No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Hangars and Multiple Decks...
 Author Hangars and Multiple Decks...
Depthcharge
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-30 17:08   
What if in the Systems / F3 menu you could click on Hangar and Main Deck and it would go to a camera view of the hangar [for Ships with Fighters] and it would show how they are stored [which i thought up several ways in which they are stored] and shows them taking off and such and little ppl [not very detailed] working / walking here and there and the main deck just some not very detailed people walking around at computer panels etc.

Now i realize that is very complex and stuff but just a suggestion, i have some models i drew of The Hangar module and the Equipment used to hold the fighters and it wouldnt be a Hole that goes through the ship as i know that the game system has problems with that kind of objects.

It would be a screen change instead.

So the ship would stay the same on the outside but when you went into the F3 menu you would be able to see how things are going and the status would change on how damaged your ship is -- like when you have a damaged ship in which a hole appears on your ship if you go into the F3 menu and to them main deck or any other for that matter you would see some people flying out of the holes in which they are and then those holes having to get sealed off.

I think this would bring a new Depth to the game and would be awesome that when you go into the menu and you see your fighters getting fixed up, put into storage and others coming out and launching.

Dont you guys think so too?

However during combat more people may die from watching their little Ship members getting sucked out of damaged decks

Post Comments here.

History Is Written By The Victors

Email Depthcharge   Goto the website of Depthcharge
-=//RirusAxis\\=-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-30 19:59   
Or maybe they could even do a layered shot, where they show you where each weapon is...

you know, keep the list on the side, but around the ship have labels and arrows/lines pointing to squares on various parts of the ship. The squares would be hollow/transparent and you could see the missles/cannons/fighterbays/sensor packages/etc

just an add on to the first post in this thread, it would add a touch of detail and make it look...I don't know, nicer I guess =P just to make it a bit more interesting and add to the f3 page =D

~Rirus
...run

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-30 21:41   
thats one of the things i always like about cyberstorm2 (ooold game)
whenever you were picking out or modding up a herc, you'd have this nice wireframe deal and when u selected a component it would show up in the wireframe...

ds-ify it and when modding (or even in the ship selection screen) you could see slot types (weapon, heavy weapon, special, etc), mounting orientations (front, rear, full, etc)

Max Kepler
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2003-09-30 23:02   
Kinda seems a bit arbitrary.

Actually, it seems almost completely worthless.

While I like the actual idea... Faustus has A LOT more to do than implement simple graphics. While it would add a bit more depth, time needs to be be put into the patch, into the alliance system, etc etc. Last thing we need is Faustus suspending the patch some more so he can throw in something like this.

When we have like 10 people working on Darkspace, then I'd love to see this idea reposted

Email Max Kepler   Goto the website of Max Kepler
Depthcharge
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-30 23:43   
didnt say it had to be done right away. Just thought it would be neat and maybe the devs and Faustus could put it in the back of their minds until later.

History Is Written By The Victors

Email Depthcharge   Goto the website of Depthcharge
-=//RirusAxis\\=-
Cadet

Posted: 2003-10-01 09:23   
/me likes the wireframe Idea

=)

and no, nobody said it has to be done immediately, chances are F'll just pass over the idea and then when the game is more complete (5/6 patches down the road =P) he'll worth on graphicalcosmettics like this kind of thing =/

~Rirus

...run

Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Grand Admiral
Deicide

Posted: 2003-10-01 09:26   
*cough* lag *cough* but otherwise a very good idea

Email Kaine Darkheart -SO-
Page created in 0.010999 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR