No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +22.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New armor hull option on kluth ships
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author New armor hull option on kluth ships
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-10-05 03:54   
I was thinking that K'Luth needs to get some kind of change that makes them more different from the human counterparts.

I would like the armor have to go of K'Luth ships

Replace it with different devices you can install in the hull slots

Make more than 1 hull slot depending by ship class size(option)

Now kluth have the auto repair device in the hull slot.

Option devices for replacements (note replacing auto repair and ships don’t auto repair anymore dooo)

Then ad special biological hull devices with hit value , speed impact , and signature cloaking ability’s, are depending on the replacements.

So installing a hull that has gives larger hit value slows down turning and acc speeds turn up the signature.

Elf impact hull:
absorb fire from beam weapons and turn it into more speed more cloaking value and power , with some self-repair not as much like 25% - 50% of what the stand alone self repair device can do.
gives an lower hit value (cant take so much fire from projectile weapons)

Cloak skin hull:
gives extra cloaking power + 25% - +50 of standard cloak
projectile weapons don’t decloake up to certain values.

takes more power to install, -speed

Solar wave skin hull:
uses sun rays to increases speed turn rates and jumping recharge
- 25% - -50% cloaking, slow down weapon recharge

still thinking of some more options here but you would be able to expand this into many options

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
deaddog
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-05 04:43   
sounds like fun but this sort of thing was about before, the kluth could put on more system's. I remeber when I could use 3 kluth cloaks on my ship and cloak to a sig of -30 with out any ecm base's to help and more auto repair but all this was replaced by armour some time ago so keep praying i would love to see it back

PUPPY votes for more "FREEDOM" on how we mod our ships

a dam good quote from a auzzie being scottish

Email deaddog
Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-10-05 05:06   
im not talking about stacking cloakes here but a diffrent way

where you lose some cloke, power or speed to gain other options

so if you select to install extra cloking power in the hull slot you lose some speed or firepower (recharge rates)

or more power or spicials like the elf skin you lose some hit points on your hull etc...

[ This Message was edited by: Ragglock(KTS) on 2003-10-05 05:10 ]

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2003-10-05 05:13   
I kinda like this idea but i agree whit ragglock.
it doesnt all have to affect cloacking.

You could also place that sunray hull has a WAY lower ammount than the regular

you want power? sure but it will cost you total hull points

- Axi

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-10-05 10:24   
you got it right

pay something to gain something

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-10-05 12:00   
This is actually a pretty interesting idea. I'm always all for new ways to mod ships that aren't grossly imbalanced or complicated (like a lot of suggestions I've seen).

This is a good idea. K'luth need more mod options after the patch anyway and this kinda fits in with their 'vision'.

Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-05 12:46   
nice.

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-08 13:58   
Quote:

On 2003-10-05 03:54, Ragglock(KTS) wrote:
Elf impact hull:
absorb fire from beam weapons and turn it into more speed more cloaking value and power , with some self-repair not as much like 25% - 50% of what the stand alone self repair device can do.

*Gideon imagines a K'Luth ship with Keebler Elves strapped to it's hull for defense...*

Email Gideon
Pope
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-08 14:23   
i prefer evil christmas elves

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2003-10-08 14:33   
I think these options would be great additions for the K'luth once the Cloak has been fixed.

Rogue's Post on balance actually had some good ideas for the K'luth cloak and weapons and recharge jump rates. (half the jump recharge rate, half the armor and speed but Stronger cloak vs. Eccm and keep the CL2000k) and Those ideas to fix the cloak in addition to Ragglock's new device ideas would be Grrrreat! It would add both balance and a wider variety of ships outside the normal hull size.

Sandals
Fleet Admiral
Agents

Posted: 2003-10-08 16:04   
Quote:

Elf impact hull:

the problem here is that beam weapons are the primary weapons against small ships for big ships. basically, you eliminate the most effective weapon for anti k'luth work.

constructive: perhaps they could absorb beam fire up to a point before overloading... which would do some amount of system damage to it and shut it down. the amount wouldn't be very high, either..

Quote:

Cloak skin hull:
gives extra cloaking power + 25% - +50 of standard cloak
projectile weapons don’t decloake up to certain values.

takes more power to install, -speed

i'm not sure what you mean by "projectile weapons don't decloak".
We have no idea how cloaking will work, anyways, so I don't think anyone but a dev can offer a valid opinion on viability.

Quote:

Solar wave skin hull:
uses sun rays to increases speed turn rates and jumping recharge
- 25% - -50% cloaking, slow down weapon recharge

dunno

Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-10-13 15:00   
some more for ya

BIS R&D devision have come up with the following new devices only avalible at the nearest BIS trading post

all device names are working titels

Dust collection hull:

sucks space dust into the cargo bay for later use can be released by activating the device creating tempoarly space dust fields that last from 10 - 30 min depending on the amount of dust colected 10 min of colecting dust done by just staying in a cloud for this time and you have dust for 10 min simple

all know that space dust lower the signature so thats the + with this device this could replace ecm as an mounteble device on all kluth ships (no more ecm forts )

lower speeds

Magnitic repulsion hull:

huge power requierments with this device only works with extra fusion reactors mounted or the above solar skinn hull

when charged and activated create an manegtic bust wave pushing all none biological (none kluth) metalic objects mines, astoides, fighters, bombs, missiles, platforms and ships 1000 - 1500 away from the sauce of the wave at speeds from 20 to 40 depending on the ship / object sizes.

only way ships can compensate from the wave is to jump or e-jump out

activation wave time depends on stored power for systems but as max should last only 30 - 40 sek

drawback:
kluth ships using it missiles, fusion / torps, nuke / emp mines and mirvbombs lose control over them sinze those are human tech they get pushed out to (insert lot of whining by team mates here )

all kluth tech projectiles mines platforms are not affected by the device.

astoried collection device:

only to be mounted on larger kluth ships from drednaughts and up becaus of the huge storrage requierments (could go on the extractor to)

functions like the dust device hull park ship in an field and astorides get drawn to ship and finaly into the cargo, field size it creates and time depends on how long you collect astorides.

this should mabye be an option for all factions to mount but only kluth can make them.

could function as an extended larger version of the mining beam only this one can release the raw astoried again in its normal form or Extract the metals from it and sell it by option.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-10-13 15:20   
Quote:
Dust collection hull:

sucks space dust into the cargo bay for later use can be released by activating the device creating tempoarly space dust fields that last from 10 - 30 min depending on the amount of dust colected 10 min of colecting dust done by just staying in a cloud for this time and you have dust for 10 min simple

all know that space dust lower the signature so thats the + with this device this could replace ecm as an mounteble device on all kluth ships (no more ecm forts )

No more ECM forts? You're joking right? This will just cause an extension of ECM forts. If you don't know how, I'm not going to tell you because its fairly obvious.

Quote:
Magnitic repulsion hull:

huge power requierments with this device only works with extra fusion reactors mounted or the above solar skinn hull

when charged and activated create an manegtic bust wave pushing all none biological (none kluth) metalic objects mines, astoides, fighters, bombs, missiles, platforms and ships 1000 - 1500 away from the sauce of the wave at speeds from 20 to 40 depending on the ship / object sizes.

only way ships can compensate from the wave is to jump or e-jump out

And of course you inlcude AM Torpedoes and AM Mines in this because they are not biological, but mechanical. And why are ships affected the same amount as the weapons they fire? If anything at all, this should act like the pulse wave and only affect weapons fire.

Email Tbone
Ragglock
Marshal

Posted: 2003-10-13 15:49   
forgot with dust as an option on kluth standard kluth tech dont come with ecm as an option no, ecm bases.

and all devices have drawback on cloake speed power or hull when you install them and use so ....

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-10-13 16:13   
Isn't there already no more ECM forts because everyone complains about them?

Heh, I don't know, I just see ECM forts as almost necessary considering cloak was nerfed to near useless. It's also kinda silly to even NEED ecm forts to make cloak useable.

Dust hmm, might be one of the oddest and yet workable suggestions I've ever seen if the servers could handle that...they ARE in effect placeable nebluas right?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022835 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR