to get the rank don't know at the moment how long u get to hold the rank before u have to go back into competition to keep the rank.
Of course u will not be allowed to keep it forever after so long period of being that rank u will be demoted back to FA and replaced by someone else who will in time have the same fate.

Email A Troll =SSC=
XxIceDreamxX {C?}
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-25 11:00   
i like that one im with cobra

really..i can..

Email XxIceDreamxX {C?}
_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-25 11:24   
Quote:

On 2003-10-22 19:13, Sopwith Camel {C?} wrote:
Maybe we can couple this with a prestige reset (!)

the problem with this is, many users arent even at1ra or even captian, many ppl would get really pissed to log on one day to find out that their profile was reset and cant do anything about it...this might make players leave the game...but i do agree with it, let us all gain rank at the same time..could get interesting
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028558 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR