No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Poll] RP Forum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author [Poll] RP Forum
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-09 00:02   

Email Daylight \
Sorn Duskryn -{Shadewalker}- -VA-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-09 04:54   
RPG = Roleplaying Games

Roleplaying is one of the oldest things, human do. If you Roleplay, you're trying to play an other person.

Means: You're in RL (Real Life) a person. In RP (Roleplaying) you try to play a person which is completly other, like you're in RP a nice, friendly man who helps everybody...

In RP, you're an evil, sadistic, perfidious girl, which only looks for herself, is very selfish etc.

In RPG, it has two different knowldege: knowldege of the player and knowldege of the character.

Those both don't have to be mixed. If the player hates another player, the character MUSTN'T hate the other character, unless it has a good reason for it. If you mix those both knowldeges, it's called Metagaming.

The different sorts of character:

The Roleplayer: The roleplayer tries to form his character as good as he can. He wants that his character has a lot of special traits, and wants to play with them. He wants to develop his character, and roleplay with this in the game.

The Powergamer: The powergamer knows every rule, knows every weapon, knows everything that can be used for his advantage. His aim is to have the most powerful character of all, be able to slay every monster / enemy and his only fun is to kill everybody who is in his way. This sort of character is only fun, if you're in a group of Powergamer.

The Munchkin: The munchkin tries, like the powergamer, to have the most powerful character, as well. The difference between those is, that the Powergamer is honorable (if you want so) but the Munchkin isn't. He break rulez, kills other members of the party which could be more powerful then he is etc....

The first thing, you've to do if you want to roleplay, is to do your own character. For this, you've to think about:

What does he look like?
How is his moral?
Is the character good, evil? Is he lawful, or don't he mind the laws?
Is he selfish? Wants to help others?
Does he wants to revenge something, like the dead of this instructor? The theft of a important object?
Is he interested in money, or are his feelings more important for him?
Is he cruel, sadistic? Sarcastic?
Is he more the the 1 vs 1 guy / girl or more the sneaky style with a rifle?
How is his equipment? High tech or more the old things? What does he have?

That are only a few things, you've to study about, if you want to do a new character.

The second, and more important thing, is to play the character. You've to look that everything is like you've though and described the character. It logical that the character can change his mind, but it has a few general things, they'll never change, like:

If he wants a revenge for a thing in his past, he wont say now "Ok, I don't want to have revenge now. This part of my life is finished now". If you want to stop this, its a development over a long time, and the character should have good reason why he don't want to have his revenge anymore.

If you want to roleplay, you must be aware that youve to spend a lot time in it.

I hope, i could help you with this.

Greetz

Email Sorn Duskryn -{Shadewalker}- -VA-   Goto the website of Sorn Duskryn -{Shadewalker}- -VA-
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-09 05:48   

Thrie pretty much hit what I was about to say.

Goto the website of Novacat
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-09 13:06   
i Vote 5

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.008842 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR