No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Weapon Type ID / WireFrame
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Weapon Type ID / WireFrame
-=//RirusAxis\\=-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-05 14:33   
Quote:

On 2003-10-04 23:44, MrSparkle wrote:
RirusAxis it does show you what slot it is on the main screen when you right click it. When you click, say, a Proton Cruise Missile to assign it a number, it will say it's a Heavy Bomb...that's the slot, heavy bomb slot. A torpedo will show Heavy Weapon, a scanner Special, a railgun Weapon, a MIRV Bomb, etc.

*blinks* *checks* oh yeah =D LOL sorry, sometimes I miss things like that, but I'm still up for starport/factory having this too, and I just think a wire frame type thing would add a more aesthetic look too it

...plus, it would just be cool to see where everything fits on the ship =)

~Rirus

P.S. if there's a [dev] reading this and they scoff and think that their team doesn't have the time to do that, I, for one, would be beyond happy to do this for them =D I may not be a great artist, but I can draw squares or outline modules and weapons judging from the pics of items seen in the ship display thing (bottom right hand corner, waht's that called again?)
...run

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-10-05 16:17   
@rirus

linky

was the last line of the last post i made in this thread

Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-05 16:34   
Actually...

I was thinking more along the lines of when you click on a weapon, component, etc...

A sub window opens with a rotating image of the item, with it's slot type and some sort of vital statistics listed for it. The statistics don't have to be quoted out of the actual database, just list relative strengths, etc.

A weapon could list:

Faction Restriction (if any)
Cost
Slot type
Mass
Range
Rate of fire
Damage Rating (1-100)
Power Requirements
Description

All with a rotating 3d model of the component in the background.

Or, perhaps you guys have a better idea?

Email Gideon
-=//RirusAxis\\=-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-05 16:58   
Quote:

On 2003-10-05 16:17, Doran wrote:
@rirus

linky

was the last line of the last post i made in this thread

yup, noticed it the second time I went through the posts actually, thanks though =D

Gideon, that would be pretty cool, if it ends up being done, could you do it for starport and f3 page?

for the starport, if it was another little window, like you were saying, it would be very helpful, for the f3 page if it was an almost identical window that would open up when you clicked on a component it would be a good thing to have, should have "re-sale" cost too, just in case =) and when ever you clicked on the component it would be highlighted on the ship, like the screens Doran put up (sorry, I not be a good artist and I don't think I could put together anything better then what Doran put up), Doran's screens are actually almost exactely the kind of thing I imagine, except for the text along the sides. if you left the f3 screen the way it was and changed it so you could click on any component and it would show up with stats in a little drop down box (or even just have a window in the bottom right of the f3 screen) exactly the way you described it, Gideon , as well as wireframe image where the current ship is (almost exactely like the screens of the mech Doran put up) it would be _AMAZING_

=D

~Rirus
...run

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.008777 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR