No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » EXTREME
 Author EXTREME
Daylight \"The Beginning\"
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 11:45   
I have read many suggestions for fixing the rank top heavy problem. and well, I have some ideas too.

1. Grouping only gives pres for some kind of general overall score.
2. Each badge must be earned by doing the feats by ourselves.
3. Add 50% to the requirments for each rank or badge.
4. Finally, wipe all accounts (including Mods and Admins. F and Devs should be only ones to keep rank so they can deal with problems.) That way all the poeple in DS after the patch can learn all the new stuff and grow together.

Flame away.

Email Daylight \
Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 11:50   
You are going to get flamed, extremely. I am one to say that your idea is not going to work, as the game-obsessive people are just going to gain their FA rank right up again.

Goto the website of Novacat
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 11:52   
How, and if they do, so what....it will still slow them down lots.

Email Daylight \
Gideon
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-21 12:15   
My standard responce, which has not changed for a long time:

We will be doing nothing to the prestege system, or the general player base's prestege points (like a wipe), without the need to do so.

The only need to take this drastic an action that we can forsee is a major redesign of the prestege system. This would be more in depth than the changes suggested here. Things like moving the system from statistic based (doing X a Y number of times) to accomplishment based (doing X a Y number of times in a way that further's your group/faction's goals).

This would be a major undertaking, and no such redesign discussions have taken place amung the dev team at this time.

Email Gideon
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 12:24   
Thanks for the info Gid....um...May I suggest you have such a descussion and see what the player base as a group has to say as well?

Something DOES need to be done...ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE FA TO OTHER PLAYERS RATIO IS???

Email Daylight \
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2003-09-21 12:58   
Actually I agree with 1 and 2. I don' t like how someone can earn their badges by having someone else do the work for them.

All grouping should do is share prestige, NOT badge points. You want your badges, you gotta earn them. Even if you're grouped when working on your badges, the badge points you're earning aren't shared with the group, only the prestige.

Firekka
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 15:53   
I think the whole grouping thing is a bad thing.. only the dictor should be able to group

DarkestVorlon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 18:21   
Granted I had a fast rise to 2nd RA but as for badges and VA rank I WORKED my ARSE off for it. Ask tragic, he helped me get where I am rank/badge wise. DS is NOT supposed to be about gaining rank and badges, its about the gameplay in the MV. Untill people:

A) get their arses in the MV and push it and break it untill it gets fixed
and
B) well, look to A

I will NEVER support any kind of player wipe, unless the server database is corrupt or it is absolutely impossible to sue the current point counts under a new system. Ok, so everyones a FA, SO freaking what? if you want a game where you continualy increase in rank and gain new things with no limit, thast what RPG's or ROle Playing games are for, not RTS games like DS.
Former Member of Agents.
Former Member of NX.
Founding and former member of KIGR.

Email DarkestVorlon
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 18:50   
Point taken. I don't intirely agree but I see what you mean. I guess my thought is just like in the military (no flames here please)

To many chiefs and not enough indians means a house divided.

Email Daylight \
Deleted
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 19:47   

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2003-09-21 21:36   
I am against a wipe in any sense of the word. I've played this game for a little over a 15 months and unlike some people who play this game, I can't be here for hours upon hours just for prestige, I play this game for the game, not for the next bigger ship. If there were a use for the Interceptor Frigate i'd probably use it over my Battle Dread. But if a wipe were to occur, i'd be very angry that i'd be stuck back at scout level and forced to work for all the badges again. If a mass profile reset occured, I would probably leave DS.
-Krim

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
'A1Tyrael
Cadet

Posted: 2003-09-21 22:09   
I add Daylight to my list

Hello Joe! ;)

DarkestVorlon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-21 22:19   
well, the problem isnt too many FA's, its too much emphasis is on the ingame rank, and not on fleet position and structure. I absolutely hated the MV when all I could take was a frigate or destroyer and my fleet needed a extra cruiser or dread, forcing a P-Wipe will make that a epidemic, and I garauntee will kill accounts among the vets, granted there are many who didnt work for their rank but I DID, you did and more then a few people we both know and call friends here did, how mabny of them would accept having to start over after all the work they put in to get where they are?
Former Member of Agents.
Former Member of NX.
Founding and former member of KIGR.

Email DarkestVorlon
Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2003-09-22 06:07   
Quote:

On 2003-09-21 22:19, DarkestVorlon wrote:
granted there are many who didnt work for their rank but I DID

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

now theres a wonder why you guys like to insult players with Bull sh*t like this .. it is really pathetic ...

Yes your lives are obviously upsetting atm so why not try to ruin our game .. thanx daylight & dark for your expert insight ....

Yes lets delete all prestige every year or so .. gee thatll make long time supporters of game happy ....

oh yes players like coombie , anyone in top 30 including me Would just love that .. i mean we havent worked hard at all .. noooo we were given our pres in a corn flakes packet complete with nifty little badges & a pop tart ...

wazzamatta havent seen a flame thread in a bit ? or just decided to start one ... Ideas like this trully suk & if it was implemented i can garuantee alot of players WILL Leave in outrage ...

all payers EARN thier stats .. yes a few have been given top stats by busy staff ie scythe(scouting) & bonus pres dude (cant remember name atm ) but i can say that 99% of players have actually "worked"for thier stats ...

hmm ima end this before i get to carried away .. i wanted to stay away from this topic but the sheer stupidity of your last comment(above) just drew me to retort .. sorry ..

have nice day.

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2003-09-22 06:44   
i dont mind an new prestige system or wipe

im working on my third 3 FA account where 1 is like 3 x times FA, took me only 1 week to obtain almost all the bages in gold and did allmost not group.

what do that tell you ?

it goes to fast ranking up and obtaning the bages

after 1 month this one, im working on ,will be FA with all bages

if DS want to keep the player base i dont think the solotion is that the players dont have anything to gain after only 1 month of play

ifs fun playing dont misunderstand me here even with no new bages or ranks, but still its more fun when you actuly get something on the ladder for your progress.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Page created in 0.026281 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR